Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
I'm trying to book China (Shanghai) as well as London:

Asia Link: http://t.mid.accor-mail.com/r/?id=h5...c-1-as-gb-14-0

UK Link: http://t.mid.accor-mail.com/r/?id=h5...c-1-as-gb-14-0

After I put in the search criteria on those pages, it redirects me to book.accorhotels.cn and I don't get the private sale rates.
I believe there are problems in accor chinese website. So I suggest you NOT TO LOGIN first. Use the above link without login or inputting your Accor number. You can login after the payment page appear.

However, if you're Advantage Plus member so it will forfeit your 10% discount in Shanghai if you did this method.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by sxc
I'm trying to book China (Shanghai) as well as London:

Asia Link: http://t.mid.accor-mail.com/r/?id=h5...c-1-as-gb-14-0

UK Link: http://t.mid.accor-mail.com/r/?id=h5...c-1-as-gb-14-0

After I put in the search criteria on those pages, it redirects me to book.accorhotels.cn and I don't get the private sale rates.
Here's another hack. Download a vpn service like hotspotshield, and that should give you a US ip address and that should solve the problem.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Originally Posted by dfs24
Here's another hack. Download a vpn service like hotspotshield, and that should give you a US ip address and that should solve the problem.
There's a plugin for Chrome called "Hola Better Internet" which also might do the job. I'm being redirected to http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotels...romotion.shtml & http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotels...romotion.shtml, maybe try booking directly from those links.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Providing the hotels I want are participating and for the dates I want this couldn't have come at a better time, going on holiday at end of next month and had held off from booking hotels in the vague hope accor would have a sale!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:13 am

Booked the wrong date and when I saw the email, I called the booking hotline to highlight the error within 5 mins from the payment to the email and call.

Customer service agent said she cannot do anything to it even if I ask to switch the dates as I had book the dates 1 week earlier than the actual stay. I was so mad and pissed and I acknowledged that it's my fault but then again, I called and tried to rectify immediately. The agent was not helpful and didn't even want to forward to the manager to review the case.

Because of this incident, I would not want to touch accor hotels again. Marriott has much better after sales support and communication channels.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Originally Posted by tboons
Booked the wrong date and when I saw the email, I called the booking hotline to highlight the error within 5 mins from the payment to the email and call.
I did exactly the same thing with a booking in France, and while sympathetic, had essentially the same response from the Accor phoneline. She said that the hotel themselves can vary the booking and gave me contact details. (I also setup a flex booking for the nights I wanted so i knew I'd have a room)

Contact the hotel directly and see if they can fix things.

One thing, the booking systems aren't often the same/linked - so my booking on Accor doesn't reflect my actual booking with the hotel. (Adagio Access apartment)
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The phone agents can do nothing to change a prepaid reservation. You need to call/write to the property and plea your case. If you reqest the change before the hotel charges to your cc, the chances are pretty good.

Another solution: Cancel your credit card. Even for prepaid stays your card is not charged immidiately, it can take several days, even weeks. The property will write to you when the cc charge can not be made. Then explain that you have made a mistake and would like to cancel/change.

Last edited by SK AAR; Apr 14, 2014 at 7:08 am
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:10 am

It's disappointing that some franchises are allowed to "opt out" of this promotion.

The two Novotels in Toronto do not participate.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:39 pm

I blocked my card for 3 days after I paid for it. I hope that the transaction did not went through.

The customer service in Accor is quite bad and they asked me to call another phone line and no one could attend to it and just wasted my time and money.
Old May 25, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Any private sales for May?
Old May 27, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
There should be a Sofitel Private sale around this time of year - does anyone know roughly when?
Old May 30, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've been told there will be no Sofitel private sale in the next few months. The last one was October 2013 but last year they also had one in May. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 2:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I've been told there will be no Sofitel private sale in the next few months. The last one was October 2013 but last year they also had one in May. Can anyone confirm this?
Received an email today about the Sofitel summer collection sale. Requires you to "sign up" to the offer. When I tried, it said I wasn't eligible even though eligibility says for all club members?

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...llection.shtml
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc
Received an email today about the Sofitel summer collection sale. Requires you to "sign up" to the offer. When I tried, it said I wasn't eligible even though eligibility says for all club members?

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...llection.shtml
86€ for Sofitel Chicago
I'm sure there is a typo. It must be 186.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Goldorak
86€ for Sofitel Chicago
I'm sure there is a typo. It must be 186.
Are you able to click the register button successfully?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.