Search

Hotel hasn't charged me yet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Hotel hasn't charged me yet

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I stayed for 5 nights at the Grand Ambassador Seoul associated Pullman.

The whole check out process got me very annoyed. After a few mistakes in the bill that needed rectifying, it took 25 minutes for what was supposed to be an express checkout on the Executive floor. Basically my card was being denied (and I knew there was no reason for it to be denied) and it was only after some stress and a call to my bank, that the receptionist figured out that it was a problem with the hotel payment processing systems.

So she took my card details and said she should process the charge later in the day. She was unable to print an invoice, which annoyed me even more as we were really pushed for time. So we left in a rush without an invoice.

Even if it would be delightful, I'm not counting on getting away with not paying. It would be a bit immoral and I assume that sooner or later they will realise it and will charge me anyway.

However, I would prefer if they delayed the charge until next month.

The major point is that some points have posted for the stay, but the amount is completely wrong. I am assuming I have been somehow credited for the points corresponding to a dinner we had at the hotel restaurant, which we paid by card there and then. The points I've received include the bonus for the 5th Anniversary promotion.

What shall I do to make sure I get the right number of points, including the promotional ones? I have already contacted Le Club and obviously they want the invoice, which I could request from the Hotel but that would probably trigger a prompter charge from them, whilst I wouldn't mind waiting for another month if I can.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
If you paid 'there and then' using your card then it wouldn't have been added to the final bill upon check out and therefore, you wouldn't have received points for this spending.

Remember that final points are calculated according to all room and other expenses due at check out, excluding service charge and local taxes.

If you're not in a hurry for the additional points then wait for a month, contact the hotel for the invoice then and at the same time raise the points issue with the hotel. If it's too late for them to do anything, you'll then have to go to Accor. In the meantime, if they do debit your card before the month is up, you might as well start the process earlier. Crossing my fingers for you.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
If you paid 'there and then' using your card then it wouldn't have been added to the final bill upon check out and therefore, you wouldn't have received points for this spending.

Remember that final points are calculated according to all room and other expenses due at check out, excluding service charge and local taxes.

If you're not in a hurry for the additional points then wait for a month, contact the hotel for the invoice then and at the same time raise the points issue with the hotel. If it's too late for them to do anything, you'll then have to go to Accor. In the meantime, if they do debit your card before the month is up, you might as well start the process earlier. Crossing my fingers for you.
Thank you. I have received 216 base points (excluding bonuses) for a spend that should be more than €1000. So that's definitely wrong.

Concidentally, the dinner I'm taking about was around €106 and I handed my Platinum card to the waiter who said he added the points.

Are you aware of any deadlines to claim the points retrospectively?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You are right. It doesn't add up. If the waiter said the points would be added for the meal, was your credit card actually debited for the meal and could it have been added to the final hotel bill which you still haven't received an invoice for? Usually you can only get points by signing it all to your room and paying at the end. The reason for this would be because with some bonuses (e.g. X5) you can only claim ONCE so if you split your expenses it would be complicated to calculate. There are probably other reasons too.

You have 6 months to claim so don't worry. Check out No. 10.1 at http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf

I guess you're better waiting then?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Great, thank you again.

I just hope I won't have to fight to get the Anniversary Bonus points as well, even if I wait for a few more weeks.

Considering the disappointment experienced at the hotel in the last 24 hours of our stay, I wouldn't mind if they just comped it, but no chance they will or they will just forget.
Old May 1, 2014, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Charges have come through today. So they were very prompt but it took them a while. Now I'm waiting for them to send me the invoice so that I can send it to Accor.
Old May 5, 2014, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Points have been adjusted by Accor and now I'm happy man with 11,000 points gained in just one stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.