Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Hotels Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Status Match Platinum

I'm currently SPG Platinum, will accor do a match to their highest tier. I also noticed they were doing something with flying blue, any chance my united 1k/co plat does anything?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
What's the promo with Flying blue?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 am

Gold and sadly my status is only in the star alliance.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Gold ...
Are you saying that Accor gave you a status match to Gold only?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:52 am

No, gold is what you get from flying blue. Wasnt sure if they did anything similar for other hotel competitors or airlines
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
What's the promo with Flying blue?
Promo expired about two months ago.

AF/KLM was status matching various frequent flyer programs. In my case, I am QF WP and they matched to AF Platinum. (a QF SG would have been matched to AF Gold?)

And then consequently LH matched AF status, that also expired.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Acor Status Match Possible?

I hold Elite status with many chains and may put some stays through Accor. do they status match?

I have IHG Plat RA, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Carlson Gold etc.

If they do status match can i get Plat?

How do they normally do this?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:09 am

Please search the forum to find your answers.

PS - It's Accor, not Acor.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I hold Elite status with many chains and may put some stays through Accor. do they status match?

I have IHG Plat RA, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Carlson Gold etc.

If they do status match can i get Plat?

How do they normally do this?
Accor does not do status matches.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Le Club Accor status match?

Does Le Club Accor match HHilton or IHG or Club Carlson status?
i was previously platinum on Le Club Accor, but 1h ago i've received a downgrade because i've earned only 15.000 pts this year.
by the way I've to stay in a Novotel in Xmas period, so i'd like to benefit of Platinum status as before!

thanks
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Is this still true of status match into Accor?

We are soon to be heavy users of Accor Hotels. We have two stays at LHR Sofitel and one up coming week long stay in RAK Pullman with two rooms. At the moment we don't have any super status but have lots of mid tier status with Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott.

Currently we have no stays nor status with Accor. The website is awkward to deal with. Thanks for any clarity. P.S. I heard at one time if I paid with Amex Plat card we got free breakfast. Is that true at LHR Sofitel?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by ijkh
We are soon to be heavy users of Accor Hotels. We have two stays at LHR Sofitel and one up coming week long stay in RAK Pullman with two rooms. At the moment we don't have any super status but have lots of mid tier status with Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott.

Currently we have no stays nor status with Accor. The website is awkward to deal with. Thanks for any clarity. P.S. I heard at one time if I paid with Amex Plat card we got free breakfast. Is that true at LHR Sofitel?

the LHR Sofitel is a good hotel. It may be worth trying to get an upgrade - no harm in asking. As regards breakfast, if you have Amex platinum you will have a priority pass card. The lounge at the LHR Sofitel is accessible with the priority pass card so that means you could use the lounge for breakfast and evening canapés and drinks etc. Well worth considering.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TheShis
Accor does not do status matches.
And this is still true as of today. My Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum and Hilton Diamond didn't matter to Accor.

They replied after my request:

"This is in reference to your request regarding status match.
We are sorry to inform you that we currently do not have status match for Hilton or our competitors."

So I will continue to patronize chains where I have some status. Can't drop down to no level when I have top level at all these chains.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I will continue to patronize chains where I have some status.
I think those chains will be thrilled. The main point of loyalty programs is not to reward customers (that's--to an extent--a necessary evil) but to create switching barriers that lock customers in.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
The only status I have known to occur was the status match for FRHI members.

Also I personally think quite a few people (Granted some are serious about switching programs) will request for status match when they desire to stay in 1/2 hotels where it may be the best in town or because of its historical background.

What comes to mind is the Sofitel Legends of course. So joining Accor means you really do have to work your way up. I could have said last year, 1-2 stays with bonus points would in no time get you up to Gold level quickly and hence there is not much need for a status match for serious cutomers.

Of course with the changes now it would be probably more sensible to offer some kind of challenge? Gold match for a limited time would be good enough for those who can prove they spend say 5000 Euros or more each year in the previous 2 years?

Anyway my 2 cents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.