Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Hamburg [to close permanently 30 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Hamburg [to close permanently 30 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 7:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have 21

Did they comp you the 22.-? Or was that just a matter of "bad luck"?

I also find the way they scribbled "Dear Mr..." on the welcome letter as insincere... aka "here is your prescription, now get lost...."
Old May 24, 2016, 11:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Wow, apple juice?! They are so generous at this hotel.

Thanks for the review Goldorak ^
Old May 24, 2016, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Wow, apple juice?! They are so generous at this hotel.
Yes, Bonne dgustation
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Damn, looks like I chose poorly but fingers crossed they pull out all the stops to give me a great experience thus improving their reputation on FlyerTalk ;-)
Checking in there tomorrow for 2 nights. Standard room booked but am Platinum so hoping for an upgrade - Junior Suite would be nice :-)
Thanks for the tip on the gift. Will let you know how it goes.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Damn, looks like I chose poorly but fingers crossed they pull out all the stops to give me a great experience thus improving their reputation on FlyerTalk ;-)
Checking in there tomorrow for 2 nights. Standard room booked but am Platinum so hoping for an upgrade - Junior Suite would be nice :-)
Thanks for the tip on the gift. Will let you know how it goes.
how was it?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:15 am

anyone with updates to this hotel?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:18 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am currently staying there and echo some of Gokdorak comments:
- checkin yesterday was exactly as he described: robotic and no mention of tier, upgrade or not
- The half open drawer with the wine bottle still done, although I could not mix it with the welcome gift as it was clearly in evidence on the desk (a small box containing pastries made by a Tunisian chef)
- No clear upgrade policy
- Breakfast was OK (not wow) and very busy (seems there is a large group in the hotel)
- Classic room small but comfortable, bed seems to be 140 cm large, usual MyBed quality
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I had a fantastic few days at this great hotel recently. For the first time, I felt that my diamond status actually makes a difference.

Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall

What is your ALL status?
Diamond

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very much so.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked an entry-level classic room and received a three-category upgrade to junior suite.

How are the rooms?
The junior suite consisted of separate living and bedroom. It had a small balcony facing the Alsterfleet. Bathroom had both walk-in rain shower and bathtub. Bath amenities were Herms.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Personalized service: it felt like almost everyone knew who I am, I was addressed by my name, at breakfast a table was reserved for us and we were the only one who were led to the table, staff remembered our coffee preferences and so on.
* Diamond treatment: see details below.
* Very good selection at breakfast, also sparkling wine was available every day.

Bad:
* One day, someone had removed our own drinks (three bottles of soft drinks) from the minibar. No-one found out what had happened but the incident was resolved and compensated professionally.
* Bar staff were indifferent and the service was slow.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
There is no lounge but there is a library that looks like a lounge. It's used as a smoking room at the moment. That could be a decent location for a club lounge and would be easily done. I suggested this to GM but he didn't promise anything.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
* Early check-in at 10:30am
* Late check-out at 5pm, asked proactively and confirmed at check-in already
* Suite upgrade without using any certificates
* Nice sweet treats were waiting in the room with a hand-written card from general manager whom I also met, a very nice and enthusiastic gentleman
* New, different set of treats were brought to us the next day
* Welcome drink: bartender first said that the voucher can be used for soft drink or beer but when he had a second look at it he said we can actually have anything so we got champagne
* Codes for premium wifi (didnt need it since the complimentary wifi was fast enough for my needs)

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Excellent value. Burned my points.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I had a fantastic few days at this great hotel recently. For the first time, I felt that my diamond status actually makes a difference.

Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall

What is your ALL status?
Diamond

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very much so.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked an entry-level classic room and received a three-category upgrade to junior suite.

How are the rooms?
The junior suite consisted of separate living and bedroom. It had a small balcony facing the Alsterfleet. Bathroom had both walk-in rain shower and bathtub. Bath amenities were Herms.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
* Personalized service: it felt like almost everyone knew who I am, I was addressed by my name, at breakfast a table was reserved for us and we were the only one who were led to the table, staff remembered our coffee preferences and so on.
* Diamond treatment: see details below.
* Very good selection at breakfast, also sparkling wine was available every day.

Bad:
* One day, someone had removed our own drinks (three bottles of soft drinks) from the minibar. No-one found out what had happened but the incident was resolved and compensated professionally.
* Bar staff were indifferent and the service was slow.

Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
There is no lounge but there is a library that looks like a lounge. It's used as a smoking room at the moment. That could be a decent location for a club lounge and would be easily done. I suggested this to GM but he didn't promise anything.

What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
* Early check-in at 10:30am
* Late check-out at 5pm, asked proactively and confirmed at check-in already
* Suite upgrade without using any certificates
* Nice sweet treats were waiting in the room with a hand-written card from general manager whom I also met, a very nice and enthusiastic gentleman
* New, different set of treats were brought to us the next day
* Welcome drink: bartender first said that the voucher can be used for soft drink or beer but when he had a second look at it he said we can actually have anything so we got champagne
* Codes for premium wifi (didnt need it since the complimentary wifi was fast enough for my needs)

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Excellent value. Burned my points.
excellent
But that doesnt mean that they should not improve for Platinums.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:57 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
excellent
But that doesnt mean that they should not improve for Platinums.
I wonder if Platinum members still get soap?
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:47 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I wonder if Platinum members still get soap?
Friend of mine who is Accor gold received chocolate pralines when he stayed at this hotel a week before me so I would expect platinum wont get soap anymore.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:15 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Friend of mine who is Accor gold received chocolate pralines when he stayed at this hotel a week before me so I would expect platinum wont get soap anymore.
Reassuring
Old Nov 15, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
As Plat with Accor I received nothing on two separate two-night stays here. I don't really need a gesture and it's nothing to get upset about but some of the Accor stays have had outstanding arrival gifts - for example a cheese and salami platter with crackers and other nibbles to feed two handsomely from the Clearwater Peppers Resort.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
The owner and Accor have both confirmed that the Sofitel Alter Wall Hamburg will close and be demolished as part of a redevelopment of the immediate area. There are no plans to reopen a new hotel here. Closing date is 30 June 2021.

Shame, I always rather liked the rooms here.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:09 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by LondonElite
The owner and Accor have both confirmed that the Sofitel Alter Wall Hamburg will close and be demolished as part of a redevelopment of the immediate area. There are no plans to reopen a new hotel here. Closing date is 30 June 2021.

Shame, I always rather liked the rooms here.
That's a shame. I liked the waterside rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.