Pullman Sydney

Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Pullman Sydney

I know Sofitel benefits are not available to Platinum members in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. However has anyone stayed at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park which, until fairly recently, was a Marriott hotel - since when it has been refurbished and has a "Club Floor"?

I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One, NZ*S, Koru, Accor Le Club Plus Platinum, BW Diamond, Marriott GOLD
Originally Posted by fbrj
I know Sofitel benefits are not available to Platinum members in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. However has anyone stayed at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park which, until fairly recently, was a Marriott hotel - since when it has been refurbished and has a "Club Floor"?

Hi,

It looks that they have in offer access to the executive lounge - from the executive rooms' description. It means, that there is a lounge and you as a Platinum Member will get a free access to it. It should happen without any request. However, if you have any doubts, email the hotel, mention your reservation and status and ask them to reassure you that the executive lounge access will be loaded on your keys.

Cheers,

Jacek
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Yes, you will get full platinum benefits inc the club lounge on the 21st floor.

This is an excellent property, I stay there regularly, in fact checked out this morning. IMHO, better than Sofitel and given the platinum perks such as the excellent club lounge and upgrades provides great value for platinums.

The lounge service is abundant both morning and evening in respect of both food and drinks. In the morning, you can also elect to use the restaraunt instead of the lounge for breakfast which has a great spread much bigger than the lounge and maybe a bit better in that sense but not so private. You can also use both; have your main breakfast in the restaraunt and then head to the lounge for a coffee, relax and read the paper.

I really do give this property 10/10 it's great. Be sure to use the gym and pool on the roof!

(Excuse iPhone related typos!)

SSNZ
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond

Did you end up staying at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park? I'm considering a stay there in may and would love to hear about a recent experience (I'm a Platinum member too).

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: All Diamond
Originally Posted by ssnz

This is an excellent property, I stay there regularly, in fact checked out this morning. IMHO, better than Sofitel and given the platinum perks such as the excellent club lounge and upgrades provides great value for platinums.

The lounge service is abundant both morning and evening in respect of both food and drinks. In the morning, you can also elect to use the restaraunt instead of the lounge for breakfast which has a great spread much bigger than the lounge and maybe a bit better in that sense but not so private. You can also use both; have your main breakfast in the restaraunt and then head to the lounge for a coffee, relax and read the paper.

I really do give this property 10/10 it's great. Be sure to use the gym and pool on the roof!

SSNZ
Are the benefits received for one person or 2 please ?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Sofitel Sydney is indeed not an extraordinary property (rooms without charm and not huge, poor view, central but boring location).

Club lounge is pleasant though (and yes not a platinum benefit at this property).
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by sycokid
Are the benefits received for one person or 2 please ?
2 people as long as the room is booked for 2... so both get into the lounge, you get 2 x breakfast (in the lounge or the main restaurant, your choice) and 2 x drink vouchers (for platinum, not sure about gold...)

Last edited by M@rcoPolo; Mar 22, 2015 at 5:47 am Reason: grammar
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
2 people as long as the room is booked for 2... so both get into the lounge, you get 2 x breakfast (in the lounge or the main restaurant, your choice) and 2 x drink vouchers (for platinum, not sure about gold...)
Thanks for that.^ Got a night booked at Mercure King George Square this weekend in Brisbane so hopefully should experience Platinum benefits for the first time as it shares Lounge with Pullman apparently
Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:38 am
Original Poster

SSNZ
We have just returned from SYD and a 2 night stay at the Pullman Hyde Park as a Plat. I would echo everything you said; it was excellent. My Plat benefits were fully recognised and we got an upgrade from a Standard room to the Club Floor overlooking the park - we even had a bottle of wine and cheese and biscuits to greet us in our room. I booked during a recent promotion and the room cost around AUS$175/night!

Prior to that we spent 12 days at the Pullman Albert Park, MEL. Again all Plat benefits fully recognised on arrival. The main difference was a rather better and spacious lounge (although less good views), no spirits available in the evening and no option to have breakfast in the main restaurant. In the evening, the Club Lounge was available for a longer period (compared to the Pullman Hyde Park) for canaps/drinks . On occasions the Club Lounge was closed (Easter) and we were then allowed to use the main restaurant for breakfast and were allowed a few drinks from the bar in the evening. We also had a room upgrade - spectacular views over the park where the Grand Prix is held. Hard to beat at AUS$150/night with TCB. I also negotiated a reduced rate for valet parking (AUS$16/day).
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:26 am

We have just returned from SYD and a 2 night stay at the Pullman Hyde Park as a Plat. I would echo everything you said; it was excellent. My Plat benefits were fully recognised and we got an upgrade from a Standard room to the Club Floor overlooking the park - we even had a bottle of wine and cheese and biscuits to greet us in our room. I booked during a recent promotion and the room cost around AUS$175/night!

Prior to that we spent 12 days at the Pullman Albert Park, MEL. Again all Plat benefits fully recognised on arrival. The main difference was a rather better and spacious lounge (although less good views), no spirits available in the evening and no option to have breakfast in the main restaurant. In the evening, the Club Lounge was available for a longer period (compared to the Pullman Hyde Park) for canaps/drinks . On occasions the Club Lounge was closed (Easter) and we were then allowed to use the main restaurant for breakfast and were allowed a few drinks from the bar in the evening. We also had a room upgrade - spectacular views over the park where the Grand Prix is held. Hard to beat at AUS$150/night with TCB. I also negotiated a reduced rate for valet parking (AUS$16/day).
What are the operating times for the club lounges for both of these hotels please ?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sycokid
What are the operating times for the club lounges for both of these hotels please ?
The Pullman Hyde Park Sydney was 6.00 -7.30pm.

I can't recall exactly the hours for The Pullman in Melbourne - I think 2hrs, either from 5.30pm or from 6pm. I do recall that "closing time" was closely adhered to in Sydney - less so in Melbourne!

ps I assume you are referring to canaps and drinks times? Both lounges were open during the day of course.....
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:28 am

The Pullman Hyde Park Sydney was 6.00 -7.30pm.

I can't recall exactly the hours for The Pullman in Melbourne - I think 2hrs, either from 5.30pm or from 6pm. I do recall that "closing time" was closely adhered to in Sydney - less so in Melbourne!

ps I assume you are referring to canaps and drinks times? Both lounges were open during the day of course.....
Yes thanks very much for that ^ Sydney cheapskates ! Any ideas anyone if i book 2 rooms as Platinum whether both rooms would be upgraded and Club lounge entry for both rooms as well ? (insert fingers crossed smiley)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Any ideas anyone if i book 2 rooms as Platinum whether both rooms would be upgraded and Club lounge entry for both rooms as well ? (insert fingers crossed smiley)

I have seen this asked elsewhere (ie not specifically Sydney/Australia) - I think the view was that providing the card holder was staying too, then this was possible but was not a given "right"/benefit.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:55 pm

Any ideas anyone if i book 2 rooms as Platinum whether both rooms would be upgraded and Club lounge entry for both rooms as well ? (insert fingers crossed smiley)

I have seen this asked elsewhere (ie not specifically Sydney/Australia) - I think the view was that providing the card holder was staying too, then this was possible but was not a given "right"/benefit.
Ok thanks if it happens i'll consider it a REAL bonus !
Old May 27, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Also really impressed with this hotel even as a Gold member. Booked a standard room on a 40% off sale for two nights at an average AUD$160/night. Given an envelope when I checked in which contained two drinks vouchers and listed all the benefits I would get as a Gold, with a note I had been upgraded to an Executive Room (with Club lounge access) which is at least a 2 room upgrade. Very happy indeed!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.