Pullman Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Map| 7 Reviews | 71% Recommended

Roissypole Ouest (Rte de la Commune) BP 20248 Roissy-en-France, FR

Excellent stay(s)! (7 Photos)

Check In

We arrived in the evening from Stockholm via a 8hr transit in Copenhagen (where we did some sight-seeing). So we were pretty much kaputt. This was the end of a 2 week work vacation so I was looking forward to a good final stay in a hotel (they were all good so far) prior to our flight back the next day (OR SO WE THOUGHT - so you will have two reviews of this hotel. As due to a mess up between AF and VN, we were able to stay in this hotel a second night).

The property is two stops away from T1 via the shuttle train that goes between the various carparks and terminals. It's also 2 stops away to T2 and a 10min walk to T3. The RER station is 2min walk from the hotel (same station where you also take the train the to T1 and T2).

We took the shuttle from T1, signages were good and we found ourselves at the entrance of the Pullman. The driveway is shared with the ibis Styles next door which shares the same building design and same carpark. About 100m away is the older ibis hotel.

Chech in was swift and apart from having to request for our upgrade, everything else provided (including 3 welcome drink vouchers). Travelling with wife and daughter.

Room

I had booked the Deluxe room and we were upgraded to the Superior Suite. All rooms (apart from the basic Classic Room come with free mini bar which includes soft drinks/juice). In the Classic Room you only get 2 bottles of water.

I think it's importnat here to take note of what is STANDARD for this hotel in the room catagories (irregardles of LCAH status):

Classic Room:

280 sq. ft. (26 m2) with free services: WIFI, VOD, mini fridge with 2 bottles of water, tea and coffee, extra bed for children up to 12 years old or crib upon request. Equipment: 48" TV, Bose docking station, rain shower.

Superior Room:

280 sq. ft. (26 m2) with free services: WIFI, VOD, minibar with 5 free soft drinks, tea, free espresso coffee, extra bed for children up to 12 years old or baby bed upon request. Equipment: 48" TV, Bose docking station, rain shower.

Deluxe Room:

280 sq. ft. (26 m2) with free services: early check-in or late check-out, breakfast included, WIFI, VOD, minibar with 7 free soft drinks, tea and free espresso coffee. Equipment: 48" TV, Bose docking station, rain shower.

So as you can see, the rooms are pretty much the same - probably some higher/lower room allocations or building/runway views etc. BUT you do have the choice of early/late check in/out with the Deluxe Room for example - even without Gold benefit.

This is the room we were upgraded to:

SUPERIOR SUITE, 1 KING-SIZE BED (79" [200 CM]), 1 CONVERTIBLE SOFA BED

463 sq. ft. (43 m2) with free services: early check-in or late check-out, parking, breakfast included, WIFI, VOD, minibar with 7 free soft drinks, tea and free espresso coffee. Equipment: 55" TV, Bose docking station, rain shower and bathtub.

It is in fact two seperate rooms with the sofa, table, toilet and mini bar seperate from the main bedroom with a bathroom ensuite.

Daughter said the Sofa Bed was very comfy. +1 :)

20160618_213424.jpg20160618_213453.jpg20160618_215619.jpg20160618_215627.jpg20160618_215704.jpg

Service

The sofa bed was already made when we entered the room, which was odd as we had to request for an upgrade - so certainly the room wasnt assigned to us. Anyway, some time later Housekeeping came by and handed us the welcome gifts:

20160618_215350.jpg

Something different for a change!

The room was very well insulated and you could hear nothing from the outside nor from the hotel corridor. 

One annoying thing in all rooms is that they do not have dedicated light switches for different lights. Swithing off the one switch in one room meant that all lights in that room switched off. Somewhat annoying as my daughter still sleeps with a bit of light. The toilet light is the only odd one out so that could be left on, however not without putting a shoe between the gap as the doors are all equipped with swing arms.

Dining

Breakfast was a great spread with Flavoured Evian water (Rose etc) in teardrop shaped bottled which I had never seen before. Unlike other European properties which have the commercial Nespressor machines, this property has a semi-commercial Ille mahcine which is extremely slow in dispensing. They should replace this machine IMO.

They had a cooking station for Eggs, and lots of other choices. The breakfast room was always busy, but without people stepping on each others' toes. 

The evening we arrived we opted for room service. It came quickly and even though we ordered something simple, it was quite ok.

20160618_223534.jpg

I'll repeat here what I wrote above:

The property is two stops away from T1 via the shuttle train that goes between the various carparks and terminals. It's also 2 stops away to T2 and a 10min walk to T3. The RER station is 2min walk from the hotel (same station where you also take the train the to T1 and T2).

We took the shuttle from T1, signages were good and we found ourselves at the entrance of the Pullman. The driveway is shared with the ibis Styles next door which shares the same building design and same carpark. About 100m away is the older ibis hotel.

Overall

I really wonderful stay. Can't complain.

We were helped in the morning upon check-out by the front office staff who were at all times friendly and accomodating.

Excellent stay(s)!

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:11 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Second stay (unplanned) but even more memorable!

Second stay (unplanned) but even more memorable! (10 Photos)

Check In

I won't go through the whole review again as the soft product is pretty much the same as my previous review. The second stay here was not by choice as it was due to a mess up between VN and AF. We were denied boarding and were rebooked for the following day. I booked the Pullman 1 hour before checking in.

When we came back the FO team was surprised. "What happened?! etc etc". They weren't aware we were coming back as their system was down and they had to manually print out the hotel guests for the day and manually check them in. So as we had booked the hotel just an hour ago, they weren't aware. I even had to show them the rate through my phone - I tried to explain that the rate "was only EUR1".... but they didn't buy that :)

I booked a Superior Suite this time and upon check in asked if I could be upgraded to the Exclusive Suite. A 15second phone call was made and "yes" was the answer.

OOOOH What a room!

Room

646 sq. ft. (60 m2) with bedroom, lounge area and terrace. Free early check-in or late check-out, parking, breakfast included, WIFI, 2 TVs, VOD, minibar with 7 free soft drinks, free espresso coffee, Bose docking station, rain shower and bathtub.

Again the room was split into a bedroom and a lounge, just like in the Superior Suite. However everything was larger. The bedroom had the writing desk hidden behind the bed. There was a large bathroom with a his and her basin. Large jacuzzi bath and also a rain shower.

The living room had the sofa (bed), a extra single sofa, large table and large pantry. Here too there was a seperate toilet.

The ille coffe machine here was a professional range and the mini bar not only consisted of the usual free drinks, but also had various large bottles of water (sparkling/non sparkiling).

Here are the pictures

20160619_172509.jpg20160619_172526.jpg20160619_172553.jpg20160619_172606.jpg20160619_172641.jpg20160619_173013.jpg

Here is the bathroom:

27257585264_ea06da89dc_k.jpg

On the left, behind the hand basin wall is a toilet.

On the right, behind the hand basin wall is the shower.

And here is the additional piece of the Suite. La terrace, a plane spotters dream.

27257541274_7da9e1ce46_k.jpg

(note: it isn't curved - only at the end it is) - but the middle part was distorted through the panorama function of the phone).

20160619_195330.jpg20160619_200134.jpg

Overall

I skipped the rest as that can be read in the other review. Bottom line both nights were wonderful and we will cetrainly stay again if EVER we decided to fly out of CDG again!

As mentioned in the previous review, the location is great as it's 3min walk from the RER station and the free Val Roissy train line that serves all terminals.

Take note though that IF you have lots of luggage, taking it on the free train shuttle can be a PITA as they don't allow carts onto the train.

Second stay (unplanned) but even more memorable!

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:48 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Wow, thanks for the review gilbertaue. Did you visit the basement where the pool is located? Its a nice place. I'll soon share my review of this hotel soon with the rest of my Europe trip
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:06 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Wow, thanks for the review gilbertaue. Did you visit the basement where the pool is located? Its a nice place. I'll soon share my review of this hotel soon with the rest of my Europe trip
No unfortunately we didn't even though we had our swimming gear with us.
But we were so tired both days that I didn't do much.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:56 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Hotel Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport

Hotel Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport (31 Photos)

Check In

This is the last hotel on my Europe trip. Thus, having come from the Paris city centre around 3pm, it was a relief to be welcome to such a nice lobby without the hustle and bustle of Paris. I booked a Classic room since it was just 1 night and as Gold Le Club memebrs (Just upgraded to Platinum after this stay), we were upgraded 1 category to Superior King room with a good view of the CDG runway.

We recieved all the usual Welcome drink vouchers and etc and given a short rundown of the hotel by the wonderful Front Office staff.

20160522_175515.jpg

20160522_141752.jpg

20160522_141750.jpg

Room

We were given a room on the 6th floor with views of CDG airport runway and a carpark before it. The room was well appointed with a spacious bathroom. (Although one thing that is starting to bug me is that hotel's these days are seprating the toilet and shower area. Anyone knows why?) The room we were in came with complimentary 5 soft drinks.

*(Also to add on, as Gold memebr, should I be expecting any welcome amenities? As I have noticed that some hotels I go to, they put some treats in the room while some don't, anyone could share some infomation. That will be great)*

20160522_143224.jpg

20160522_143210.jpg

20160522_143151.jpg

20160522_143602.jpg

20160522_143126.jpg

20160522_144718.jpg

20160522_143800.jpg

20160522_144523.jpg

What I do like about this Pullman is that they are using a different type of C.O.Bigelow bath amenities (Italian made) and are better scented. Unlike those plastic tubes you find in Pullman's in Asia (China made) and not as nice scented as those bottles. Well, thats just me perhaps.

20160113_161938_HDR.JPG

1_20160522_143320.jpg

1_20160522_143033.jpg

Dining

Since we were here for just 1 night, we decided to try having dinner at the hotel bar. It definetly was a great choice as the burgers at the Hotel are amazing. I had the Truffle Burger while my mother had a Fish and Chips (I somehow totally forgot to take pictures of the fish.). We also used our complimentary drinks during our meal which allowed us to other cocktails.

20160522_150608.jpg

20160522_150604.jpg

20160522_184523.jpg

1_20160522_190132.jpg

1_20160522_190136.jpg

In addition to having dinner at the hotel, brekafast was included in our rate and thus I proceeded for an early breakfast as our flight was at 12pm and knowing CDG security queues, we wanted to be at the airport 2.5 - 3 hours early. The breakfsat buffet was great with a good variety of food. There was even a egg station here which impressed me alot but it was also somewhat expected of this caliber of hotel.

The only problem I encounted during breakfast was that they took 15-20 mins to find some maple syrup to go along with my waffles as they only had honey on the buffet line.

20160523_070449.jpg

20160523_070621.jpg

20160523_070604.jpg

20160523_070533.jpg

20160523_070521.jpg

20160523_070515.jpg

20160523_070453.jpg

20160523_070722.jpg

20160523_070741.jpg

20160523_070738.jpg

Amenities

The one thing I was looking forward to when staying at this hotel was visit the pool. It was such a wonderful experience for me as I have never swn underground before. The pool I might add was fairly large too with a Sauna and Steam room located behind the wall with the waterfall. Directly next to the pool was the fully eqqupied gym. 

20160522_192737.jpg

20160522_150408.jpg

Overall

Overall, I did enjoy my 1 night stay and must say this airport hotel is great. I have only ever stayed at 2 other airport hotels which was in Singapore and LA. But this was so far the best out of the 3. If you are looking for airport hotel in PAris CDG. Look no further.

Hotel Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have been twice at the restaurant, working close to CDG, and I agree it is great. The breakfast buffet on your pictures looks really amazing. Definitely one of the best hotels in CDG with the Hilton and Hyatt (the buffet at the Hyatt is still the best food experience you can have at CDG IMO). The Sheraton has good food (but at an atrocious price) but the rooms are extremely overpriced and disappointing are are starting to show their age. You pay the price for the convenience to be in the heart of Terminal 2.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Hammam at Pullman Roissy CDG Airport

Their website mentions a Hammam on site. Is it Coed or Single Gender? I can't find the spa menu/costs. Does anyone know what the cost for the Hammam is? Thank you.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Pullman Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport - Easy going

Easy going (4 Photos)

Check In

Really easy check in & out. Staff is welcome and very young.

