Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Hotel Century Old Town Prague

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery Collection

Na Porici 7 Prague 1 Prague, Czechia CZ

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - Good Service (1 Photo)

Aside from the building work (which aside from one of the lifts not being in service, didn't affect the hotel as far as I was aware, even when in the check in area I didn't notice any disruption noise wise) I was really impressed by the hotel, the building was at some point used by an insurance company, no less than the one Franz Kafka worked for which clearly the hotel are very proud of, room 214 in the hotel was once Kafka's office!

No sparkling wine at the Mgallery but the welcome offered on top of the free mini bar was nontheless impressive

mgallery prague2.jpg

Check In

I accidentally checked in 2 hours early due to a misunderstanding after checking out of the Ibis next door, despite this they were able to accomodate us straight away and were great in offering to organise a cot for the baby, I was given a slip with my room key telling me that as a platinum member that 'the entire mini bar was free (including snacks, i double checked that one!}, I could have free use of the pool and gym at the ymca across the street, as well as discounts on laundry and the restaurant', on top of this I also recieved a drinks voucher

Room

Room was nice, I'd not stayed in an MGallery before so had little idea of what to expect but there was a nice sitting area and room for the cot (which doubled as a play pen so fairly wide} next to the bed.

Service

I was impressed that even with a later check out included in the rate I paid they were able to extend the checkout again

I was able to redeem my free drink after checkout, alcohol wasn't included which as I don't drink it didn't bother me, what surprised me was that I was offered 2 drinks, the voucher said 2 drinks were offered for double occupancy but I wouldn't have counted the baby as a double occupancy free drinks wise! I did take them up on their offer, the inclusion of strawberry juice in their selection of juices was too tempting to pass on, so it joined the coke I'd already requested

Dining

Breakfast was included with the rate booked, immensely enjoyed by both self and the baby, good hot food offering with eggs cooked to order, enough pastry choices to suit most people {some i recognised more i didn't) ham and cheese offerings were good, although I didn't have them the cereal included porridge of more than one variety, the fruit selection was better than have seen in a while, the baby really enjoyed pineapple, two types of melon as well as crossiant and jam

I'd naively hoped that they might have had highchairs, so I then had to go back up to the room to get the pushchair which i stupidly hadn't brought down originally

It was pretty much next door to the Ibis Prague Old Town so convenient again both for the cheaper snacks and the convenience for sight seeing, incidentally for the area I was next planning on visiting (the former(?) Jewish quarter) they were very helpful in showing me a quicker and far more convenient route than the one Ibis had proposed, the map MGallery offered was easier to understand, another plus

Overall

If I hadn't been able to pick up the offer at the Ibis I would have stayed here all 3 nights of being in Prague, as on an individual per night basis without an offer they worked out as the same price, however the decision of having one 'treat' night was well worth it

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - Good Service

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery Collection?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very nice. I stayed in this hotel about 3 years ago and, although I had a good stay, I was not treated as well as you (Plat also). So, happy to learn they have improved.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:02 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Very nice, this matched my experience of last summer where, as a Gold member, I had the same treatment minus the free mini bar. I do like this hotel in Prague and the location is great indead.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Which room category did you guys book? I read somewhere the lowest-category rooms are towards the front and it's noisy.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver, KF Gold
Originally Posted by fppmongo
Which room category did you guys book? I read somewhere the lowest-category rooms are towards the front and it's noisy.
I stayed a few times in this very cute/historical hotel and the experience depends a LOT on which you you're getting.

My first room was an isolated one (not facing the main street) and was quiet and sunny. Perfect first stay.

On the following stay, I got a twin (asked for double) initially where you could barely sleep because anytime someone would bang a door in the building, your whole room would shake and vibrate. Pushed for a room change ASAP after few hours trying to work and concentrate there and got, again, a quiet and separate room all at the back of the building. Wireless Internet was also quite bad, I had better speed using tethering with my phone.

Breakfast/restaurant was under renovation back in December and mornings were a little hectic but when they will/have reopened the outdoor garden for Spring/Summer, it will be extremely nice again to get your breakfast in the morning sun.

The GM was probably quite tired when he came to greet me as a LCAH Plat on the 3rd stay because he didn't check my past history of stays and welcomed me for my first ever stay in Prague. Not really :-)

Julien
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:28 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I got a room facing the back, was quiet and peaceful
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
I got a room facing the back, was quiet and peaceful
That describes the room I had when I stayed there last fall.

