Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

3 Nagas Luang Prabang MGallery by Sofitel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Hi!

I'm planning a trip to Luang Prabang (Laos) and found two hotels that are "managed by Accor", but are not actually an Accor brand (e.g. "3 Nagas Luang Prabang"). Does anyone know if these hotels offer any benefits for Platinum members or do they not participate in the Le Club programme?
Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:52 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I suggest that you send them an email. In some cases "Managed by Accor" is a temporary term for a hotel that has recently been bought over and are being re-branded. In other cases it simply doesnt fit into any "category". Bothe the hotels in LP will be undergoing renovations and will be re-branded by the end of this year.

The 3 Nagas LP was recently taken over and has not yet started renovations I believe.
With so few rooms I also doubt there will be much of an upgrade.
Emails: [email protected]

Hotel de la Paix; Here too a hotel with very few rooms. Renovations here have also not yet started. It will become a Sofitel.
Email: [email protected]

Both Hotels have the same "cluster" GM: Pablo Barruti ([email protected]). I suggest you address the email to him.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I indeed learned recently about those 2 hotels in LP being taken over by Accor. I've been before at the 3 Nagas and it's a nice boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant. It is already bookable. IIRC, they had different kind of rooms, so upgrades are possible in theory. But it's a small hotel anyway.

For the hotel de la paix, it was not bookable when I tried a dummy booking 2 weeks ago. It seems that there are only suites in this hotel.

Very good that Accor is having (nice) locations in Luang Prabang ^
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for your answers! They are really helpful!
Old May 13, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Do you currently get Accor points from stays at Hotel de la Paix?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Likewise, I would like to know if these (in particular 3 nagas) will give points, and participate in promos for accor bonuses etc. I have booked a 2 night stay I would like to include as part of the 200 Euros promotion for May bookings. Does anyone know?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by justin1123
Likewise, I would like to know if these (in particular 3 nagas) will give points, and participate in promos for accor bonuses etc. I have booked a 2 night stay I would like to include as part of the 200 Euros promotion for May bookings. Does anyone know?
Be careful. I stayed at 3 Nagas Luang Prabang a year ago and did not receive Accor credit. Maybe things have changed now, but I agree with the recommendation that you email them first.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Be careful. I stayed at 3 Nagas Luang Prabang a year ago and did not receive Accor credit. Maybe things have changed now, but I agree with the recommendation that you email them first.
But was the hotel already managed by Accor a year ago ?
I might be wrong but I don't think so.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
But was the hotel already managed by Accor a year ago ?
I might be wrong but I don't think so.
Yes.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I was in Luang Prabang those last days and I booked at 3 Nagas (4 nights) as I had a very good souvenir of my previous stay there about 4 years ago (so not Accor at that time) and also because the Sofitel (ex-hotel de la paix) was quite pricey ! But after the 1st night, the hotel proposed me to move to the Sofitel after having seen the proposed room there. And I did not hesitate long
I will post full reviews here shortly (with pictures ) for both properties. But I can already tell you that the Sofitel is top notch !!! A heaven

Both properties are managed by the same GM and operate jointly (you can even charge your room at Sofitel if you have a meal at 3 Nagas for instance). The 2 hotels are now fully integrated into Accor network (3 Nagas is MGallery - managed by Sofitel, and the Hotel de la paix is now Sofitel Luang Prabang. The name Hotel de la paix does not appear anymore but the tuk tuk drivers still know the hotel by its former name and not Sofitel). The stays were not absolutely perfect (you know me ), but almost.

So I will try to work ASAP on my full reviews

Last edited by Goldorak; Mar 1, 2016 at 5:29 am
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
So I will try to work ASAP on my full reviews
Looking forward to it ^
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
But after the 1st night, the hotel proposed me to move to the Sofitel after having seen the proposed room there. And I did not hesitate long
Wow what happen?

I guess Sofitel LP will be a good place to utilize the complimentary night.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lingua101
Wow what happen?
Nothing happened. There were a few things I was not completely satisfied of at 3 Nagas, but I didn't have time to raise them before a manager literally jumped on me at breakfast to propose me to move to the Sofitel
Everything will be disclosed in the coming full reviews
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Welcome to the beautiful town of Luang Prabang, Laos.

