Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:29 am

Caution for this hotel since they changed to new management.

First of all, NO Accor Plus benefits anymore.

Secondly, they pulled out their magic wand to create a new level of room but pricewise only : Premium superior which is nothing more than the old superior room with "view" (which in Jakarta, does not say a lot). This room is priced higher than other similarly sized superior rooms and for Leclub members entitled for an upgrade, this means no more upgrade to deluxe.

This hotel used to be my favorite in Jakarta but now with the new, "colder" management, time for me to move my business to Pullman Central Park or other chains.

P.S. Does anyone know when Sofitel So Jakarta will be opened ?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by batosai

Secondly, they pulled out their magic wand to create a new level of room but pricewise only : Premium superior which is nothing more than the old superior room with "view" (which in Jakarta, does not say a lot). This room is priced higher than other similarly sized superior rooms and for Leclub members entitled for an upgrade, this means no more upgrade to deluxe.

This hotel used to be my favorite in Jakarta but now with the new, "colder" management, time for me to move my business to Pullman Central Park or other chains.

Thanks for this update. Another reason to stick to the Pullman CP.

So Sofitel was planned for 2018. Depends on when the building construction is done for the entire complex ("The Hundered").
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

OMG, this hotel seems getting cheap. I think Premium Superior has been there for few months. I remember when I stayed in early April, I did write to the GM asking does it mean as a Platinum, will I be upgraded only to Premium Superior if I book Superior instead of Deluxe. He said normally they will accommodate. He ended up upgrade me to Grand Deluxe room.

I have a prepaid booking with them on 7-9 Aug. May be I should send him an email and see what he will say.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
OMG, this hotel seems getting cheap. I think Premium Superior has been there for few months. I remember when I stayed in early April, I did write to the GM asking does it mean as a Platinum, will I be upgraded only to Premium Superior if I book Superior instead of Deluxe. He said normally they will accommodate. He ended up upgrade me to Grand Deluxe room.

I have a prepaid booking with them on 7-9 Aug. May be I should send him an email and see what he will say.
I was trying to send email to the GM, but the email bounced back.
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

xxxxxx xxxxxxx - PULLMAN Jakarta Indonesia GM ([email protected])
The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
It seems batosai is correct. There is a change of management. Trying to get the new GM email some how. I had a prepaid booking for 7-9 Aug, so quite worry about this. May be my last stay in this property.

I have a feeling this property will soon exit Accor.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:48 pm

The previous management was generous towards upgrades, but this new management is strict about it.

Superior room can only be upgraded to Premium Superior. To upgrade to Deluxe, they upsell it for IDR 500k++. For Grand Deluxe, it's 600k++.

I find menu at the new Lounge very disappointing.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:01 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Jakarta Thamrin

Just some data points.
Philippe is back in Bangkok now managing the Millennium Sukhumvit (accor).
The new GM is Alexander Poindl who has a long history with Accor too.
Past postings were: Novotel Bali Benoa, Novotel Bogor, Sofitel Vienna (5 yr), Mercure Graz and Mercure Wien. 21 yrs with Accor now.

I think we also have to remember that with no lounge available until recently, the double upgrade was also a form of compensation.
And I don't think this hotel is leaving Accor. You wouldn't bring in a Accor veteran to run a hotel that is leaving the group. Probably more a revenue management case in my opinion.

If you know Philippes' Accor email address you should be able to figure out Mr Poindls' too.

Last edited by gilbertaue; Jul 16, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Just some data points.
Philippe is back in Bangkok now managing the Millennium Sukhumvit (accor).
The new GM is Alexander Poindl who has a long history with Accor too.
Past postings were: Novotel Bali Benoa, Novotel Bogor, Sofitel Vienna (5 yr), Mercure Graz and Mercure Wien. 21 yrs with Accor now.

