Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fims
I have not got suite upgrades there. I think the best what I have got is usually just corner room. But I have managed to negotiate suites at SO/ - but with negotiation, not automatically.
so did you book a standard room or a room with club access at Sofitel?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by BinSabai
so did you book a standard room or a room with club access at Sofitel?
Booked standard and managed to negotiate a Spa Suite
kevino, remymartin and BinSabai like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:53 am

Received this message from the hotel:

"Dear Mr. Joorinainen,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for your future stay in Bangkok, as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our service and facilities, we will be renovating the Hotel lobby from 24 September 2022.

The hotel entrance will be accessible from our alternate entrance and through our 3rd floor, connected skywalk. Check in lounge will be on 31st floor for all guests. Breakfast and All-day dining restaurant location will be temporary changed to our Belga Rooftop Bar & Brasseries on 32nd floor. Our Club Millesime guests breakfast will remain be served at Club Millesime together with afternoon tea and evening cocktails.

Our priority at Sofitel Bangkok is your satisfaction during your stay, if we can further clarify any points of concern please feel free to contact our team and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I replied and asked them how long the renovations are going to take place. I have an upcoming stay in early November so fingers crossed that they finish the renovations by then. I looked also alternate choices for my dates because i certainly don't want to be in the middle of a construction site on my holiday. Too bad the Bangkok hotel prices have gone up quite a lot from the moment i booked Sofitel which seems to be fully booked already for my dates.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Received this message from the hotel:

"Dear Mr. Joorinainen,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit for your future stay in Bangkok, as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our service and facilities, we will be renovating the Hotel lobby from 24 September 2022.

The hotel entrance will be accessible from our alternate entrance and through our 3rd floor, connected skywalk. Check in lounge will be on 31st floor for all guests. Breakfast and All-day dining restaurant location will be temporary changed to our Belga Rooftop Bar & Brasseries on 32nd floor. Our Club Millesime guests breakfast will remain be served at Club Millesime together with afternoon tea and evening cocktails.

Our priority at Sofitel Bangkok is your satisfaction during your stay, if we can further clarify any points of concern please feel free to contact our team and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I replied and asked them how long the renovations are going to take place. I have an upcoming stay in early November so fingers crossed that they finish the renovations by then. I looked also alternate choices for my dates because i certainly don't want to be in the middle of a construction site on my holiday. Too bad the Bangkok hotel prices have gone up quite a lot from the moment i booked Sofitel which seems to be fully booked already for my dates.
Without knowing the kind of renovation they are doing, it’s hard to guess, but I think it’s unlikely that it will be finished in one month.
kevino and joorinainen like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Without knowing the kind of renovation they are doing, it’s hard to guess, but I think it’s unlikely that it will be finished in one month.

Indeed.. you were correct! Received this reply from the hotel:

"Dear Mr. Joorinainen,

Bonjour! Greeting from Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit!

The whole work scope of our lobby renovation is planned to complete by end of March 2023 but our main front entrance which is part of our new lobby renovation is tentatively planned to complete by the end of December 2023.

In the meantime, should you require any further assistance please let us know."

I would say that the time they choose to renovate is maybe the worst. Very high demand after covid etc. They should have started during low demand covid times.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Indeed.. you were correct! Received this reply from the hotel:

"Dear Mr. Joorinainen,

Bonjour! Greeting from Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit!

The whole work scope of our lobby renovation is planned to complete by end of March 2023 but our main front entrance which is part of our new lobby renovation is tentatively planned to complete by the end of December 2023.

In the meantime, should you require any further assistance please let us know."

I would say that the time they choose to renovate is maybe the worst. Very high demand after covid etc. They should have started during low demand covid times.
You beat me to it. I wrote them and got the same message back. A bit crazy to do this over the very busy month of December!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
You beat me to it. I wrote them and got the same message back. A bit crazy to do this over the very busy month of December!
Are you going to keep your booking? Bit crazy that they are going to keep renovating the whole "high season" November to March and beyond. They could have done the whole renovation or a big part of it during COVID.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am glad I booked at the So for my next BKK stay
joorinainen likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:44 pm

Are you going to keep your booking? Bit crazy that they are going to keep renovating the whole "high season" November to March and beyond. They could have done the whole renovation or a big part of it during COVID.
I will probably keep my booking (150USD a night plus tax). I really like the area, plus the breakfast is awesome and I take full advantage of the club floor lounge during happy hour ;-) That being said, I've also booked a few nights at the Novotel on Soi 20 (also great breakfast, ok club floor, nice infinity pool and great rooftop bar) all for less than half the price of the Sofitel.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am glad I booked at the So for my next BKK stay
It's a nice hotel too. A bit quirky (not a fan of the uniforms, a bit too fantastical for my taste). Also, it's a desolate area for walking around in the evening.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
Absolutely enjoyed my stay here this summer. Spacious rooms and club Millésime was fantastic. Only downside was the absolute horde of prostitutes hanging out in front of the hotel at night.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ItsWowStyle
Absolutely enjoyed my stay here this summer. Spacious rooms and club Millésime was fantastic. Only downside was the absolute horde of prostitutes hanging out in front of the hotel at night.
How do they say.. "One mans trash is another mans treasure"
ItsWowStyle likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:18 am

they already started with the renovation of the pool when I was there early september...you could actually still use the pool, as they started with the area around the pool bar...
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
they already started with the renovation of the pool when I was there early september...you could actually still use the pool, as they started with the area around the pool bar...
Wait what?? So the renovation doesn't only include the lobby? If so the emails from the hotel are misleading. Wonder what else they start renovating
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 1:21 pm

Wait what?? So the renovation doesn't only include the lobby? If so the emails from the hotel are misleading. Wonder what else they start renovating
you should ask the hotel... when I was there, it was only the pool and as said, you could still use it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.