FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1735799-please-post-your-le-club-elite-experiences-2016-master-thread.html)

FGunawan Feb 16, 2016 1:16 am

Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada

- Name of the hotel:
Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
For this my third stay here my Superior Room booking got an upgrade to Superior Suite. I had to wait 2 hours for it to be ready, but no regrets.

- How are the rooms?
Superior Suite is very generous in size and has an interesting design

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Very nice upgrade, affording ample space in the very dense Jakarta
* Nice location in the old downtown area, with easy access to transportation
* Very affordable, good quality food in the restaurant/for room service
* Nice gym, steam and sauna
* Nice staff who for the most part understand and honor LCAH program
* Very reasonable rates for all of these

Bad:
* Swimming pool is small-ish, but the area is nice for afternoon breeze

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes, it's a nice lounge offering afternoon tea only. On Sunday the lounge was closed and afternoon tea was served at the bar instead. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
* No welcome drink voucher, instead I was prompted to have it at the bar while waiting for the suite to be ready; a syrupy concoction. Another (same) welcome drink was waiting in the suite when I stepped in.
* A plate of fruits were waiting in the room.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
I like the place for a little mini-weekend break, just using its facilities. Will absolutely return, taking advantage of the weekly Weekend Rush or one of Accor sale promos.

nrouxel Feb 16, 2016 7:04 am

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Brussels Centre Midi

- What is your Le Club status? Platinium

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic room and got superior room

- How are the rooms? comfortable, clean and modern rooms.

Good: Everything !

Bad: nothing

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? got a drink voucher,a box of belgian chocolates and wine gums (!)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would certainly return.

Zana711 Feb 16, 2016 11:23 pm

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Oxford Eastgate

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked classic double room. On arrival, I was given a classic single room - reception didn't even realise until I went back down to reception to tell them. I was then upgraded to a privileged double room. The hotel was supposedly fully booked, so I wonder how they manage to upgrade me for the mistake - perhaps downgrade others?

- How are the rooms? Very nicely furnished room (way better than the typical Mercure!) and it looks like that it has been recently refurbished. Excellent amenities (for a Mercure) including bath robes, slippers, tea/coffee welcome tray, Nespresso machine, small fridge with some complimentary bottled water and non-alcoholic drinks etc.

Good:
- Staff corrected room allocation mistake quickly and efficiently. They did not make a fuss when I showed them my booking confirmation email that I did book for a double, not a single. Staff appeared to have had to swap out someone else who hasn't yet checked in, in order to give me the upgraded room which was appreciated
- Excellent location right in the heart of Oxford; good size rooms too!
- Very nicely furnished bar area on ground floor. There is also a Marco Pierre White restaurant attached to the hotel (good comfort food though it's more American Italian than Italian). For quick bites, the hotel will let you order off the restaurant menu and eat in the bar area's very comfortable couches instead.

Bad:
- Nothing to fault.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? got a drink voucher and a box of chocolates.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes! I got an insanely cheap £40 per night offer during the Black Friday sales but this rate is available throughout the year (if you're lucky) as part of the Happy Monday sales. Without the discount, this hotel would be about £150 - £200 a night - though somewhat standard if you want to stay in central Oxford, I would not pay £200 a night for this Mercure!

Castleford Tiger Feb 18, 2016 1:49 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Classic received Privilege with River view and small balcony

- How are the rooms? V Nice including Nespresso machine, complimentary mini-bar with bottled water, soft drinks and chocolate.

Good: Staff and room

Bad: Expensive car park. £15/night even after hotel discount

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Resonable value, only booked two days before. yes I would return.

Gringuito Feb 18, 2016 4:24 am

- Name of the hotel: Hotel Le Royal Lyon - MGallery Collection

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked SUPERIEURE VUE place Bellecour and checked 5 minutes before arriving if the upper category (JUNIOR SUITE ROTONDE) was still available to book and it was. At check-in the pretentious check-in staff said sorry, but no availability for upgrade. After showing him that the room is still available for booking he said: ok no problem. What a joke that you need to ask and beg for status recognition.

- How are the rooms? The room was excellent, view on Bellecour and on adjacent square.

Good: The room was lovely, the view was great, the restaurant excellent

Bad: Check-in staff. It is a hotel school and the training must be very poor.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? got a drink voucher for two glasses of champagne in their nice retro bar! as well as a box of local chocolates and a hand written welcome letter

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I got an excellent rate (around 120 EUR incl. breakfast) and would return, despite the bad check-in experience.

Goldorak Feb 18, 2016 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Gringuito (Post 26203928)
- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked SUPERIEURE VUE place Bellecour and checked 5 minutes before arriving if the upper category (JUNIOR SUITE ROTONDE) was still available to book and it was. At check-in the pretentious check-in staff said sorry, but no availability for upgrade. After showing him that the room is still available for booking he said: ok no problem. What a joke that you need to ask and beg for status recognition.

