Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Platinum renewed for another year, when not qualified by stays or points.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.

Last week, i got received un email from Accor:
"Dear Mr. XXX,

You are clearly one of our most loyal clients, and so we are pleased to inform you that we will renew your Le Club Accorhotels Platinum card for another year. With your card, you will continue to benefit from the same great service and advantages that you have grown accustomed to during your stays at Accor hotels!

Your new Le Club Accorhotels Platinum card will be sent to you within 2 weeks days after the expiration of your current card at the following address:
Address: .......
"

Actually, i got this status free last year. During this times, made 5 stays, total 6 nights, earned 2500 points, got upgraded all the times, got club access where available, early checked-in, late check-out,....
Don't know why, but the renewed my platinum for another year, email received but on my account, status still expired by 30/6/2014.
So, any one got free renewal before? and what i have to do if the card arrived, but platinum status in my account not updated?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OrientExpress
So, any one got free renewal before?
Yes, me ... in any year since 2009 ... and I never had more than 10 stays in one year

Last edited by olisch; Jun 9, 2014 at 8:36 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
I got it too and I'm absolutely mystified. I'm still going to see about buying that one share of Accor and registering it when I go to France in a couple months, though- I don't expect this to happen again.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
I get the idea they offer this to everyone who has platinum and then hardly stays with Accor. Probably they just look at the stays for one year and determine they're at risk of losing a loyal customer (how would he have obtained that status otherwise), so they offer a prolongation.
Me on the other hand, who stays a fair amount of nights at their properties ofcourse didn't get a prolongation but got downgraded to gold.
Yay.

Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Just another proof whoever manages the LeClub has no idea what "loyalty" is. Seems like Accor has some really hard times not losing their premium property contracts and they try every trick to fill them. Hopefully as HotelInvest starts buying up more hotels this will change for the better.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
I just checked my Accor Profile seeing as far as I was aware my Platinum Status is due to expire today, however my profile is now showing as Platinum expiring 8/2015, not had any emails so hoping now I don't sink to Silver on Friday, I've stayed 29 nights this year and already have 11 nights booked with another 2 to book on Friday so fingers crossed it doesn't change
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, Air Miles (CA), IHG Priority Club, Best Western Rewards, LeClub Accor
I just got a renewal email.... I had a total of Zero stays last year.... Doesnt make sense, but still handy for my upcoming travel.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Amex Platinum offers Le Club Accor Platinum, I haven't had any emails from Accor so waiting now to see what my status will say tomorrow
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
I just checked my Accor Profile seeing as far as I was aware my Platinum Status is due to expire today, however my profile is now showing as Platinum expiring 8/2015, not had any emails so hoping now I don't sink to Silver on Friday, I've stayed 29 nights this year and already have 11 nights booked with another 2 to book on Friday so fingers crossed it doesn't change
I also had my Platinum being extended until Aug/15 on my profile, i went ahead and booked some more stays, but on looking at my profile this morning it's showing Silver status
I have fired off an email to them, but i don't hold out much hope
Old Aug 4, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
I also received the email extending my status. I have to say, as crazy as this is (I have not stayed with them since 2012), it does influence my business. I am traveling to SE Asia this fall and will stay with LCA hotels as much as possible, owing to having top-tier status.

My online status shows expiration of 8/31/2014 - how quickly should I expect that to update?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I've received a free extension too, despite only staying a few nights last year. Same thing with Hilton who keep giving me gold extensions despite a very low amount of stays.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:51 am

Same here... works in their favour though, I don't stay at hotels regularly but Accor is the top of my list when I do.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
same here, had only 3 stays with accor for the whole of last qualifying year, was surprised when the renewal came. added incentive to spend more nights this year!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:32 am

I was lucky, I was running out and joined Accor advantage and asked if they would merge my two accounts. That meant I was platinum for another year.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:14 pm

Okay, then I wait o see the end of this month. I have planned for 8 nights until the end of the year at Accor (nothing booked yet) so could try to use it as a to keep the card might get otherwise.

I am close to gold level (10 000 points). Sucks if Accor upgrades another year for non loyal members and not them that acually stays at the hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.