Funny seeing your photo, because it looks almost identical to the spread they left in my room on check-in (I had platinum at the time). Glad to see that they're consistently offering a high level of hospitality!
Old May 2, 2017, 3:37 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Very nice stay in Prague

Very nice stay in Prague (10 Photos)

Stayed 2 nights at the Century Old Town Prague. I was very positvely surprised. It is a nice hotel. A very short walk from the tram station and as you approach the hotel, you can tell already that it's a nice building. I don't regret booking here instead of saving a few bucks and staying at the next door Ibis.

It's smack in the center, near the old town and walking distance from all the sights and touristic sites. There is a big shopping mall next door, for late night shopping (they close at 9PM) with some restaurants and fast food on the top floor that close at 11PM if my memory is good. Plenty of restaurants, banks and bars around, very convenient. 

IMG_4444.JPG

Check In

There was a short wait, despite the three desks being manned but nothing too long. Was recognized as a Plat member and received my welcome drink voucher as well as some discount voucher for F&B and other services. Same as others here, I was told that the minibar content is free of charge.

I organised a full day tour to Cesky Krumlov through the desk and it was very easy. It's all charged to the room. The staff was friendly and smiling.

No room upgrades for me though, but I was not expecting anything, I kinda gave up on Accor haha. I booked a Superior Room, a renovated one from what it said on the website. Was assigned room 409, which is almost opposite the elevator, which is not my favorite type of rooms usually. 

IMG_4458.JPG

Room

Room 409 was really nice. It was indeed renovated and I liked how it was done, simple but chic. The bathroom was.... special. You have to like the pattern and all but I liked it. Big comfortable bed, clean room. There was a welcome letter to my name on the table but no fruits or cakes :)

Being on the 4th floor is not that high up but the room had double windows (despite being old), it was quite noise proof from the street down below. I was facing the road and the tram line. I didn't hear anything when sleeping. I could hear a bit of noise from the hallway but that's about it.

Everything was well designed, plugs next to the bed (because we just can't live without our phones or tablets), plugs under the little desk. So no issues to charge camera, phones and laptops at any time.

IMG_4446.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

2_FullSizeRender_1.jpg

IMG_4447.JPG

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

Service

No complains about service. Everything was smooth, from front desk to housekeeping to the bar. The tour I organised through them went well as well. Saved me time to book online or call or go to the agencies.

The WiFi was horrendous though, it's so slow. It's fine for sending emails but surfing the web or loading YouTube videos for example took too much time. I think they had a "Premium Internet" option that you could pay for. 

Very nice stay in Prague

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery Collection?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 3, 2017, 1:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
I can confirm it's a nice hotel with proper status recognition.

A few points on my experience:

1.) Booked cheapest room. Didn't receive an upgrade. I arrived fairly early, receiving a complimentary early check-in at 11am. So maybe no better room was ready.

2.) Regarding the room I got... Pros: Top floor; high ceilings; recently renovated; not facing the street. Cons: Somewhat weak WiFi coverage (low signal strength); a bit of noise from the hallways; small bathroom.

3.) Great platinum recognition: Completely free minibar (it had a few Pilsner Urquell ); welcome surprise with cake and fruit (similar to pic from a poster above); drink voucher; early check-in; 30% off all F&B; a number of free bottles of water in addition to the free mini bar.

4.) The quality of the breakfast buffet food is excellent. Particularly the quality of the pastries and cakes was outstanding. Very large selection of fresh juices, cooked-to-order eggs, etc. Only downside: The service from the waitresses serving the coffee was slow.

5.) Nice building. As a previous poster mentioned, Franz Kafka worked there for over a dozen years. It used to be the building of an insurance company.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Just wanted to say that thanks to the reviews here I've just booked a stay at this hotel for my birthday weekend later in the year. Got a 3 night for 2 rate with free breakfast for about £180 and I'll be platinum by the time of the stay so will be interested to see how it goes.

1F
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:00 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Hotel Century Old Town Prague – MGallery By Sofitel has relaunched following an extensive renovation of the property. The 5-star property has undergone a complete transformation, giving the historic interiors a unique ambiance where classic heritage and contemporary design are combined together....
http://hoteldesigns.net/latest-hotel...refurbishment/
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
WOW ! I stayed there a couple of years ago (3 ?) and hardly recognize anything. Have the fares gone up ?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
For anyone interested, this hotel is on the latest New Hotels X4 Points list...

www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/hotels-offers/promotion-40285-promotion.shtml

Book between 17 July 2017 and 03 September 2017
Stay from 17 Jul 2017 to 30 September 2017

Full list can be seen in the New Hotels X4 Points thread...

www.flyertalk.com/forum/accorhotels-le-club-accorhotels/1854724-book-stay-our-new-hotels-earn-4-times-rewards-points.html
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:54 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
A nice hotel

A nice hotel (2 Photos)

Just got back from 4 nights in Prague all here. 

