FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1735799-please-post-your-le-club-elite-experiences-2016-master-thread.html)

JPMND May 10, 2016 4:45 am

Novotel Citygate Hong Kong

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hong Kong Citygate

- What is your Le Club status?
Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Room, received Executive Premier Room.

- How are the rooms? Clean and well presented room.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Helpful staff in the excellent Executive Lounge and one of the closest hotels to Hong Kong Airport

Bad:
Reception and restaurant staff could be more informed of their own product. We wanted to take advantage of a dinner promotion advertised in both the Citygate Mall and the hotel entrance itself to only be told by the staff that they had never heard of it and that it didnt exist. We had to drag them to the poster to which they then had to consult with a manager that what we were wanting was in fact available despite the T&Cs clearly visible

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Upgraded to an Executive Premier Room with access to Club Lounge. Lounge was excellent with a wide range of food options and a good drink selection

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2, good for house wine, local bear, and soft drinks. Welcome card delivered to room shortly after arrival and fifteen percent discount voucher provided for restaurant and bar

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? GBP 110 per night for Superior Room excl. taxes. I would return only if I had an early flight out of HKG as the hotel is a bit of a trek on the MTR into town

JPMND May 10, 2016 5:03 am

Grand Mercure Xian Renmin Square

- Name of the hotel: Grand Mercure Xian Renmin Square

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Room, received 2 Bedroom Deluxe Suite.

- How are the rooms? Excellent with comfy bed and large living room. Stand-out feature was the whirlpool bath.

Good:
Hotel location is great and hotel staff were particularly helpful

Bad:
Drinks vouchers were to be redeemed at the Sofitel next door however only one voucher was given despite two of us staying in the room. Easily rectified but the staff at the Sofitel were not pro-active in sorting it out, leaving me to the leg-work

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Grand Mercure didn't have a lounge so can't comment

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink for 2, good for just about anything on the menu including Verve Cliquot which we indulged in! Fresh fruit and macaroons were also delivered to our suite shortly after check-in

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? GBP 65 per night for Superior Room. I would recommend but would try the Sofitel if I ever visit Xi'an again.

thomas199023 May 18, 2016 5:21 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Amsterdam Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? booked Classic, received privilege.

- How are the rooms? Bedroom was nice, newly renovated.

Good: Location for Airport. Good restaurant

Bad: parking 17 euro per day

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? One drink voucher for two persons.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value, will return for airport, but there are some many other hotels to stay at as well.

fransknorge May 18, 2016 9:30 am

- Name of the hotel: McGallery Continental Zurich

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Single City Chalet, received King City Chalet

- How are the rooms? Excellent with comfortable bed, large shower cubicle. The atmosphere and decor tries to emulate a Swiss chalet with some success.

Good:
Hotel location is great, nice style, professional staff

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink given, valid for soft drink, beer or wine.
The room had a Nespreso machine, one bottle of fizzy water for free + a chocolate on my bed every evening.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? It was somewhat expensive although in line with Zurich price. I would definitely return.

Juvita May 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Mercure Cikini @ Jakarta Indonesia

Name of the hotel: Mercure Cikini Jakarta Indonesia

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior , Room was not upgraded as only have 1 type of superior room at that Time. Welcome amenity of some local sweets were presented in the room with a personalized welcome by the GM

- How are the rooms?
This is a new hotel so all is good, the room was clean and spotless. The bathroom has a shower, but no bathtub. There is a very small desk, close by TV Room was prepared with extra bed as per my requested. Staff are very attentive

Good:
Hotel location is great, nice style, professional staff

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink given, valid for soft drink,

The room had a Nespreso machine,

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I would definitely return.

Goldorak May 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Name of the hotel: Hotel Mondial Am Dom Cologne MGallery by Sofitel

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes and no. Yes because nothing went really wrong and the basics were all met. No, because of lack of upgrade and small rooms.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?
I booked 2 superior rooms, one booking under my name (single occupancy in each room) for one night. None of the rooms were upgraded.

- How are the rooms?
Classic (lowest category) and superior rooms (next category) are the same but superior rooms includes free mini-bar and Nespresso machine
The hotel is very well located downtown Cologne, literally at the foot of the cathedral. The staff was nice and professional. I looked on-line earlier before check-in and saw that upper room categories were available. We checked-in around 9pm. We had not eaten yet and I was truly exhausted because of long days at work + I was sick and so this stay was not a case for argument.
Two drink vouchers were given, which was nice (valid for soft drinks, beers, wines). No upgrade was mentioned (but overall, it is rarely mentioned even when they do). The rooms were definitely not upgraded. There were nothing wrong with them, except their size which are sub-standards IMO for a MGallery. I had some Ibis rooms larger than those. There was a small cabinet in which a ridiculous small TV was placed (why don't they simply place a normal size flat screen TV on the wall facing the bed ??)
As said, I didn't want to argue for the upgrade because was very tired and didn't want to be in an uncomfortable situation with my colleague in case we had to choose which room to upgrade, and it was just for one night. So we kept everything as it was.