Again and again.
Un air de déjà vu...

Buaires Feb 18, 2016 11:25 am

- Name of the hotel: Royal Emeraude Hotel Dinard - MGallery Collection

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Absolutely.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room, and got no upgrade. I checked before if there was availability on upper Rooms but there wasn't. The hotel has only 40-50 rooms and I totally understand that it was fully booked on Valentine's week-end.

- How are the rooms? Every floor has a different atmosphere and got a room on the 1st Floor, which is "Cruise Ship". The room was well arranged with a fine decoration, wonderful bathroom and nice amenities.

Good:
- Had a really great check-in experience, great tips around the surroundings (especially restaurants). All information we needed were given to us, without asking.
- Amazing location, less than one minute to reach Dinard's beach.
- During check-in, we were asked if we wanted the "room service" when we leaving for dinner, which consists of arranging bed lines for sleep, closing shutters, changing bath towels if there were used for the hammam and a little sweet. When returning from our dinner, we found everything, plus a wonderful rose for Mrs. and two little pieces of cake. Wonderful.
- In-room breakfast was perfect, with local and fresh products, including an amazing selection of teas.

Bad:
- A welcome letter in the room would have been great. Not a big deal.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge

- Drink vouchers offered upon arrival, valid for everything but champagne. Got 2 signature Cocktails at the bar.
- Nice touch with the flower for Mrs.
- Late check-out granted at 2pm. We left at 2.30pm and got no problems about it.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Great value for money, I got a "Les Hivernales" rate, with breakfast included. This stay was partially booked on Accor Points. Would definitely return to this place when going back to Brittany / Normandy, as this area is simply astonishing.

cwl Feb 18, 2016 7:01 pm

- Name of the hotel: Novotel Cardiff Centre

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior room booked. Received Superior room. Although still selling Executive rooms at time of check in informed this was a mistake and the hotel was oversold.

- How are the rooms? Standard Novotel rooms.

Good: An above average Novotel, building a mix of converted old dock warehouse and new build which gives character. Rooms all in order.

Bad: Nothing much

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Slate with cake and one strawberry delivered to each of two rooms booked. One person drink voucher per room good for house wine, draught beer or soft drinks only.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? At £50 per night Super Sale rate good value.

cwl Feb 18, 2016 7:14 pm

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel London Heathrow

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Two Superior rooms booked. Received two Luxury rooms.

- How are the rooms? Rooms all in order, everything working.

Good: All Le Club benefits proactively offered.

Bad: Slow evening meal service which staff acknowledged without prompting leading to complimentary round of drinks being provided. 45 minute wait from order to food delivered to table.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes for all 4 guests. Small lounge offering self service drinks and snacks. No Lounge check in or concierge services. Drink choice is small but choice of 6 wines, bottled beers and spirits. Evening drinks with canopes 6 to 8 with drinks only continuing to 10pm. Tea, coffees and soft drinks available from early until 11pm.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Bar of chocolate in room. 4 drinks vouchers for house wine, beer or soft drink in main bar only. All guests receive free low speed WIFI, as Platinum granted free unlimited high speed WIFI access, normally charged at £15 per day.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Booked as Sale rate inc breakfast for £120 per room per night which for this hotel is excellent value. This hotel consistently offers the full range of Le Club benefits without prompting.

cwl Feb 18, 2016 7:36 pm

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Los Angeles in Beverley Hills

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes overall

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Luxury room booked with Beverley Centre View. Received Luxury room with Hollywood Hills view. Upgrade confirmed by email from hotel 24 hours before checkin.

- How are the rooms? Rooms not that large, no bath only shower. Bathrooms are ok but not as luxurious as many Sofitel Hotels.

Good: Comfortable rooms.

Convenient for Beverley Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica etc.

Staff helpful and eager to please.

Bad: Immediate surrounding streets are mixed with some less than salubrious areas nearby.

Soundproofing between room is fine but very poor through the room door, can clearly hear every door opening and closing and conversations of other guests in corridors.

Valet parking service variable. Couldn't find my car one day and I had to describe it to staff (despite giving my valet ticket reference), took 20 minutes for them to find it.

- Did you get club lounge access? None

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? 2 person welcome drink for main bar good for champagne or cocktails. Welcome amenity 2 small doughnuts and a bottle of water.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? For the price next time I would look at other options, nothing specifically wrong with the hotel but nothing making it standout either. Fairmont Santa Monica joining Accor will hopefully offer choice with Le Club benefits in the near future. Value for money in keeping with the area.

craigc Feb 19, 2016 5:01 am

- Name of the hotel: MGallery - Hotel AM Konzerthaus - Vienna

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes overall

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior room booked - upgrade on arrival to Deluxe on arrival.

- How are the rooms? Spacious well looked after and upgrade gaveme a great view.

Good: Comfortable rooms. Good sized
Staff helpful

Bad: Aircon was not too powerful. Bathroom shower was not great but acceptable.

