Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Can individual hotels withhold certain room types from the Accorhotels site or app?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can individual hotels withhold certain room types from the Accorhotels site or app?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP

The fact that I've only encountered this issue a year since I first became a Le Club member means it's probably not too widespread, but it still seems strange to me that it happens at all.

I was looking at booking a room at the Novotel Koshien (Osaka West) and noticed that on top of the official Accor mini-site they have a separate website. I also noticed that they offer a Japanese-style room and triple rooms on their own website and booking system, that I can't get to come up on the official Accor booking site and iPhone app no matter what dates I put in, even when their separate booking system says they're wide open.

I wouldn't be making a fuss if their own booking system wasn't in Japanese only (selecting "English" brings me to the Accor mini-site for their property) or if they at least gave me a space to put in my membership number, but they don't. They didn't even give me a standard Accor confirmation number when I ended up booking the triple room I needed (I can pull it up on their own site, but it won't bring anything up on the Accorhotels site). How much of this happens elsewhere, and should I be bringing this up with anyone?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 2:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It is not unheard off that certain rooms are not offered via the general distribution. I have seen this happening to some suites for example which can only be booked directly with the hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:59 am
Original Poster

And I should still get the usual Platinum benefits if I present my card on check-in, correct? Or would it be better to call them now and tell them to update my reservation with the number first?

Also, the reason I found this a bit concerning was that it wasn't just a matter of contacting the hotel directly. It's that they aren't mentioned in any other language. If you don't speak Japanese (or wade through Google Translate) you wouldn't know they had Japanese-style rooms or triple rooms.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jamar
And I should still get the usual Platinum benefits if I present my card on check-in, correct? Or would it be better to call them now and tell them to update my reservation with the number first?

Also, the reason I found this a bit concerning was that it wasn't just a matter of contacting the hotel directly. It's that they aren't mentioned in any other language. If you don't speak Japanese (or wade through Google Translate) you wouldn't know they had Japanese-style rooms or triple rooms.
The Le Club rules state that rooms booked directly with the hotel are covered, so best they should offer perks. Maybe email them in advance.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

After all was said and done, I ended up with just drink vouchers (internet is complimentary and apparently there's no lounge in this Novotel). Quite a difference from what I got from the last Novotel I stayed at (Novotel Taoyuan Airport- welcome drink voucher, NT$500 spa voucher, fruit plate in room, breakfast) and I'm not sure I would come back to this one. The staff actually tried to say "points only" before I asked if my Platinum status would really get me absolutely nothing at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.