Good:
- location in town
- Nice staff
- All basics are met (cleanliness, comfortable bed, no noise from inside/outside)
- One of the rare hotel in Germany (and Austria) where you have a double duvet when you sleep in a double bed !!! I will never understand this "Germanic habit" of those individual duvets on double beds (I truly dislike this). If some German/Austrian FTers on this forum can explain me why this is so common practice, thank you ! So, at least, it was not the case in this hotel.
- fruit platter in room
- Good restaurant
Bad:
- room size (for classic and superior rooms)
- Lack of upgrade
- The slowest lifts on earth can be found in this hotel

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
No lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :
See above.
- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Probably not, unless I can have the upper room categories at a decent price. But, the lack of upgrade, despite availability makes me think platinum treatment is not at its best in this hotel. Having tried also the Pullman, the Plat treatment is much better at the Pullman where rooms are OK but not to the level you could expect in this brand. Overall in Cologne, after having tried the 2 highest tier Accor hotels, I can unfortunately conclude that Accor is lagging behind competition. Indeed, I stayed also at the Marriott and the rooms were far superior to the Pullman and MGallery (for a similar price).

ContinentalVoyager7 May 24, 2016 7:45 am

ibis London Blackfriars

- Name of the hotel: ibis London Blackfriars

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Generally a good stay. First time staying at an ibis. Only tried ibis styles otherwise.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?: Standard double room

- How are the rooms?: Small, clean but very functional. Expected from an ibis at least.

Good:
Staff were friendly. Location was great too.

Bad:
No welcome drink voucher. Room views were not good as it overlooked a air-con exhaust so very noisy if you want to sleep with window open since temperature outside was single digit.

N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Did not give or forgot to give.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: Location was great, for what I paid, would come back. But would love to to the Novotel next door.

ContinentalVoyager7 May 24, 2016 7:48 am

Mercure Paris Alesia

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Paris Alesia

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Good stay. Room was big by Paris standards.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?: Book standard double room, upgraded to privilege room :)

- How are the rooms?: Fairly large for Paris standards. I expected a small room tbh.

Good:
Staff were friendly. Room were big. Location in-front of Metro.

Bad:
On the edge of city.

N/A

Normal gold privileges. Wines, soft drinks, juices

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: Yes if I needed to be in that area.

ContinentalVoyager7 May 24, 2016 7:56 am

Mercure Lourdes Impérial

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Lourdes Impérial

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Good stay. Although an old hotel, it was recently refurbished. Room keys however were old style and used the "real' keys. No card keys here.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?: Book standard double room. No upgrade given due to occupancy, however received courtesy points as they couldn't upgrade. (How nice of them)

- How are the rooms?: Abit on the small side. But generally a nice rooms for such an old hotel. Views were great though, overlooking the river.

Good:
Staff were friendly.Location near the Grotto and river. Loads of restaurants near by.

Bad:
Old hotel

N/A

Apparently I was offered anything on the menu, so I went with Champagne

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: Yes, great vaule for location.

ContinentalVoyager7 May 24, 2016 8:01 am

Mercure Paris Opera Grands Boulevards

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Paris Opera Grands Boulevards

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Great stay. Friendly staff, good location with so many restaurants near by.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?: Book standard double room, upgraded to privilege room. Privilege rooms here are HUGE for Paris standards.

- How are the rooms?: Huge for Paris standards. With all the normal privileges a privilege room gets. Etc. complimentary minibar, coffee, upgraded bathroom amenities.

Good:
Staff were so helpful and friendly. Room was huge, location was great with access to many restaurants.

Bad:
Nothing to be honest.

N/A

Normal Gold privileges with wines, beers, soft drinks and juices

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: Yes, great value, great rooms and staff.

ContinentalVoyager7 May 24, 2016 8:10 am

Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris Roissy CDG Airport

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?: Fabulous stay. Certainly the highlight of all our hotel stays in terms of service and rooms.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?: Book Classic rooms, upgraded to superior rooms.

- How are the rooms?: Fantastic. Well appointed with a large work desk looking at the runway. Bathroom was big with a different type of C.O.Bigelow amenities ( I have never seen these ones before)

Good:
-Staff were great and friendly
-Room was well appointed
-Location was next to RER station and CDGRail.
-They have a Swimming Pool (^^^^^) Sauna, Steam room and huge gym.

Bad:
Nothing to be honest.

N/A

Cocktails, Wines, Beers, Soft drinks and Juices

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: Yes, great value would book the hotel again.

FGunawan May 25, 2016 2:35 am

(Grand) Mercure Oakridge Wanaka, New Zealand

- Name of the hotel:
(Grand) Mercure Oakridge Wanaka
(Most websites call it Mercure, a few others and signs at the hotel say Grand Mercure - transitional period?)

