Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Review: Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road (Bangalore, India)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GregWTravels
Ibis Bengaluru Hosur Road

Hotel website: http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-6963-ib...ad/index.shtml
Hotel address: 26/1 Hosur Road, 560068, Bangalore, India
Telephone: (+91)80/49009090
Fax: (+91)80/49009091
Email: [email protected]

Directions: Arrange a car from Airport or city centre. Head southwest from Bengaluru International Airport then slight left to merge onto NH 7. Go to the south and follow the road NH7. Take the exit at At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Rashtriya Vidyalaya Rd. Go through 1 roundabout Pass by Shaffer Memorial Church until you found the 4th Main Road then turn right at Angadi Silks onto Marenahalli Rd. Hotel will be on your left.

GPS: N 12° 54' 1.95'' E 77° 37' 55.32''

Map:

Facilities:
Restaurant: Spice It restaurant (04:30 - 23:30), Hub Bar (11:00-23:30), Room Service
Gym: Fitness Centre (very basic)
Internet access: free wifi, free workstations in lobby

Services:
Indoor parking
1 accessible room
Meetings rooms available
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.

Recently in Bangalore for a business trip, and the nearest hotel to the office was the Ibis Hosur Road.

Getting To and From the Hotel

The hotel sent a car to pick me up at the airport, meeting me at the airport with a sign with both my name and the logo and name of the hotel. Clean, white car with air conditioning. Being at the entire other end of town from the airport, it took approximately 1.5 hours to get to the hotel on Sunday night. Head back to the airport on Monday afternoon, it took 2 hours. So plan accordingly.

Check-In:

From arrival at the airport, you pass through a secruity check (bags scanned and through a metal detector, though the metal dedector results seemed to be ignored). Once in the hotel, you go up in the elevator to the reception level.

Check-in was quick. Took my credit card and a passport scan. Also asked for my business card, though as I had just started my job I didn't have any.

The explained the hotel bar, restaurant and breakfast details, and asked if I needed a car arranged for the morning.

Room:

Room itself was clean. Standard Ibis room. Bed, desk, wardrobe (somewhat small and shirts hanging tended to have the bottoms draping over the safe). There is a large safe in the room which easily fit a laptop computer. Bathroom had a shower, toilet and small sink and counter space.

Wifi in the hotel was not great. It connected easily, but kept going back to the hotel or login page when any link was clicked. That made certain webpages almost unusable, if information needed to be carried from page to page.

TV had a few English channels - BBC News, CNN, two Indian news stations in English, HBO and 4 or 5 english entertainment channels showing TV shows and movies.

Food and Drink:

On reception level there is a bar and restaurant. Restaurant is buffet and menu service. I ended up using the buffet when I ate there, just because it was easy.

Breakfast was hot and cold items, with a omelet station for eggs, veggie omelets and dosas. There were some western items (pancakes, french toast, eggs) and some indian food. Sausages were chicken - I'd skip and stay with the veggie stuff at breakfast.

Dinner was a rotating mix of mostly Indian food, about 75% veggie and 25% chicken based. It wasn't too spicy - a bit of tongue tingle on some of the dishes, but nothing uneatable.

The bar had a pool table and a few seats. Selection of Indian beer, wine and spirits, and a few foreign options. Service can be slow, because the bartender is doing double duty as a waiter, so often worth getting up and signalling into the restaurant if you want a drink.

It was fine for my trip to the office just down the road, but there is very little around. It's mostly shops for locals and a few small local restaurants. There was a Pizza Hut and KFC within walking distance. The walk isn't nice to any of these places, though, as you are walking along the side of what is in essence a motorway.

If you wanted to go anywhere, a car was required. However, anything you'd want to go to is likely 30 to 40 minutes away at least due to the traffic in Bangalore. Cars can be arranged through the hotel very easily.

On the weekend, I did arrange a car for the day to do a tour of Bangalore on the Saturday and Sunday. Having a car is the best way to get around from the hotel. It isn't expensive to have a car for the evening or the day.

Overall:

It is a fine hotel if you are on business and working in the local area. For a visitor to Bangalore, I would suggest looking at something more centrally located.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Stayed here again. CNN and BBC News World channels are no longer available. Just the Indian news stations, which switch between Hindi and English at will, and NHK World which shows news with a Japanese focus.

Otherwise, previous review still holds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.