Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Le Club property in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Book, Deluxe at Pullman and you should get upgraded to Exec. room with full club benefits.
Is this still true at Pullman BKK for A Club Gold members?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Is this still true at Pullman BKK for A Club Gold members?
I was upgraded to an Executive room from a Deluxe room but without club lounge access. It's at the discretion of the hotel I suppose.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:03 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Same experience here as Gold. Upgrade to Executive Room but no club access. Had to shell out 1500 THB for access for wife and I. In hindsight, not worth it IMHO.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Same experience here as Gold. Upgrade to Executive Room but no club access. Had to shell out 1500 THB for access for wife and I. In hindsight, not worth it IMHO.
In earlier posts on this thread, the upgrade from deluxe to executive rooms included club access. If the hotel does not include club access now, I agree that it's not worth reserving a deluxe room (as opposed to superior) for the one-level upgrade. What are the additional benfits of deluxe rooms - aren't they the same size as superior ones anyway?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
The price difference between Deluxe and an Executive room is not more than 1500 baht, you might be better off booking an Executive room outright which entitles you lounge access anyway.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
OK, so after reading these responses, and various reviews (on this site and other more generic travel sites), I booked... Sofitel Silom and Pullman Kingpower and Hotel Vie (they all sounded too good, especially with the different specials and bargain prices for them recently). I might also try to squeeze in a night at Muse near the end of the trip if I get another night in Bangkok. Thank you FlyerTalk.

Last edited by tolchok; Nov 29, 2011 at 7:12 am Reason: changed to plural "these responses"
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Thoughts on Accor property in Bangkok?

I have a couple of weeks in Thailand in June, and at least 3 nights will be spent in Bangkok. The soon-to-be-erstwhile Sofitel Silom looked like a great value, and I'm now wondering whether y'all think it will remain a great value as a Pullman G (whatever "G" means). Price-wise, it's very tempting. It would cost about $85 a/i per night for the Pullman Bangkok, on the pre-paid "stay 3, pay for 2" rate.

The Sofitel So Bangkok (which looks fantastic) will have been open for almost 4 months by then, and would cost about double the Pullman G.

What advice do you have in considering these two properties, and is there another Accor property that I should think about? I noticed the recent reviews of the Hotel Muse, which seems to be somewhere between the other two in terms of price. I have learned a lot from the reviews and trip reports posted here, so I appreciate any advice you might offer. Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:40 am

If you really don't mind , try 2 hotels for the 3 nights and do include Sofitel So, their theme rooms should wow you, and don't forget about the Mac Mini=p
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by b8brooks
I have a couple of weeks in Thailand in June, and at least 3 nights will be spent in Bangkok. The soon-to-be-erstwhile Sofitel Silom looked like a great value, and I'm now wondering whether y'all think it will remain a great value as a Pullman G (whatever "G" means). Price-wise, it's very tempting. It would cost about $85 a/i per night for the Pullman Bangkok, on the pre-paid "stay 3, pay for 2" rate.

The Sofitel So Bangkok (which looks fantastic) will have been open for almost 4 months by then, and would cost about double the Pullman G.

What advice do you have in considering these two properties, and is there another Accor property that I should think about? I noticed the recent reviews of the Hotel Muse, which seems to be somewhere between the other two in terms of price. I have learned a lot from the reviews and trip reports posted here, so I appreciate any advice you might offer. Thank you!
Check: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-5213...12/index.shtml
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by joorinainen
looks really good
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by schauschun
looks really good
Sure does. Great location. Will probably test this property in May. Have to see the information and pictures about the pool first. There is great value hotels nearby and it seems that Sofitel have priced themselves a bit higher.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:03 am

i would go with the sofitel
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:00 am

i have stayed twice at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and both times we were upgraded to platinum suite without asking. great service as well
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Upgraded at the VIE Hotel to a Suite last week.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by MCruler
i would go with the sofitel
Which Sofitel in Bangkok? Now, with the 40 - 50% off sale, I'm considering the Pullman King Power. Enticing prices.

Thanks for all the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.