Search

Can a family member use my accor#?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG
Can a family member use my accor#?

Hi,

My brother-in-law is staying at an accor hotel. Can I provide my accor# for his stay... and if so, will he be able to take advantage of my premium status?

note that I will not be present for the stay.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:13 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by MrBizJet
Hi,

My brother-in-law is staying at an accor hotel. Can I provide my accor# for his stay... and if so, will he be able to take advantage of my premium status?

note that I will not be present for the stay.
The card is not transferable. The T&Cs (section 5) state:

The commitments or rules to be followed by the Member to avoid being excluded from the Program are:
– to always be polite
– to present their card and/or Member number when making a
reservation and upon arrival at a hotel
– not to loan or give their card to a third party
– not to be fraudulent or attempt fraud to gain Points
– in the event of loss or theft: the Member must inform the Program
Administrator using the “Help and Contact” section of the accorhotels.com website.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:02 am

Programs: Accor ALL, KrisFlyer, Miles & More, ITA Volare, China Airlines Dynasty
There is no way to book "on behalf" of another family member (e.g. spouse)?
Or is there any way to share points or SNUs with another ALL account, e.g. if spouse has separate account?
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:14 am
Suspended

No, you can book multiple rooms when travelling with your relatives and earn points on up to 2 rooms but you have to stay with them.

Status benefits are not transferrable. There is no benefit or point pooling with Accor.
zapres likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Ive booked and paid for family members stays (without me). Not sure if it's very legit but I am paying after all...

So far got the points, but Im not demanding the status benefits when I do this
Old Aug 1, 2023, 12:26 pm
Suspended

The card is no longer physical unless requested by Plat members and above, hotels are no longer asking for it to be shown upon checkin but it doesn’t prevent them from asking for ID in some countries on a random basis.

Some members caught cheating have already been banned, the problem being that you earn points while not staying.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:14 am

FYI recently I booked a room for my mother at the local Ibis before her early train the next day, and I did get status night and points for it.

I paid over the app but did drive her there and helped her check-in in person. They didn't give a welcome drink (as they often forget) but because it wasn't me staying I did not insist.

Doesn't feel like I did anything wrong tbh, especially since the discount is the same whether you are vanilla or silver, but please don't dob me in to the Accor police
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
This is ( I think ) only for Accor Plus members, but you can gift "member for a day" certificates ....

I cant find any details or a link - but there are three available per year - obs you don't get any points etc ...

feel free to correct me if my memory is bad.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I stay in enough hotels to not want to use my points for hotel stays. However, I think one of the benefits should be to gift stays to family members. I have about 200 nights in hotels so far this year between Accor and Hilton and I am drowning in points I don't really need, so gifting them to my kids would be a nice option.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I stay in enough hotels to not want to use my points for hotel stays. However, I think one of the benefits should be to gift stays to family members. I have about 200 nights in hotels so far this year between Accor and Hilton and I am drowning in points I don't really need, so gifting them to my kids would be a nice option.
I do not think that that is a problem. (And I'm pretty sure that I have done that in the past...) It's like booking a airline ticket, using miles, for someone else.

But the OP want to pay for someone else, get the points on that stay, and have the "guest" receive the benefits. That is something completely different.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: ALL Platinum, IPrefer Titanium, Marriott Silver, Aeroplan Elite
It depends on the hotel

I've been able to successfully email hotels directly and ask that they would make an exception to the rules to help me get a well-appointed stay for friends and family members. This has worked at all levels of Accor Hotels for me, from luxury to economy stays in a few different countries. It just depends on the hotel management.

In most cases, they treated my friends/family members well and gave them all the benefits my status would have given me. I even got the reward and status points as well!

Many hotels will refuse do to this but it never hurts to ask. Ultimately, they do want people staying at their hotel!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Koby
I do not think that that is a problem. (And I'm pretty sure that I have done that in the past...) It's like booking a airline ticket, using miles, for someone else.

But the OP want to pay for someone else, get the points on that stay, and have the "guest" receive the benefits. That is something completely different.
I agree to the latter point you make and this is not to be encouraged.
However, I booked my son a place at an Ibis during his uni years and the hotel were very upset about this, threatening to deny him the stay and contact Accor about the abuse of points (I was ignorant of the fact that I could not gift the night's stay - no excuse). They could permit gifting of stays without the benefits if the cost of a free breakfast is too onerous in these hyper-profitable times for hotels.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I was ignorant of the fact that I could not gift the night's stay - no excuse
Well, it seems that I am equally ignorant, because I just checked the T&Cs and Accor does indeed not allow us to pay for someone else using points.
As I said, I have done this in the past. But now I'm not so sure anymore if that was at Accor (maybe in a previous "version" of the Accor loyalty program), or in another chain altogether.

Sorry for the confusion.
CHCflyer likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; SK Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meliá/HH/Bonvoy Gold
To add a data point from this month:

I booked a room at a UK Ibis for two people and paid in advance: most in points and the balance with my credit card. Changed plans and snow meant that my spouse would arrive in the afternoon but I wouldn't make it until very late, if at all. I therefore checked in online (something I otherwise avoid) and my spouse arrived at the hotel without me. They were given a stark choice: either wait until I arrived to access the room or convert the points booking to a cash booking and pay the amount due.

The duty manager made it clear that there were no other options. After payment was made, two room keys were issued but a drinks voucher was denied -- "the member can claim it when he checks in later".

Apparently all in accordance with the ALL rules, but it really did feel overly strict.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:08 am

Wow, I would complain.

Way to make a valued customer feel like garbage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.