Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you book sale rates with points?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Can you book sale rates with points?

I'm looking at a couple of trips next year where I would like to use points for my bookings. Apparently I'm able to use points on 'Advance Saver' rates, but not on 'Super Advanced Saver' rates.

If I held out for a winter sale at some point, does anyone know from experience if you can use points on sale rates?

Many thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Not sure about your specific sale - but I just used my points to reduce further a room rate from the recent 40% off sale for members. The website automatically offered - "Use your points" and then the revised rate if I used all my points.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks codesinvan. I'd posted before then current sale started but sadly the sale rates end a couple of weeks early for me, so it looks like it will have to be the advanced saved rate anyway!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Same issue here. I am trying to book the Pullman Barcelona and both the sale rate and the super advance rate do not offer the book with points option. I am not sure this can be override.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Same issue here. I am trying to book the Pullman Barcelona and both the sale rate and the super advance rate do not offer the book with points option. I am not sure this can be override.
I cant book novetel madrid with points either for super sales few days ago.
Not sure it is an issue only for Spain or all over the world.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Major Accor sales and points - not welcome usually

In my experience, all main Accor promos T&C usually state bookings must be paid in advance with a credit card, thus voiding any chance to use points. Only once have I been able to use points on a great 11/11 sale, but it was two years ago.

Accor points are welcome, though, to be used on rack rates, expensive rates, or even any low-discount rates offered by Accor.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:45 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Looks like things are getting even worse now. It used to be that just the rock bottom rates during private sales couldn't be booked. It seems to now spread into more regional promo rates as well.

In other words, for the below example, I would need to pay approx 50% more to avail of my points.

[img]points<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.