Wiki Posts
Search

Accor summer deals (only F1 and Etap)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Accor summer deals (only F1 and Etap)

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promot...-lowcost.shtml
not a fantastic promo but maybe useful for someone.....
Old May 3, 2011, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by zboub345
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/promot...-lowcost.shtml
not a fantastic promo but maybe useful for someone.....
Seeing some $55/nt rooms at ETAP in the 18th arr in Paris. How are ETAP's I've never stayed at one.
Cheers
Howie
Old May 3, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Stayed at a F1 near BRU... bleh. Never again! Felt worse than a hostel, rooms reeked of smoke, one power outlet in the room. (bathrooms in the hall obviously) Never again! I'd rather do a private room at a good hostel or even a shared room at a hostel than an F1!

Don't know about anything about Etaps.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Most of them...
Originally Posted by Palal
Stayed at a F1 near BRU... bleh. Never again! Felt worse than a hostel, rooms reeked of smoke, one power outlet in the room. (bathrooms in the hall obviously) Never again! I'd rather do a private room at a good hostel or even a shared room at a hostel than an F1!

Don't know about anything about Etaps.
Must have been the same one I stayed at a few years ago - or was it the BRU Ibis? Anyway it was a room made of one piece of moulded plastic, with [also plastic] bathrooms in the hall.

On the other hand, I have found myself in a Novotel not worth more than motel status (in France near the Swiss border). Imagine my disappointment, having stayed in such upmarket Novotels as the Hong Kong Citygate.

So I guess the conclusion is that you can never be sure what you will get from an Accor hotel.
Old May 4, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
They both remind me of college dorms...
but they are cheap...and IIRC college dorm was fun.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Toli
So I guess the conclusion is that you can never be sure what you will get from an Accor hotel.
And that's the problem really, isn't it?
Old May 5, 2011, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Toli

You can have an idea by doing your homeworks (trip advisor, FT ........)
Old May 5, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by camsean
And that's the problem really, isn't it?
Absolutely.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by zboub345
You can have an idea by doing your homeworks (trip advisor, FT ........)
Well, yes... It's just that major chain hotels are the last I'd check beforehand.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:29 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Both of those are economy and I mean economy hotels, I believe not for the faint-hearted

Don't mind that we don't get perks at those, nothing could entice me to try any of them
Old May 6, 2011, 6:13 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
How are ETAP's I've never stayed at one.
Hello,

Here are some pictures and info about Etap Hotel rooms.
http://www.etaphotel.com/gb/discover...el/index.shtml
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8.195534409134

All Etap Hotel rooms have private bathroom and toilet. If you want to visit Paris, it's more inconvenient to stay in the very center of Paris (1st to 8th district) or at the 12h, 14th, 15th districts. The 18th district is OK but the only popular attraction is Montmartre.

Dieu Anh
Old May 6, 2011, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The pictures are quite realistic, one thing I don't like Etap is the pricing - the price are based on 1 person, so if you are 2 or 3 sharing room you pay extra. Of course this is just something you take into account.

With the system of the hotel I can easily imagine people book for 1 and 3 staying in a room because some Etap hotels don't have 24 hours reception. You get a code after you pay at a machine during check in and that code is the key to the room.

A smart system but I still think it's too expensive for what you get. I'd give it a pass unless I really need a room and that's the only one.
Old May 13, 2011, 9:35 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by nacho
The pictures are quite realistic, one thing I don't like Etap is the pricing - the price are based on 1 person, so if you are 2 or 3 sharing room you pay extra.
Hello,

There must be some misunderstanding. The rates you see on Etap or Accorhotels websites apply to 1 room, 1 night and for 1, 2 or 3 people.
Extra costs only apply if you want to have breakfast in the hotel (4,7€/person in general).

You can also earn A|Club points in Etap Hotel - as Etap Hotel France is part of the Mouvango network - but only in France and during the weekend.

Regards,
Dieu Anh
Old May 14, 2011, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Both of those are economy and I mean economy hotels, I believe not for the faint-hearted

Don't mind that we don't get perks at those, nothing could entice me to try any of them
I admit that I sometimes stay in Etap hotels, when I'm traveling on my own expenses... (My favorite life saver being the one in Antwerp, Belgium, next to the train station, when all hotels in Brussels are ridiculously expensive because of some European summit.)

But Etap is about the lowest that I am willing to go (they at least offer a shower and toilet in the room). The day that I am forced to sleep in a F1 hotel I'll retire...
Old May 14, 2011, 3:45 pm

I too sometimes go with an ETAP if there is a trade show or big conference in a city. When I was younger I also stayed at F1s in France a few times.

I like the concept and I also like the new room upgrades. The finishings of the new rooms are much better and the bathroom is no longer a one mould plastic piece, but rather a real bathroom (toilet and shower seperate) with GROHE fittings.

What is anoying, but a simple fact of the ETAP brand, are the construction workers, who stay at the hotels and who get up at 5AM with lots of noice.

I don't understand though why ACCOR does not include F1 and ETAP in the A|Club program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.