FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Pullman Brussels Midi

Hotel website: http://www.pullmanhotels.com/gb/hote...di/index.shtml
Hotel address: Place Victor Horta 1, 1060 Brussels, Belgium
Telephone: (+32)25289800
Fax: (+32)25289801
Email: [email protected]

Transit Direction: Direct train from Brussels National Airport (Zaventem). Every 15 minutes or so (one way fare: €8.50). Travel time from airport 20 minutes. Hotel is part of Midi station and a minute away from Eurostar, Thalys and ICE highspeed train platforms. Midi also serves regional and local trains. Metro, bus and tram connections also available.

Map:

Facilities:
Restaurant: Victor Bar & Restaurant on first floor, room service 24h
Gym: Fit Lounge 24h, sauna
Internet access: free wifi, free "Connectivity Lounge" with workstations
Smoking: entirely non-smoking

Services:
Indoor parking nearby (paying)
Wheelchair accessible throughout
Meetings rooms available
Print Wikipost

Review: Pullman Brussels Midi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm here now and agree mostly with what is above. Brussels is quite busy this week with my usual hotels charging double the normal price. Even the Mercure and Novotel's are super expensive. But this hotel was relatively cheap so an easy choice for me.

I'll point you to this page which is quite informative. http://www.accor.com/fileadmin/user_..._midi___en.pdf

I am NOT a fan of the design. As noted by Starflyergold the check in desk is a round table. What a terrible idea! You are standing there facing not only the agent, but also facing other customers and agents across the tiny table. So there is a complete lack of privacy. And it clearly does not make them more efficient. There were two people checking in when I walked up and 3 agents. The 3rd agent did nothing but smile and shift some papers around. It took them about 10 minutes to check in those two people and then both agents just walked away leaving me with the 3rd agent who did not or could not speak. Maybe she couldn't speak French. I don't know. But the whole check in process was quite poor IMHO.

Later when one of the agents returned, I handed over my Platinum card. To the agents credit, he at least knew what it was. I received a one level upgrade which I didn't argue with. And when I got to my Superior room I wasn't surprised that there is no desk in the room. I guess the designer really doesn't like desks. At the edge of the sitting area there is an electrical outlet and an Ethernet jack. At least the Ethernet jack works and the wired Internet is relatively good. The Wifi didn't seem as good. The bathroom is small, but nice and new and the Roger & Gallet products are a good sign. A bottle each of Spa Blue and Red are in the mini-bar for free as is the Nespresso.

The bar/restaurant is a really good aspect of this hotel. I received the usual free drink coupon and enjoyed a glass of Chablis at the bar, where they freely discussed the short history of the hotel and made some suggestions on the menu. So I took a table for dinner and had a great meal, entree+plat for €26. I asked if they had any red Burgundy and they said there wasn't any on the menu, but they found a bottle in the back and happily opened it to serve me a glass of 2009 Côte de Beaune. ^ Great service.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:48 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm here for one night and inferring from the above, I booked the best suite in the place. Based on that experience so far, here are the plusses and minuses:

Plusses: Location, location, location, if you have a morning departure on Thalys, SNCF, Eurostar, or from BRU.

It's relatively new so it's not tired yet, downtrodden, and dumpy like the Sheraton at the airport.

Internet is free. It asks for an email address, presumably to spam you, but any address (real or fake) will work.

Minuses: If what I am staying in is their best suite, I'd hate to be in a regular room.

The design is like what you'd see as the "hotel room of the future" at a 1960's world fair.

The suite living room was sort of triangular with a couch, a table (which as Stimpy noted substitutes for an absent desk), a TV, a small closet, a safe, and a fridge, which comes with a few free soft drinks and waters. You will likely need an extension cord to use your computer at the table. Inexplicably, there was a tiny guest toilet/sink room. Also a coffee machine and an electric kettle for tea.

The bedroom includes a queen bed, another closet, and another TV. The room holds the bed but not much more. It is also sort of triangular.

The bathroom has a sink (no space for your stuff), a tub, a shower compartment, and a toilet compartment.

I'd estimate the total size about 550 sq ft, decent size for this level of hotel.

It's all rather utilitarian looking. Service so far is what you'd expect at a standard chain hotel.

Get an extra key to put in the silly slot thingie by the door so the HVAC and all else doesn't go off when you leave the room. Don't worry about housekeeping removing it because you shouldn't ever stay here for more than one night.

But for one night with an AM departure, I'd consider it again, until it gets tired, which is probably at least 3 years off.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jun 9, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The design is like what you'd see as the "hotel room of the future" at a 1960's world fair.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:48 am

staying there this coming weekend, can't wait to see the property

opinions seem to be mixed but overall good
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:34 pm

well well

just got back from a 2-night stay there

i was a bit surprised by the front desk, 2 small tables, but very efficient
the staff was warm and welcoming

the most surprising detail of our stay was the silence !

i've stayed at a lot of Accor midscale and upscale properties WW and i have to admit how impressed i was about this one

we stayed at the 8th floor (out of 9), and the door was close to the elevator, we never heard anyone, no elevator, no neighbor watching TV, no toilet flushing, even the housekeeping, very impressed

the breakfast was pretty nice at the restaurant, quite small place for the breakfast but we really felt it was like a VIP lounge, but the kind of huge restaurant with a hundred table (stayed at Novotel london West earlier this week and its breakfast place is about 10 times the capacity, like a canteen)

nespresso coffee machine in room, complimentary mineral and sparkling water every day

the design of the room is really nice, quite large

the bathroom is really nice also, we loved it, separate WC

lots of storage space

fantastic view from our room

200 movies in several languages available for free on the TV

and the second morning we ordered breakfast in room, the delivery was very discreet and we really enjoyed that

the only con of the hotel is the pillow, one very large and one small but too compact, something in the middle would have been nice

instead of staying at Novotel downtown where the Grand Place was crowded and very noisy, we really like staying in Midi station, very convenient while enjoying this very upscale property

will stay there again next time in Bxl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.