Wiki Posts
Search

Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 1:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

My worry is that we are here only talking about this particular hotel. How about others? That was my question to Accor plus.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
My worry is that we are here only talking about this particular hotel. How about others? That was my question to Accor plus.
that's also my worry. But exclusion list is not new right?

What is the new thing about Accor Plus anyway? Is it the cause of Pullman Thamrin pulls out from Accor Plus? Anyway, this hotel only like 1 year in the family.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:40 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

Took awhile, but here is the reply:

I believe the members in Indonesia should have received an email on 29 May with the below content addressing the recent change. There should be no change to other hotels.

“We are writing to advise you of a recent change to your membership benefits at the Pullman Jakarta in Indonesia and understand that you may have received an email from the hotel on this topic.

Accor Hotels management are currently in discussion with the hotel owners of the Pullman Jakarta in Indonesia to align on the scope of their future business partnership.  During this time, and until further notice, the Pullman Jakarta Indonesia will not be a participating hotel of the Accor Plus program and your member benefits will not be available at this hotel.

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that, as a member of the Accor Plus program, you have access to over 600 hotels and 800 restaurants across 17 countries in Asia Pacific – including over 80 hotels in Indonesia - where you can continue to enjoy your benefits.  To learn more about your benefits, the latest offers and participating hotels please visit our member website www.accorplus.com.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Took awhile, but here is the reply:

I believe the members in Indonesia should have received an email on 29 May with the below content addressing the recent change. There should be no change to other hotels.

“We are writing to advise you of a recent change to your membership benefits at the Pullman Jakarta in Indonesia and understand that you may have received an email from the hotel on this topic.

Accor Hotels management are currently in discussion with the hotel owners of the Pullman Jakarta in Indonesia to align on the scope of their future business partnership.. During this time, and until further notice, the Pullman Jakarta Indonesia will not be a participating hotel of the Accor Plus program and your member benefits will not be available at this hotel.

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that, as a member of the Accor Plus program, you have access to over 600 hotels and 800 restaurants across 17 countries in Asia Pacific – including over 80 hotels in Indonesia - where you can continue to enjoy your benefits.. To learn more about your benefits, the latest offers and participating hotels please visit our member website www.accorplus.com.
Sounds to me standard reply. Anyway even Sofitel So Singapore cannot use dining privi for lunch ;(
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:56 am

Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

I guess Singapore office didn't have more info. But at least it seems there is "a problem" and they are trying to work on it. I was under the impression they were simply removing the benefits just because they felt like it.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Stayed there three nights last weekend. This is a business hotel but with some very nice features: great gym, great pool, and a new nice executive lounge for Platinum members. I was upgraded to a beautiful 2-room grande de luxe room.
Exec lounge has very high quality food options, plus a la carte hot items, decent service, and nice happy hour 6-8pm.
I realize they offered breakfast and drinks at their lobby - area outlets before, so a club lounge could be a downgrade, but I'm impressed with the quality of the Lounge so far.
Superb location across he street from two huge shopping malls and also a block from the Busway to the Kota old town.
Private sale rate was US$67 per night for weekend stay!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:12 am

Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

Great to see the lounge finally in operation.
I guess you would also have access to the main restaurant for breakfast if you opted to.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I guess you would also have access to the main restaurant for breakfast if you opted to.
I didn't ask, but the wording on the welcome letter didnt mention the main restaurant or the former places where one could take happy hour (the bar) or coffee (Chocolat)
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by lingua101
Quote:
Sounds to me standard reply. Anyway even Sofitel So Singapore cannot use dining privi for lunch ;(
So it's just dinner and breakfast ? Is it still one eat for free kind of arrangement? Some Sofitels just give 20% discount regardless of no. of people dining.

Last edited by RJ77; Jun 23, 2015 at 9:58 am
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I didn't ask, but the wording on the welcome letter didnt mention the main restaurant or the former places where one could take happy hour (the bar) or coffee (Chocolat)
That's quite normal. They don't always mention it, but you can always ask. But certainly just referring to breakfast.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

hmmm dilemma. should i book Pullman Thamrin. Today is the last day of the sale
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA gold CX Diamond KLM Platinum
Always had free breakfast at the lobby as a Plat last few times I visited.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by gandiabob
Always had free breakfast at the lobby as a Plat last few times I visited.
If you haven't visited since June 3 then it might be different for Platinums. The welcome letter doesn't mention anything about the three first floor places that the OLD platinum welcome letter did: Chocolat for coffees, the bar whose name I can't remember, and the full restaurant. It only ,enticing the Exec Lounge, which opened June 3rd.
If someone stays there soon and asks, which I didn't, (sorry!) then we will know.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Is this sale still going on? How do you access it?

I have Platinum with IGH and no status with Accor. Do you think this this Pullman will match status?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
Is this sale still going on? How do you access it?

I have Platinum with IGH and no status with Accor. Do you think this this Pullman will match status?
The sale ended on the 26th June.
As far as I'm aware Accor doesnt do status matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.