- Did you get club lounge access? N/A

Received 1 welcome drink, a free wifi hotspot for 24hours (really useful!), chocolate and free bag of coffee in my room!

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would return yes.

craigc Feb 20, 2016 6:24 am

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes very much so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Superior room booked - upgrade on arrival to Luxury (higher floor) on arrival.

- How are the rooms? Large room, cool modern design, well looked after and upgrade gave a great view.

Good: Comfortable rooms. Good sized, Huge Sofitel mybed, Free minibar (soft drinks), Staff helpful and polite

Bad: None

- Did you get club lounge access? N/A

Received 1 welcome drink, a free wifi hotspot for 24hours (as per my last stay at mgallery this is really useful!), macaroons and fruit salad delivered to room after 1 hour.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Would return yes for sure!

wkndtraveler Feb 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Beach Resort

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked an entry level room and received an upgrade to one of their bedroom villas (eight level upgrade). The upgrade was confirmed by GM already before arrival after an unpleasant reservation experience (see more below).

How was the villa?
Beautiful decoration, large in size (88 sqm), peaceful and very private feeling. The villa had separated bedroom with a king-size bed and living room with sofa and armchair. Bathroom had walk-in rain shower, bathtub and garden shower outside. Garden included a small plunge pool and jacuzzi. Lots of Hermes bath amenities – and I mean a lot, three sets – were replaced daily! One set consisted of shampoo, hair conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, plus one big and one small bar soap. Also, shaving kits, tooth brushes and six bottles of water were added every single day. A butler service was available, too. Maybe the coolest feature was heated toilet seat with different kind of programs to choose from. :)

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Excellent service everywhere and especially in the lounge
- Welcomed by name almost every time when entering the lounge, no need to tell the room number to anyone
- Superb platinum recognition
- Capsule coffee and in-room breakfast are complimentary for suite and villa guests
- Huge pool
- Private beach

Bad:
- The resort is a bit isolated: it’s always required to take taxi if one wants to go somewhere else than hotel’s pool, beach or restaurants.
- Booking experience: Booked a family package (to my partner and myself, we don’t have kids) for six nights. The package included selected room, lounge access, breakfast, return airport transportation, 2 x buffet dinner for two adults (and for two kids for those who have), and 50% discount in spa. Booking confirmation stated that the rate is fully flexible and payment is at the hotel. A few days after the booking, our travel plans changed. Because it isn’t possible to modify any bookings online, I had to cancel the reservation. Before I manage to make a new reservation, I received an aggressive email from a sales manager of the hotel telling me that the package I had just canceled is neither changeable nor cancelable. He added the hotel will now charge my credit according to terms and conditions of the booking. I then checked my credit card details online – and yes, they indeed charged the whole amount immediately: around 1200 euros! I complained and emailed screenshots from hotel’s own website. The manager claimed there is wrong information on the web. Well, that’s not my problem. I demanded them to honor published T&Cs. After a long email conversations, the manager decided to make a refund to my credit card and I made new booking for new dates with the family package. I requested to talk with the GM. Later on, GM called me and apologized their mistake and offered to upgrade us to one of their one bedroom villas. I was very satisfied with the suggestion and all parts were now happy.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Stylish with sweet staff but very limited food offerings for both breakfast and cocktail hours. Tea time was the best. We enjoyed it sometimes at lounge's private pool wearing bathrobes.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
- Fruit juice as a welcome drink in the lounge
- Two drink vouchers, good for beer (local and international) or soft drinks
- Personalized welcome letter signed by GM
- A bottle of water, three chocolate pralines, one chocolate macaron and welcome card as a welcome gift were waiting for us in our villa
- Both early check-in and late check-out were available
- Strawberry and white chocolate cake plus a bottle of red wine were brought to our villa after the lounge supervisor got to know we were there to celebrate our 7th anniversary

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Would certainly stay here if visiting Bali again.

1nfrequent Feb 24, 2016 3:27 pm

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Bloomsbury

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard double, upgraded to a superior room

- How are the rooms? Room was perfectly acceptable - a bit small but comfortable. The room came with a Nespresso machine, in room safe and complementary water.

Good:
Friendly and helpful reception staff, and good status recognition (drinks voucher and room upgrade was processed before I arrived).

Bad: The matress was a little on the soft side and the bathroom was very small and pokey. There was also some noise from outside in the morning.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drinks voucher and room upgrade processed and waiting on arrival, without having to ask.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? To be honest, it depends on the price. If the double comes out cheaper than the Ibis, then it's worth staying here because of the potential upgrade.

1F

Castleford Tiger Mar 1, 2016 10:42 am

- Name of the hotel: Mercure Dusseldorf Zentum

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?Booked Standard, received Privilege

- How are the rooms? Large, modern

Good:Great staff and breakfast,

Bad: Not very 'Zentrum'

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? NA

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Drink voucher, free minbar with softdrinks, robe and slippers

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Good value and yes I will return