Ibis Damansara (MYS) Delayed Opening

Old Nov 21, 16, 11:49 am
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Ibis Damansara (MYS) Delayed Opening

Had booked this hotel for a few nights early December- now they inform me it wont be ready till atleast middle of the month. The property refuses to re-book me at another Accor property or move the reservation to a later date- the sole purpose of these bookings was to get that bonus point. Any ideas or suggestions?
ashkale is offline  
Old Nov 21, 16, 5:55 pm
  #2  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,523
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Had booked this hotel for a few nights early December- now they inform me it wont be ready till atleast middle of the month. The property refuses to re-book me at another Accor property or move the reservation to a later date- the sole purpose of these bookings was to get that bonus point. Any ideas or suggestions?
I'd just cancel, get a refund and book a different hotel - now that the Private Sales are on (for another 2 days).
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Nov 21, 16, 7:35 pm
  #3  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
I'd just cancel, get a refund and book a different hotel - now that the Private Sales are on (for another 2 days).
Ermm that would mean the 4th/5th stay bonus won't happen.
ashkale is offline  
Old Nov 21, 16, 8:07 pm
  #4  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,523
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Ermm that would mean the 4th/5th stay bonus won't happen.
Ah. You're talking about the 10,000 bonus points. Wasn't clear.
I thought you were referring to the 4x bonus.

I don't think there's much you can do.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Nov 21, 16, 10:17 pm
  #5  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Here
Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
Ah. You're talking about the 10,000 bonus points. Wasn't clear.
I thought you were referring to the 4x bonus.

I don't think there's much you can do.
How about the property moving the reservation to the opening dates? That should be fairly easy but it informs me not possible.
ashkale is offline  
Old Nov 21, 16, 11:00 pm
  #6  
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 3,523
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
How about the property moving the reservation to the opening dates? That should be fairly easy but it informs me not possible.
Is it certain they will open mid Dec? Sounds almost as though they are worried that it may not be ready then either.

If I were in your shows I'd try anything possible to reach higher within the property and ask for amendment. I don't see why they can't change the date considering it's not your fault.
Check your Private Messages. Have shared an email address with you.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Nov 21, 16 at 11:18 pm
gilbertaue is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: