FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:38 am
rangerss75

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Agree totally: an excellent hotel

I have also stayed here recently, and was also upgraded to a suite (I'm a LeClub Platinum member) I'm not bothered about a view of the runway and far more concerned with a decent night's sleep before or after a long-haul flight. The noise insulation is incredible: not a sound from planes, traffic or other people in corridors or rooms.

The only thing I don't much care for is the arrangement where reception staff stand around a large desk in the middle of the lobby. Many of them have their backs to you as you arrive and it looks most unwelcoming. But then, I'm not a fan of open plan offices either, so this a just a matter of taste.

There was also a slight issue because of a grumpy guy on duty in the resturant for breakfast. I had a tariff including breakfast, but my name was not on his list. He was really quite unpleasant. I went to reception about it and they confirmed the inclusive tariff and let the restaurant know. The grumpy guy then seemed even more unpleasant! Surely, it was his responsibility to contact reception and enquire, not mine to 'prove' that his list was incorrect? The exchange was in French, which I speak fluently, by the way (though French was not the first language of either of us).

It may look odd that two paragraphs of a review headed 'an excellent hotel' are about things I didn't care for, so I repeat the rooms, staff (everyone else I encountered) and quality of services are excellent.

Last edited by rangerss75; Apr 14, 2017 at 9:49 am