Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points expiring

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Question Points expiring

I have about 3,000 Accor points expiring at the end of this month (June). I know I cannot transfer them to any airline because the minimum points required are 4,000! I do not have any plan to stay at any accor hotel before end of June. Please suggest ways I may be able to use or keep the points without them expiring. One way I read on Le Club would be to convert 2,000 points into a €40 hotel voucher to be used later. This would leave around 1,000 points which will be lost?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Click here for instructions on how to convert Le Club Accor points without minimum.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks AaronD23, for the link.

However, the process in that link no longer works. A lot of people have commented on this. It stopped working about 8 months ago. I did activate the auto conversion, but my points were not transferred at all. When I tried it again just then, it said the minimum points required would be 4,000 (and I have just around 3,000 points). So, I think my only option now is to convert 2,000 points into €40 hotel voucher to be used within 6 months, and just forgo the balance 1,000 points.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
I used those instructions to post miles to Iberia a couple of weeks ago and it worked just fine. Miles were posted 4 days after transferring them.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by A1pax
One way I read on Le Club would be to convert 2,000 points into a €40 hotel voucher to be used later. This would leave around 1,000 points which will be lost?
This seems to be the best way to handle your case. Once issued, the vouchers are valid 6 months.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This seems to be the best way to handle your case. Once issued, the vouchers are valid 6 months.
Thanks, Goldorak.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AaronD23
I used those instructions to post miles to Iberia a couple of weeks ago and it worked just fine. Miles were posted 4 days after transferring them.
I do not have Iberia account, only with QF and BA. So my options are limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.