Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Just passed by it. Sofitel signs are on the front walls; but it seems very far from reopening. This is the entrance (sorry for the super bad quality of the picture)
They certainly take their time. Odd given that the Fairmont went broke and this one is forever being renovated.
Goldorak, hotel_user and Arpoador like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Just passed by it. Sofitel signs are on the front walls; but it seems very far from reopening. This is the entrance (sorry for the super bad quality of the picture)

Booking is open from 21st of october. They will have to hurry to finish the work.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by nrouxel
Booking is open from 21st of october. They will have to hurry to finish the work.
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean much. I had a confirmed booking in July 2022. However, the hotel hadn't opened by then and I ended up staying at the nearby Novotel. They were still changing the windows in July and the Pullman logo was still everywhere. Then it was supposed to open on 1 September, now it's 21 October... I wouldn't count on it opening this year.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I could be wrong, but from what I saw from outside, I don't see how they could open in 3 weeks.
nrouxel likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:56 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Stayed here last Sunday for a day. It is now a fully-branded Sofitel so perhaps this thread name can be updated?

I had applied a SNA to a Junior Suite with Sea View and that is what I got. Was going for about 490€ and I got it for 390€. Not the best value for money though. IF I'd go back I'd book a cheaper room. Really wanted a sea view, but also a balcony - which my suite didn't have (and I had overlooked the room details when booking). Not a biggie for such a short stay though. The suite itself was quite elegant. Welcome amenity consisted of some Catalunan cookies, some small pastries and fruit. I was also offered a bottle of cava but as I was not intending to drink I gave that back.

Ordered a seafood paella to my room from the Tendiez restaurant - it was ok but a little disappointing - had much better paellas in Spain.

Breakfast was decent/good. Did get it charged though which is a first as a Limitless member. For the parking too. It does seem there were absolutely zero benefits to being a Limitless members here and likely I'd have gotten the same treatment as a base Accor member. Perhaps also that is what they thought as the lady who checked me in thanked me for being an Accor member.

All in all, it was an ok stay but I did enjoy my stay more at the Hotel Arts (Ritz Carlton/Marriott) more a year ago.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 4:48 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Review

A quick review following a stay at Sofitel Barcelona. I found the hotel OK, a bit overpriced as there were quite a few annoying issues.

I booked a luxury room with a garden view and received the same but with a sea view. The only difference is that the sea view rooms are on higher floors. Both are facing the pool area.

I arrived late and got in to my room quickly. A turndown service had already been done and a welcome gift, three apples, was waiting in the room. Speaking of which, one would think the hotel could be more creative with it. Apples are also available in the gym. Okay, there were also a few local biscuits and almonds.

The room itself was lovely and the balcony was very nice even in February. Bathroom was spacious and had two sinks and Diptyque bath amenities.

According to previous reports, rooms facing the street are noisy. Be aware that the pool side rooms can also be noisy as the hotel restaurant has a terrace next to the pool and is open late.

Breakfast was a nice mix of French and Spanish delicacies. The breakfast venue has a porch that was closed for the winter season but the staff were kind enough to let us sit there. The service was very good everywhere in the hotel expect at the bar (more on that later.)

There are two swimming pools at the hotel. In addition to the ground floor, there is another on the roof and is heated.

I found the location to be perfect for leisure. It only took 15 minutes from the airport by taxi and the city center could be reached in 15–20 minutes by metro or in 30–40 minutes by foot. Barceloneta’s beach is across the street.

Housekeeping was effective but inconsistent: they were forgetting things such refilling the empty shower gel dispenser, replacing used towels and adding decaffeinated capsules when I requested just normal coffee. One towel had blood stains and bathrobe had holes. Naturally, everything was corrected after a reminder but is annoying and shouldn’t happen.

Despite being a resort, Sofitel Barcelona felt a business hotel in my opinion and was a bit boring. I stayed over the Valentine’s Day and the hotel put zero effort to it.

On the last night I tried to use my welcome drink voucher. I sat at the terrace and I was forgotten there. The drink list and bar menu were brought after a request and I had to go inside to place my order. It took them almost an hour to serve a glass of wine and some snacks. Plus, they tried to charge for the wine.

The voucher could only be used for non-alcoholic drinks or wines that cost max 12 euros. The room rate was almost 400 euros per night in low season.

