Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adagio Vs Adagio Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Adagio Vs Adagio Access

A couple of weeks ago I chose to stay at the Adagio Access Lyon Mermoz (ex-Citéa Lyon) instead of an Ibis, because it was a weekday and I wanted to get a few A|Club points, as it's been 9 months since the last ones I got.

After not receiving the points automatically, I submitted my claim online, and I got an e-mail letting me know that the Adagio Access brand doesn't participate in the A|Club programme.

I'd never heard of this Access sub-brand (I actually thought that "Access" meant that the property was on the Mermoz road, which gives access to the Lyon city centre). So what's the difference between Adagio and Adagio Access??
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by josmon10
So what's the difference between Adagio and Adagio Access??
even the official website doesn't really make it clear: http://www.adagio-city.com/gb/aparthotel/concept.shtml
seems like access is in the suburbs whereas the initial adagio is located centrally.

i would try again as there is no restriction mentioned for point collection at adagio.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: KiwiCollection VIP, A|Club Plat, HH Gold
it is stated many times in the A|Club Terms and Conditions, that ALL "Adagio Access" and "Ibis Budget" do NOT participate in the A|Club program.

http://www.a-club.com/en/terms-and-conditions.pdf
(on page 2, "3. HOTELS PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM")

and also in the Exception List

http://www.a-club.com/en/hotels_exceptions.pdf

From my understanding Adagio Access is even less "luxurious" than Adagio. Same accounts for Ibis Budget, being an even more elementary and cheaper version of Ibis,... more like a Motel than a Hotel.

Last edited by CL63; Feb 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by CL63
it is stated many times in the A|Club Terms and Conditions, that ALL "Adagio Access" and "Ibis Budget" do NOT participate in the A|Club program.
I only found out about it after their e-mail. After all it's not clear at all in the place one checks to know whether a hotel participates in the programme or not:

http://www.a-club.com/en/earn-points.html

Like a said, I thought that "Access" was part of the name of that particular aparthotel. I guess it's a beginner's blunder...

From my understanding Adagio Access is even less "luxurious" than Adagio. Same accounts for Ibis Budget, being an even more elementary and cheaper version of Ibis,... more like a Motel than a Hotel.
I haven't stayed at any other Adagio, but the Access I stayed at was pretty old and elementary. I thought it was because it hadn't undergone any refurbishment yet, after Accor bought Citéa, but maybe they're meant to be like that.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: KiwiCollection VIP, A|Club Plat, HH Gold
Apologies,... just saw that you thought "Access" would only be part of the name.

In fact "Adagio Access" is a seperate brand as you can see in Accor's brand portfolio below.

"Adagio Access" and "Ibis Budget" (including "Etap" and "Hotel Formule 1", which will be rebranded to Ibis Budget) are not part of the A|Club program.

However, what confuses me is, whether the regional brands (Grand Mercure, hotelF1, motel6, studio6) are part of the program, as they are not mentioned anywhere in the terms & conditions. Especially for the Grand Mercure properties this would be interesting to know.

Last edited by CL63; Feb 1, 2012 at 10:57 pm
Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:53 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi,

I can confirm that Grand Mercure is indeed part of the A|Club program, while hotelF1, Motel6 and Studio6 are not.

Hope this helps!

Christopher

Apologies,... just saw that you thought "Access" would only be part of the name.

In fact "Adagio Access" is a seperate brand as you can see in Accor's brand portfolio below.

"Adagio Access" and "Ibis Budget" (including "Etap" and "Hotel Formule 1", which will be rebranded to Ibis Budget) are not part of the A|Club program.

However, what confuses me is, whether the regional brands (Grand Mercure, hotelF1, motel6, studio6) are part of the program, as they are not mentioned anywhere in the terms & conditions. Especially for the Grand Mercure properties this would be interesting to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.