Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with 1700 points

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 11:42 am
Original Poster

What to do with 1700 points

Hi I have 1700 points set to expire in August.It looks that auto conversion tool does not work now only if you have 2000 points.I don't have any stay soon to Accor properties,is any way I can use these points ?
Thank you
Old May 3, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/11/15/c...nsfer-minimum/

I just did this with a little over 1000 points about to expire in June. Right now BA Avios are getting 2x bonus, which makes them the same as IB Avios (1 Accor->1 Avios). Given that you can get a flight with just 4500 Avios, this might be the best way to clean out the account.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/11/15/c...nsfer-minimum/

I just did this with a little over 1000 points about to expire in June. Right now BA Avios are getting 2x bonus, which makes them the same as IB Avios (1 Accor->1 Avios). Given that you can get a flight with just 4500 Avios, this might be the best way to clean out the account.
Thank you, I tried now autoconversion to BA after my Iberia did not go trough few weeks ago ,but i got an automated reply taht transfer will be made when my account will reach 4000 points??I'll wait few weeks to see if this go trough.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: Marco Polo, Miles&Bonus, KLM Flying Blue.
I don't know BA policy about this, for sure a couple of weeks ago i had some problem transferring my miles to CX, anyway last week i went to an Accor hotel and conversion worked fine so i assume things got fixed now.

4000 points anyway sounds strange, i know other hotels chain which needs a minimium for transfer miles but Accor should have no minimium.
Old May 5, 2014, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mitelsp
Thank you, I tried now autoconversion to BA after my Iberia did not go trough few weeks ago ,but i got an automated reply taht transfer will be made when my account will reach 4000 points??I'll wait few weeks to see if this go trough.
All I can say is I followed the steps on that page EXACTLY, set my conversion to IB, and within a week it all went through...

Note that the web page says you have to enable autoconversion first...

http://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/burn...10-&xtor=AL-40

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.