I think we also have to remember that with no lounge available until recently, the double upgrade was also a form of compensation.
And I don't think this hotel is leaving Accor. You wouldn't bring in a Accor veteran to run a hotel that is leaving the group. Probably more a revenue management case in my opinion.

If you know Philippes' Accor email address you should be able to figure out Mr Poindls' too.
Yeah I notice that also. My friend met the GM of Pullman Thamrin. He said the GM was rather unhappy with the hotel.

Alex seems following Phillipe path. Phillipe was Novotel Benoa's GM also.

I think upgrading Superior to Premium Superior is not really an upgrade, as technically it is the same room. Also this preium Superior was only introduce recently. Hence I think getting an upgrade to Deluxe is reasonable expectation.

Well I am waiting for the official reply to get the new GM email probably only next week, since Indo is on long holiday now.

Why I am speculating that this property may leave Accor? Firstly because they are not accepting Aclub Plus anymore and now they are controlling upgrade like crazy. Dunno what else they will do next. Sounds to me the owner is getting very calculative now.

If they do not upgrade me to Deluxe on my next trip, I will no longer say there and probably go back to Le Mer or pther new SPG properties that will open soon.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:17 am

I just checked out of Pullman Thamrin and I try to fish out information from the front desk officer by saying this, "I heard this hotel is leaving Accor."

She confirmed it, "How did you know that? Yes, we've been told so also."

Not 100% confirmation so do not burn the messenger, but I'm preparing myself if it happens. It seems very likely, as they have exited Accor Plus already. No reason doing that unless they plan to exit Accor altogether.

By the way, I am typing this at the Intercontinental Jakarta Club Lounge. Way, way, way better menu than Pullman Thamrin's new lounge. The tapas at Kemixtri were way better than what they offer in the new lounge.

Last edited by batosai; Jul 17, 2015 at 6:24 am
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

I just checked out of Pullman Thamrin and I try to fish out information from the front desk officer by saying this, "I heard this hotel is leaving Accor."

She confirmed it, "How did you know that? Yes, we've been told so also."

Not 100% confirmation so do not burn the messenger, but I'm preparing myself if it happens. It seems very likely, as they have exited Accor Plus already. No reason doing that unless they plan to exit Accor altogether.

By the way, I am typing this at the Intercontinental Jakarta Club Lounge. Way, way, way better menu than Pullman Thamrin's new lounge. The tapas at Kemixtri were way better than what they offer in the new lounge.
Serious. They were just with Accor for about 2 years I guess?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:39 am
Original Poster

This is the reply I got from the new Pullman Thamrin GM.

Please take note that you cannot have breakfast in the restaurant unless your room rate comes with it. I do not know why the hotel needs to really so strict about this. I have not found any hotel that only give the breakfast benefit for elite solely in lounge nowadays.

For the breakfast – actually the information I gave below was not 100% correct: Platinum guests can choose the breakfast in the lounge OR at Sana Sini when the rate is booked including breakfast. When the rate (as in your case the Super Sale Rate) is booked without breakfast, you are entitled to a complimentary breakfast in the Executive Lounge as one of the soft benefits of the Platinum status.

In your case for the next booking – as the room is booked without breakfast, we invite you for the complimentary breakfast in the lounge.

Now that the executive lounge is available and open please let me familiarize also the benefits for you as Platinum Guest (when eligible rate is booked):

- Access to the lounge during opening hours, breakfast (buffet, hot items upon order), coffee/tea during the day and happy hour with selection of alcoholic beverages and cocktails from 18.00-20.00 (this replaces the welcome drink voucher).

- When the room is booked for 2 persons the benefits for the lounge are for 2 persons, if booked for one then for 1 person.

- If the room is booked for 1 person only, Platinum members can bring in 1 person between 11.00 (after breakfast) and 18.00 (before the Happy Hour).

Please let me know if I may answer additional questions on our executive lounge.

