Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor ignoring customer e-mails

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 2:47 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by fumo
i just sent an email. it says on the website that i can expect a reply within 48 hours.
the bold is the operative part in this sentence

It reminds me of the saying " Always expect the unexpected "
Old May 23, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Ignoring e-mails / hopeless call centre

I just e-mailed the A-Club customer service regarding a technical issue on the website.

There was an error message (code 2000, then 2001) coming up when I tried to find out the rates of the Veranda Hua Hin. This only occured when I tried to get the rates with my Advantage Plus card.

I did get a prompt response from A-Club but as usual, it wasn't helpful. They told me to contact Advantage Plus in Australia or New Zealand when I live in Hong Kong. No e-mail mentioned. And besides, why couldn't they forward the technical issue to the correct department themselves and let me know? Absolutely no responsibility. I don't have time to chase up a technical problem on the Accor website and I'm certainly not going to waste my money calling Australia.

While i'm on the issue of calling, it was practically IMPOSSIBLE last time to modify a reservation using the call centre (we can't do it online so I had to call). I called several numbers but in Hong Kong, they only offer a cantonese and putonghua option. Even McDonalds has an English option and given that English is an official language here, I am amazed that they don't have an English option. So, I had to contact the hotel directly (overseas), which incurred a hefty phone bill.

Perhaps the Accor Concierge can bring up these issues. I certainly won't be making a reservation for the hotel I wanted to because 1) I can't access the rates on the website and 2) the call centre only has Chinese options. Not exactly easy is it.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello,
Please allow them maximum 2 weeks to get back to you.
If it's urgent, please contact our customer service by phone : http://www.a-club.com/en/phone-contact.html

Thank you!

Dieu Anh
Thanks for the heads-up. Now I have 6 more days to wait for that email.
Old May 23, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Yup - pathetic.
Old May 24, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks for the heads-up. Now I have 6 more days to wait for that email.
Amen
Old May 24, 2011, 4:05 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I just e-mailed the A-Club customer service regarding a technical issue on the website.
Hello,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Things are more complex than that, Advantage Plus and A|Club are two different programs, therefore there are two different customer service teams. Can you please tell me on which website did you see the error message? www.accorhotels.com? I have tested on accorhotels.com with an Advantage Plus card and it works fine for me :-s Have you tried with another browser ?

Concerning the call center in Hong Kong, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will transfer your suggestion to the concerned department. Next time, if you want to contact the hotel, you can send them directly an e-mail. Email addresses can be found on accorhotels' website (www.accorhotels.com)

Here is Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai's email address: rsvn-chiangmai[at]verandaresortandspa[dot]com

Best regards.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Hi Dieu Anh

I think yorkboy24 is looking for Veranda Resort And Spa Hua Hin - Cha Am instead of Veranda Chiang Mai The High Resort.

Ops....

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Things are more complex than that, Advantage Plus and A|Club are two different programs, therefore there are two different customer service teams. Can you please tell me on which website did you see the error message? www.accorhotels.com? I have tested on accorhotels.com with an Advantage Plus card and it works fine for me :-s Have you tried with another browser ?

Concerning the call center in Hong Kong, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will transfer your suggestion to the concerned department. Next time, if you want to contact the hotel, you can send them directly an e-mail. Email addresses can be found on accorhotels' website (www.accorhotels.com)

Here is Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai's email address: rsvn-chiangmai[at]verandaresortandspa[dot]com

Best regards.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by yauee
Hi Dieu Anh

I think yorkboy24 is looking for Veranda Resort And Spa Hua Hin - Cha Am instead of Veranda Chiang Mai The High Resort.

Ops....
Thank you very much, yauee!

My mistake. Indeed, I copied/pasted the wrong name + email address

Here is the right email address : rsvn[at]verandaresortandspa[dot]com
Veranda Resort and Spa Hua Hin Cha Am
Tel. (+66)32/709000
Fax. (+66)32/451471
Old May 26, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the info.

I've just tried it again. This is what I did:

Logged in at www.a-club.com using my A Club number.
Clicked on Reservations
Inputted the information (Hua Hin, dates etc) and also added my Advantage Plus number in the loyalty card box.
The next screen was the Advantage Plus screen asking if I want to use my free night. I click no and then continue.
3 hotel options come up for Hua Hin with the average price per night. I click on Verandah.
I get the error code:

UNKNOWN KEY

Code technique : [2100-0]

If I logged in through the A-Club website then surely A-Club should take responsibility for it or at least pass on the technical issue for me. I don't have time to go chasing other people's problems. I would prefer to see if there are any special offers online (and know what I am getting) rather than contact the hotel directly. I've had experiences of contacting the hotel directly in Thailand before and it's a real waiting game (Novotel Rayong, for example).
Old May 26, 2011, 6:02 am

Hello yorkboy24,

Can you please send me your A|Club + Advantage Plus card numbers through private message? I will report this bug to the concerned team. What browser are you using?

Thank you!
Dieu Anh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.