Here are my promised reviews. Accor is now running 2 small hotels in LP :
- Hotel 3 nagas
- Sofitel Luang Prabang

The 2 hotels share the same management team. As I said previously, I had booked originally the 3 Nagas hotel for 4 nights and was proposed to move to the Sofitel after the 1st night.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Review Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang (MGallery managed by Sofitel)

3 Nagas Luang Prabang Managed By Accor

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Ban Vatnong, Sakkaline Road Luang Prabang, LA

Review Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang (MGallery managed by Sofitel) (20 Photos)

This boutique hotel has 15 rooms and operates under the brand MGallery managed by Sofitel. It is located in the heart of LP, on both sides of main street (3 small old historical houses). I had already stayed there 4 or 5 years ago (so was not Accor at that time) and had a very enjoyable stay and so I was very much looking forward for my new stay. The hotel has one of the best restaurant in town. It is important to realize that this hotel is located in old historical houses and so there are a few inconvenients like relatively poor soundproofing, but despite this, it is a lovely place to stay.

Check In

I had booked a Deluxe room – king bed. The room description said The 35 sq.m. (377 sq.ft.) Deluxe room combines space and comfort in elegant surroundings. Located on the upper floor, the room has a distinctive character and features a Double bed, exquisite bathroom, living area and terrace..

There is no real reception/front desk in this hotel. Check-in desk is located outside on the restaurant terrace (see 7th picture above). Check-in was nothing special. I mean nothing bad but nothing great either. It was not really a very warm welcome and I didn’t feel like being in an Accor property (not a word about Le Club, etc). But, this is really subjective because, again, there was nothing really wrong. The drink voucher was not spontaneously given (I asked for it). I wasn’t really expecting any upgrade in such a small hotel (and I was not remembering what I booked TBH).

Room

He bring me to my room and had the (good) surprise to be given the same room as the one I had last time, located on the ground floor. I recognized the room immediately. It is not huge but enough space with the bed and a sofa and a pleasant little terrace. But some furnitures of the room were starting to show some clear signs of aging. Also, on the room wall, there were 4 holes corresponding to something that was fixed on the wall and removed. But the holes were still there and they didn’t care to fill them and repaint. No big deal maybe but the room rate was $160/night and this was booked during a 40% off promo, so this hotel is not cheap at all, especially for Laos standards, and so you expect a certain level of maintenance and amenities.

There was a nice plate of fruits and cakes, cold teas and a kind welcome note from a French person in charge of F&B.

The little terrace and hotel backyard:

But what made me upset is the bathroom and I did notice the problems only just before going to bed, so not at a time to complain and eventually change room. The toilet seat was in an unacceptable condition (see picture). I want to precise that it was a very cheap model (light plastic) which costs nothing even in my expensive country, France, so in Laos, it should be even cheaper. And, as you can see on the pictures, this was likely not recent and so it is more unaceptable that it is the customer who must bring those problems to the attention of the staff.

Also, some unpleasant dirty staining on the wall behind the toilets.

It would have been already unacceptable in an Ibis, but even more in a MGallery charging 160-250$/night.

Service

So I was not fully satisfied. And back to the room description copied above, I realized that they didn’t give me the room I booked (I don’t think mine was 35 sqm2 and it was not on the right floor) and you will appreciate the exquisite bathroom!!

The following morning, I wanted to speak after breakfast to a manager about those issues but, during breakfast, I was greeted by a very nice staff member who thanked me for my loyalty being a Platinum member and proposed me, if I wish, to move to the Sofitel. He said that a car would come as soon as I want to go to the Sofitel to see the hotel and the room and if I’m happy with it I can move there. I said OK and I mentioned the room issues and bring him to the room to show him. When we arrived at the room door, he had a kind of reaction like oh you’re in this room? and I really felt like OK, he knows what I will show him. I refrain to ask why they put a Platinum member in this room if they know that there are some things to fix in…

He apologized and acknowledged it was not acceptable and he told me that this room was scheduled for renovation very soon.

Then the car arrived and I went to the Sofitel and just loved the hotel and the room and so didn’t hesitate a second to move there. I will finish this 3 Nagas review by saying that globally the staff was nice and the restaurant is still as excellent as it was before. Even if you stay at the Sofitel, you can take a meal at 3 Nagas and charge your room at Sofitel.

Review Hotel 3 Nagas Luang Prabang (MGallery managed by Sofitel)

Would you like to write a review on the 3 Nagas Luang Prabang Managed By Accor?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.