Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Is Accor Advantage Plus designed so you can not claim your Complimentary night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S

I recently was phoned by Accor Advantage Plus and joined over the phone.
Joining has set in place a trail of problems finally culminating today in being sent an email asking me to click on a link to confirm my new email address even though I have not changed my email address.
The link does not work I just get the message below,

"This page cannot be accessed directly. To return to the complete list of all our hotels, click here.

We use cookies to simplify your browsing the site.

If you have any problems browsing, check to be sure your cookies have been activated : to do so with Internet Explorer, select the menu "Display/Internet option/safety/cookies" and, with Netscape "Edit/Preferences/Advanced".

For confidentiality reasons, Accor hotels guarantee that no data whatsoever will be used outside our sites.

We wish you happy browsing..."

I can now no longer log in to my LeClub account using either my Email address, my Le Club membership number, my Accor Advantage Plus silver number or the new Gold number copied from the email.
My initial email to LeClub was ignored, my second was replied to by phone but every time they do something to the account the situation seems to get worse.
Is all this designed to stop you claiming the Complimentary night or is their system just screwed?
I replied to the email but the reply came back in French and I assume says you can not reply to the email.
Anyone else had problems or am I just the lucky one to have my time wasted.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:27 pm

I had no problem booking my "free" night. I did book about 7 months in advance as I wanted a room at Darling Harbour between Christmas and New Year - and ended up with a choice.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like there is an issue with your account. Maybe try calling the Advantage Plus people - they can sometimes look at your account and help you out.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthite
Sounds like there is an issue with your account. Maybe try calling the Advantage Plus people - they can sometimes look at your account and help you out.
Have called previously and the situation just got worse so loath to call again but will probably have to.
This morning the link worked to confirm my email address but now it will not recognize my password to log in.
I tried confirming my password and just got the following message.

Your password
A technical problem has occurred on our site. Please try again. If the problem persists, send us a message using Contact form.
[2100-2|2200-1]
Lost your password ?

To retrieve your password, please enter your e-mail. For security reasons, your password will be forwarded via your e-mail.
Confirm
E-mail :
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Was finally able to log in and make the booking, it took 22 days to sort it out.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
a bit late, but just want to add, I had no problem claiming my free night. Maybe it was isolated case.

As for their customer service, that's a different case. I can't be bothered to contact them again.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: Qantas, Gold Passport, SPG
In my opinion, yes, that is how it is designed. I was a member 8 or 9 years ago, dropped out because I seemed to have paid for a room I could never get and dining discounts that never quite worked out how I was told it did. Stupidly, I enrolled again this year (our holidays are in mostly Accor properties this year) and boy, do I remember why I dropped out last time.

They also have the single crappiest websites of any hotel chain ever. Creme de la creme of bad. I have complained many many times. They just DO NOT GET IT. People book themselves now Accor. On your crapola website. If you want their bums in beds spending their money in your overpriced restaurants, then make it EASY to make a booking.

Save the money, pay for the room and eat somewhere nearby not the hotel restaurant. The food is marked up so when they discount it you don't get gouged so badly.

Chalk it up to experience and do not renew. Good luck getting the salesmen to stop hounding you when you do. Even when you tell them "I am not an idiot, I paid and got NO benefit - not even recouping the membership fee" they will still call you back.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:45 am

Btw, I am currently trying to book a room, 1 adult + 1 child. They say base room rate covers 2 occupants but it is charging me extra. God knows why. I guess I will have to call them *shudder*.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
For those of us who always say "no" to the Accor boiler-room, what is the real situation regarding the prepaid "free" night? Is it limited inventory, like an award, or can you book anything that's available?

Every single time I get the boiler-room on the phone, desperately urging me to buy the Advantage Plus card, the conversation always ends the same way:

me: Yes I would like to go ahead and I would like you to
a) First confirm the prepaid night at xxx property on xxx date
b) Send me an E mail confirming the 10% extra discount on any Super Sale

boiler-room: sorry I can't make a booking because (insert feeble excuse) so you'll just have to pay first, and then try and see if that night is available. And I can't send E mails because (insert feeble excuse) but you can be sure of getting the extra 10%.

me; ah no thanks
Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:51 pm

Real world (very recent) experience of trying to book the free night on its own = No availability. As part of a longer booking of at lease 4 days = no problem. It is a scam. In fact (I am in Australia) I am sure it breaches the Trade Practices Act so I might report them to the ACCC.

Also, I have never been able to book a room of equal value to the price of the card. Scam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.