Platinum

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Stayed at 1-Bedroom Apartment

- How are the rooms?
Very spacious apartment style, but bad view out of the window. Nice big bathtub, washing and dryer machines in the bathroom.

Good:
* Spacious apartment, well equipped kitchen with utensils
* Nice bathtub, although shower over it is a bit awkward
* Washing machine and dryer are very useful in the middle of our South Island road trip. Detergent provided by the machines.
* Heated pool looks nice, but we didn't get to make use of it

Bad:
* Location might be trying unless you come by a car (which we did - 5-6 mins ride from the center of town)

No executive lounge

A coupon for welcome drinks was provided but we did not use it

I liked it but my friend did not. Not sure whether we'd return :)

FGunawan May 25, 2016 2:56 am

- Name of the hotel:
Hotel St Moritz Queenstown - MGallery

Platinum

Yes

Stayed at the One Bedroom Alpine Suite, 1 King Size Bed, Lake View

- How are the rooms?
The room feels old-fashioned but nice and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the lake.

Good:
* Spacious one bedroom apartment
* Well equipped kitchen with utensils. Washing machine under the counter, but no dryer.
* Nice bathroom, with lovely Molton Brown toiletries. Never saw these at any other Accor properties.
* For South Island standards, good breakfast spread (although by Indonesian standards, selection feels limited). Anyway it's the best hotel breakfast we had in our South Island road trip.
* Nice welcome gift of a regular 75 cl bottle of local (Otago) red wine
* Nice outdoor hot tub, although it's a pity view to the lake was (intentionally?) obstructed by shrubs

Bad:
* NZ$ 20 nightly parking fee came as a surprise because the other places we stayed at didn't impose parking fee
* Elevators make clunky sounds, one worse than the other

No executive lounge

* A voucher for 2 welcome drinks was handed to us during check-in, which we didn't use
* There's a container of flavored tea just by reception, with glasses right by it. We helped ourselves to the drink which was quite nice.

It was booked during the 3=2 sale period, so it was good value. We might return, although we might also check out the Sofitel.

ringingup May 25, 2016 7:00 am

MGallery Burdigala, Bordeaux

- Name of the hotel: MGallery Burdigala, Bordeaux

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not entirely

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic room, upgraded to Duplex Room. The following day I asked to be moved to another room due to the overpowering smell of sewage in the room. I was moved to a Junior Suite.

- How are the rooms? I did not like the duplex room. Nor the concept, nor the design. The sleeping area of the Junior Suite was better, but the living area was outdated and didn't match the rest of the design. We were shown a Superior room and this would be my favourite by far.

Good: The price I paid on one of the sales was good. Rooms are not bad. Good to have nespresso machines in the rooms.

Bad: Disgusting smell in room 550. Extremely loud noise in room 505 (junior suite) caused by the lift. Toiletries are average and quite feminine.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? In theory the welcome drink could've only been a soft drink, wine or beer. But we asked for an Aperol Spritz and we were given one. Welcome amenity was 4 Caneles, which we didn't like.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I wouldn't return. It's not too far from the centre, but it's barely a 5* and I'd rather stay at the Grand Hotel.

P.S. I complained about the issues encountered (smell in the first room and loud noise in the second) and asked for compensation of one night in points. As I paid 196 EUR per night, I asked for 10,000 points. I received a reply and the 10,000 points the same day.

FGunawan May 25, 2016 7:04 am

Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour

- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour

Platinum

Yes, although experiencing a bit bitter aftertaste now (see "Bad" section below)

Booked using Stay Plus certificate (Superior Room), upgraded to Luxury Room Internal Water View

- How are the rooms?
Room offers good space and nice view of the hotel building as well as other buildings surrounding the - Internal Water(?). Room fittings and decor are tasteful and very nice.

Good:
* Cozy hotel in a nice neighborhood
* Nice room with comfortable Sofitel MyBed, as one would expect
* The staff we came into contact with during the stay were generally nice
* Very good quality of food served at breakfast, although selection is rather limited

Bad:
* I inquired politely about missing points after the stay - didn't really know the policy about points/night credit using Stay Plus certificate. It's true I did ask from a couple channels: after LCAH customer service sent me off to Accor Plus, and Accor Plus never replied, I inquired through LCAH's FB page. This morning I saw in my account 54 points for "Courtesy Bonus". It felt very curt to me rather than courtesy to offer that measly, arbitrary amount of points. I would have appreciated much more no bonus and a polite explanation that Stay Plus nights are not eligible. I think it's not too much to ask. Anyway now I'm feeling a bad aftertaste.

No executive lounge

* A voucher of welcome drinks for 2 was presented upon check-in, good for local beer, local wine, or local sparkling wine. We had the NZ sparkling wine, which was nice.
* A plate of cheeses was waiting for us when we walked into our room.

It was a very good use of the Stay Plus certificate. Would consider returning.