Above regulations as per 2015, subject to change at any time without prior notice.
Also he has confirmed that if you book Superior room, you will get upgraded only to Premium Superior, unless you upgrade yourself to Premium Superior first

Upgrade for Platinum Card Holders: Please accept my apologies that the upgrades were not done correctly in the past. The next category from ‘Superior Room’ (21 sqm, Menteng view) is to the ‘Premium Superior Room’ category (25 sqm, Thamrin view), then Deluxe. The difference between Superior and Premium Superior for 2015 is IDR 100,000 per night (then an upgrade would be possible to the Deluxe category when rooms are available upon arrival. As you know, this upgrade cannot be requested or booked in advance).
Look like this GM is strictly by the book.

Just curious, since my room rate comes with breakfast, does it mean I can have breakfast at both place each day?

I have a feeling that my next stay will be the last stay at Pullman Thamrin, as I may go back to Le Meridien or newly open SPG properties.

Last edited by lingua101; Jul 21, 2015 at 6:05 am
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Any update on your last stay?
What upgrade did you get? And how was the lounge?

Thanks,

This is the reply I got from the new Pullman Thamrin GM.

Please take note that you cannot have breakfast in the restaurant unless your room rate comes with it. I do not know why the hotel needs to really so strict about this. I have not found any hotel that only give the breakfast benefit for elite solely in lounge nowadays.

Also he has confirmed that if you book Superior room, you will get upgraded only to Premium Superior, unless you upgrade yourself to Premium Superior first

Look like this GM is strictly by the book.

Just curious, since my room rate comes with breakfast, does it mean I can have breakfast at both place each day?

I have a feeling that my next stay will be the last stay at Pullman Thamrin, as I may go back to Le Meridien or newly open SPG properties.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomy77
Any update on your last stay?
What upgrade did you get? And how was the lounge?

Thanks,
Hi, sorry for not updating here...

Well as someone mentioned before, if you book Superior the upgrade is to Premium Superior. The check-in staff mentioned this and politely apologize and she mentioned also that some people does not think the upgrade is "worth". Hence they are offering an upgrade to Premium Superior for IDR 100,000 ++/night, hence I can get upgraded to Deluxe room to get "better" room.

For the lounge, the lay out is nice. The food is just so so. For the evening cocktail is ok, small snacks and finger foods. You can orders drinks.

However, the selection for breakfast is very poor in my opinion. Luckily my rate included breakfast.

Let me try to upload the pictures in my blog, hopefully by this week, as pictures worth a thousand words.

My verdict, if you can get cheap rate (for me below USD 100++) then can stay at this hotel. Otherwise, if you really have to stay Accor, may be can try Mercure Sabang (I haven't stayed there). Looks to me not bad option (location wise) with much cheaper rate.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

I have uploaded the pictures of the Pullman Jakarta Club lounge into my blog. Hope it will give some idea on the Club lounge
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the pictures and update.
I have some accor pts i need to burn, that's why i need to stay with Accor.

Rate for this pullman is $89++ for my date.
I'm also thinking about the new Grand Mercure Jakarta Kemayoran. Open Oct 1st according to website.
Rate much cheaper than this Pullman, and seems to have "Lounge" for afternoon cocktail (though not breakfast).

I have uploaded the pictures of the Pullman Jakarta Club lounge into my blog. Hope it will give some idea on the Club lounge
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomy77
Thanks for the pictures and update.
I have some accor pts i need to burn, that's why i need to stay with Accor.

Rate for this pullman is $89++ for my date.
I'm also thinking about the new Grand Mercure Jakarta Kemayoran. Open Oct 1st according to website.
Rate much cheaper than this Pullman, and seems to have "Lounge" for afternoon cocktail (though not breakfast).
USD89++? That's not bad rate.

As for Grand Mercure Jakarta Kemayoran, personally, I do not like the location, as it tends to be jam. But again really depend where is your business in Jakarta. It is at the old Jakarta airport area, hence near to Sunter and Kelapa Gading area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.