Room

Almost brand new hotel, so room are mostly modern with new equipement.

Dining

Really good dining @ the restaurant.

Short menu, but it's French and Good. It's an open kitchen and you can sit @ the bar watchnig them cooking for you.

Great bar, young staff.

Overall

IMG_0173.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0177.JPGIMG_0179.JPG

Easy going

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:45 am
Suspended

Hi everyone,

Given your reviews the Pullman seems to be the best option for Accor at CDG. Can you also confirm me it has the best view on the runways/taxiways VS the Novotel CDG ?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi everyone,

Given your reviews the Pullman seems to be the best option for Accor at CDG. Can you also confirm me it has the best view on the runways/taxiways VS the Novotel CDG ?

Thanks
It is surely one of the best options, but I'm not sure it's the one who has the best view on airport ops. And for all CDG hotels, it depends also which side your room is facing.
The ex-Sofitel-ex-Pullman (now Mercure) has some nice views on one side. The Hilton is not bad and of course, the Sheraton on its south side.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:21 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Hi everyone,

Thanks
The Pulllman is definitely the way to go if you are considering a hotel at CDG. they lead in service, rooms and amenities. However, they do not have fantastic view of the runway IMO.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It is surely one of the best options, but I'm not sure it's the one who has the best view on airport ops. And for all CDG hotels, it depends also which side your room is facing.
The ex-Sofitel-ex-Pullman (now Mercure) has some nice views on one side. The Hilton is not bad and of course, the Sheraton on its south side.
Hi,
I have tons of points that I need to use therefore I only considered Accor. I thought the Mercure was less convenient regarding its location than the Novotel or the Pullman. Our flight is at 8am so every minute of sleep counts
Still, I will have a look at the Mercure.
Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
The Pulllman is definitely the way to go if you are considering a hotel at CDG. they lead in service, rooms and amenities. However, they do not have fantastic view of the runway IMO.
Hi,
Indeed I could not find any bad reviews. Too bad they do not have a great view on runways, it would have been "la cerise sur le gateau"
Thanks
​​​​
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Hi,
I have tons of points that I need to use therefore I only considered Accor. I thought the Mercure was less convenient regarding its location than the Novotel or the Pullman. Our flight is at 8am so every minute of sleep counts
Still, I will have a look at the Mercure.
Thanks
The Mercure is indeed a bit less convenient to reach, while the Pullman is easy being one step away from the RER and CDGVAL. If I were you I would go to the Pullman without hesitation.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Agree totally: an excellent hotel

I have also stayed here recently, and was also upgraded to a suite (I'm a LeClub Platinum member) I'm not bothered about a view of the runway and far more concerned with a decent night's sleep before or after a long-haul flight. The noise insulation is incredible: not a sound from planes, traffic or other people in corridors or rooms.

The only thing I don't much care for is the arrangement where reception staff stand around a large desk in the middle of the lobby. Many of them have their backs to you as you arrive and it looks most unwelcoming. But then, I'm not a fan of open plan offices either, so this a just a matter of taste.

There was also a slight issue because of a grumpy guy on duty in the resturant for breakfast. I had a tariff including breakfast, but my name was not on his list. He was really quite unpleasant. I went to reception about it and they confirmed the inclusive tariff and let the restaurant know. The grumpy guy then seemed even more unpleasant! Surely, it was his responsibility to contact reception and enquire, not mine to 'prove' that his list was incorrect? The exchange was in French, which I speak fluently, by the way (though French was not the first language of either of us).

It may look odd that two paragraphs of a review headed 'an excellent hotel' are about things I didn't care for, so I repeat the rooms, staff (everyone else I encountered) and quality of services are excellent.

Last edited by rangerss75; Apr 14, 2017 at 9:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.