Search

Accor properties in Avignon

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 10:51 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Accor properties in Avignon

I'd be grateful for any recent reports on stays at Accor properties in Avignon (although my stay won't be until 2016).

I've only been able to find this 2012 report on a stay at the Novotel. I would hope they've made at least some progress on recognising status... The Mercure tends to be more expensive, at least for the dates I've checked. Is that just because of its location?

Last edited by IMH; Jun 30, 2016 at 5:37 am Reason: fixed link
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:52 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We spent a week at the Mercure Avignon Centre Palais des Papes earlier this month. There's nothing about the hotel that would justify a full review, but it's a solid property in a terrific location and we'd happily book it again.

I was expecting the hotel to be full, because of a conference at the Palais, so booked a "Privilege" room rather than hoping for an upgrade. Platinum status is probably the reason we got allocated the room on the highest floor of the older 'wing' of the hotel, complete with two pairs of full length opening windows overlooking the Place de l'Horloge. ^ The fridge was large enough for a couple of bottles of wine and some basic supplies.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: ALL Platinum, Hilton Gold, British Airways
Novotel Avignon Centre

Stayed last summer (2015) in the Novotel Avignon Centre which was a nice, albeit standard Novotel close to the train station and across the road from the 'old town' (the walled city). It has a car park and a small outdoor pool with seating/loungers around it - we didn't use it, it was always very busy.

There is lots to see and do in Avignon and surrounding areas, so a car is useful (didn't use the trains so not sure about services/destinations).

Despite having a Platinum Le Club Accor card, there was no recognition of that apart from 1 x drinks voucher. It is a modern hotel with reasonable sized rooms. Breakfast was a busy affair often running short of many items. Didn't have dinner there as there are plenty of fantastic places to eat in the old city 5-10 minutes walk away.

It was an OK/good stay, pity there isn't an MGallery or similar!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
Novotol Avignon Centre is wonderfully located as a base 250m from the regional train station, which in turn is beside the main bus station.

I e-mailed them that a couple of days before I checked in (but would transit through Avignon), I wanted to get off a train, leave my large suitcase with reception quickly, then run to catch a bus. They immediately replied this is no problem.

I e-mailed stating the rough time I would be arriving and requested that the specific shift be advised so I would not have to explain everything. They replied a message was left for the specific shift.

I walked off the train, walked into Novotel, and handed my suitcase to reception who said there was in fact a message left about this. I ran off and caught the bus with 5 minutes to spare.

(The specific person concerned was P. M.[edited to protect privacy] from the morning shift, who asked me if I would catch her shift or if she should brief the next person.)

Novotel also e-mailed they received a package for me and would put it in my room on my day of check in.

It was so efficient I forgot to use the toilet while there.

I wanted to get down on my knees, raise my arms towards the heavens, and sing alleluia.

A European Accor property that operates at APAC responsiveness, it’s actually possible!!!
IMH likes this.

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 9, 2024 at 12:05 am Reason: staff name edited to protect privacy
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer
My Accor ALL mobile phone app shows Novotel Avignon Center as a resort 4-star hotel.

How is this possible and what does this mean? It’s a mid range business hotel beside the train station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.