Luxury room

Luxury room

Bathroom

View from the balcony

Main pool

Rooftop pool

Breakfast

Bloody towel

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Feb 17, 2024 at 4:58 am
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
A quick review following a stay at Sofitel Barcelona. I found the hotel OK, a bit overpriced as there were quite a few annoying issues.

I booked a luxury room with a garden view and received the same but with a sea view. The only difference is that the sea view rooms are on higher floors. Both are facing the pool area.

I arrived late and got in to my room quickly. A turndown service had already been done and a welcome gift, three apples, was waiting in the room. Speaking of which, one would think the hotel could be more creative with it. Apples are also available in the gym. Okay, there were also a few local biscuits and almonds.

The room itself was lovely and the balcony was very nice even in February. Bathroom was spacious and had two sinks and Diptyque bath amenities.

According to previous reports, rooms facing the street are noisy. Be aware that the pool side rooms can also be noisy as the hotel restaurant has a terrace next to the pool and is open late.

Breakfast was a nice mix of French and Spanish delicacies. The breakfast venue has a porch that was closed for the winter season but the staff were kind enough to let us sit there. The service was very good everywhere in the hotel expect at the bar (more on that later.)

There are two swimming pools at the hotel. In addition to the ground floor, there is another on the roof and is heated.

I found the location to be perfect for leisure. It only took 15 minutes from the airport by taxi and the city center could be reached in 15–20 minutes by metro or in 30–40 minutes by foot. Barceloneta’s beach is across the street.

Housekeeping was effective but inconsistent: they were forgetting things such refilling the empty shower gel dispenser, replacing used towels and adding decaffeinated capsules when I requested just normal coffee. One towel had blood stains and bathrobe had holes. Naturally, everything was corrected after a reminder but is annoying and shouldn’t happen.

Despite being a resort, Sofitel Barcelona felt a business hotel in my opinion and was a bit boring. I stayed over the Valentine’s Day and the hotel put zero effort to it.

On the last night I tried to use my welcome drink voucher. I sat at the terrace and I was forgotten there. The drink list and bar menu were brought after a request and I had to go inside to place my order. It took them almost an hour to serve a glass of wine and some snacks. Plus, they tried to charge for the wine.

The voucher could only be used for non-alcoholic drinks or wines that cost max 12 euros. The room rate was almost 400 euros per night in low season.

Luxury room

Luxury room

Bathroom

View from the balcony

Main pool

Rooftop pool

Breakfast

Bloody towel
The whole drinks voucher uncertainty is getting worse. Is it really worth upsetting the guest for something at cost price that would have been about 1 euro. I recall at several previous stays with Sofitel, I could have chosen a 20 euro cocktail, again this would not have cost them much when paying 400 euro a night. Accor need to sort this ASAP, as it’s causing such bad feeling!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Thanks for the review. This has always been a pleasant but pricey hotel and it seems it's even worse after the renovation and rebranding. Do you believe they have improved the soundproofing issue with the renovation ?
Rooms look much nicer than before.
I have not stayed there since the reopening. Hope to try it one of those days.

Originally Posted by sdm1985
The whole drinks voucher uncertainty is getting worse. Is it really worth upsetting the guest for something at cost price that would have been about 1 euro. I recall at several previous stays with Sofitel, I could have chosen a 20 euro cocktail, again this would not have cost them much when paying 400 euro a night. Accor need to sort this ASAP, as it’s causing such bad feeling!
Totally agree. The drink voucher cheapskate is really becoming scandalous in many hotels when you see the rates they are charging. Come on, at 400+/night in february, they won't bite the dust to give you a glass of wine .
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 3:56 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Thanks for the review. This has always been a pleasant but pricey hotel and it seems it's even worse after the renovation and rebranding. Do you believe they have improved the soundproofing issue with the renovation ?
Rooms look much nicer than before.
I have not stayed there since the reopening. Hope to try it one of those days.
I don’t think they have improved the soundproofing, unfortunately. I could hear people talking in the hallway, a dog barking in the next room and some guests having fun at the restaurant terrace when the balcony door was closed.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the main changes made during the renovation? Were the guest rooms redone?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:08 am

I don’t think they have improved the soundproofing, unfortunately. I could hear people talking in the hallway, a dog barking in the next room and some guests having fun at the restaurant terrace when the balcony door was closed.
That's part of the special "Barcelona Experience" pack. Makes you feel like you're a resident of this city...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.