It's a very nice hotel in a perfect location, you're only a 20-30 minute walk away from furthest tourist attraction, and 30 seconds away from the tram stop outside the Palladium shopping centre (mall).

I made 2 reservations, 1 on a 3 for 2 offer inc breakfast and an extra night seperatly. Both for a Superior room.  I did email after making the reservation asking if they could combine but I was advised they couldn't, but a note would be put on so reception staff could see it.

1_MVIMG_20180413_162844.jpg

MVIMG_20180410_191632.jpg

Check In

Flight was slighty delayed from LHR so landed at 1:30pm and at the hotel around 2:15pm.

Had to reiterate to the receptionist about the extra night after she seemed adament that I only had 3 nights booked, fortunately she understood the situation and said we could keep the same room without moving.  

Given room 523, I have Accor Gold but no upgrade was provided.

Did recieve 2 drinks vouchers for the 2 seperate reservations.

Room

Booked a Superior room and it was okay.

We were given 523, on the 5th (top) floor of the hotel, it was a 'courtyard' facing room, overlooking the restaurant conservatory and facing some other rooms. It wasn't the nicest view.

Now the room wasn't small, but it just wasn't furnished correctly in my opinion.  There was no storage drawers any where, the closet itself had a rail, 2 small shelves next to the minibar and a high shelf with the safe on.  Bedside tables and main 'desk' table had no drawers and there was no storage in the bathroom to hide anything away either as the sink unit was all tiled.  I basically lived out of my suitcase allowing my parterner to make use of the closet.

I'm not sure how suited it would be if you needed to do any work in the room either as the desk table was so low down when sitting at the chair the table was level with my knees!

As I say the room wasn't small so extra furniture or changes of the existing wouldn't be a problem.  It was rather odd.

The other issue was the air conditioning... it was useless.  As it was around 25C the past week during the day and mid teens during the night it was greatly needed!  Apparently there were some ongoing 'issues' that were in the process of being 'resolved' but it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't the case.

Service

All the staff were generally friendly, especially during breakfast and the chap behind the bar was fine when redeeming the drinks vouchers.

As mentioned earlier there was no upgrade offered, I'm not sure but I presume the Executive Room is above Superior?

On Thursday I asked about getting late check out (4pm) for Friday which the receptionist was happy to do.  Unfortunately it didn't go to plan.

Friday morning we went out, got back into the hotel about 2:30, just before the thunderstorm, and surprise the room key didn't work.  Go down to reception and advise the receptionist that the card isn'tn working, he makes a few grunts, I advise him of the late check out I requested the day before and he takes the card and updates it. No apologises.

Come check out it's the same guy, he makes a grunt and a remark about finally being able to get into the room, maybe he meant it jokingly, but his tone made it sound sarcastic.  He then looks up my room and I presume sees the Gold status and his attitude completely changed. Even my partner asked if I noticed his changed when we went and sat down. Asks when we're planning to come back, how they appreciate loyalty and returning customers, offering to take our bags so we can sit in the bar while we wait for our transfers, even pulled out a Praha themed fridge magnet and postcard!    Thanks mate. 

Dining

We didn't dine in the hotel restaurant but did use the breakfast buffet for 2 out of the 3 days we had it.  First morning after being awake for 18 hours the previous day we needed much sleep! 

Breakfast was great, really good buffet range, cereals and breads, meats & cheeses, really good egg bar as well. Breakfast cakes... yum!  The staff were very attentive always clearing away and replenishing even at 10am when we arrived.

Really couldn't fault it!

As other reviews have mentioned the location is perfect.

For the places we had planned out it's basically a 30 minute walk max to everywhere.  We didn't use the trams but the stops being 30 seconds walk out front of the Palladium are very useful.

It's also 30 seconds from Next Door and Imperial Cafe which are both must visits for plaes to eat! 

Overall

Overall it's a really nice stay, apart from the couple of service issues I wouldn't hesitate in staying again.  Mainly because of the location and breakfast.  Sure you could stay at the Ibis but this I imagine just provides the much needed comfort you want after hours of walking on the cobbles! 

A nice hotel

No, thank you.
Yes
Easytravel likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thank you exactlyaron for this review. I think that the Elite treatment was really below average, reading you. I have stayed once in this hotel 3 or 4 years ago. It was OK but was not over impressed (no upgrade). But I would return if needed as I think this is one of the best Accor option in town. As you said, location is nice and you can walk to every touristic spot.
For the issue you encounter with your key card, this is very common when you request a late checkout. Keys are programmed until 12 usually and when you request a late checkout, it is always advisable to ask the front desk to reprogram your card.
exactlyaron likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.