Wiki Posts
Search

Which Le Club property in BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Which Le Club property in BKK?

Hi there, I have the choice between Pullman King Power and Sofitel Silom. Which one would you choose as a a|plat, and why?

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KL803
Hi there, I have the choice between Pullman King Power and Sofitel Silom. Which one would you choose as a a|plat, and why?

Thanks!
Definitely the Sofitel Silom. Check out the link for the property and you'll find the answer. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...kok-silom.html
Old Feb 12, 2011, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Definitely the Sofitel Silom. Check out the link for the property and you'll find the answer. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...kok-silom.html
+1 ^
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I would veer towards Sofitel Silom as well. Just a little classier and cosier hotel than Pullman. That's not to say Pullman is bad, it's a very nice hotel but a tad big and impersonal. Other than that the pool is better at Pullman.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
The Grand Sukhumvit Bangkok managed by Accor always upgraded me to a (small) corner suite, even when I had a third party booking ... but they don't have an executive lounge if that's important for you ... and they'll probably will participate at the next asia sales promotions (if there's any) which will give you a rate around 2.000 THB per night, while the Sofitel Silom won't
Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:31 pm

VIE - though they don't have a club floor you could get upgraded to but the hotel is just amazing...
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your inputs, sounds like the Silom could be the winner as it has the same rate as the VIE and is slightly cheaper than the Grand Sukumvhit. Whar do you think, how good are my chances of an upgrade from the luxury room to a club room?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Whar do you think, how good are my chances of an upgrade from the luxury room to a club room?
If they have a club room available, your chances are good. The difference is not so much on the rooms (they're no different) but the club lounge access. Come to think of it, last I stayed a year ago , the TV set was still the old CRT type, if that matters to you.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Just came back from Sofitel Silom Bangkok.

They will definitely upgrade you 1 level higher as their commitment.

Had equal stay experience for both the hotel.

Both the staff at the club floor(Sofitel) / Executive floor(Pullman) are friendly. Pullman staff can remember me. :-)

Room wise (under same category) Pullman will be newer.

Accessibility Sofitel will be better than Pullman

Yet to have any experience at VIE seems like their room are the same as Pullman and cheaper.

As long as you are not stay in Novotel or Mercure you will be recognize as they strictly follow the terms the benefit are only for Sofitel, Pullman & McGallery property entitle or the benefit.

Whereas you can still get the recognition from Ibis/All Season where upgrade are available/Breakfast complementary or Both.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Thanks for your inputs, sounds like the Silom could be the winner as it has the same rate as the VIE and is slightly cheaper than the Grand Sukumvhit. Whar do you think, how good are my chances of an upgrade from the luxury room to a club room?
At sofitel luxury room and a club room are the same only the floor level are different and the access to the club.

Notice a couple who pay upgrade (overheard the conversation) from luxury room to club room who eventually spending around 8 hours each day at the club. :-)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:13 am
Original Poster

After reviewing your responses, I made a booking at the Sofitel Silom. Looking forward to it. I guess, there's no need to show my A|club card (I don't have one yet) upon checking in, right? As I made my reservation using my profile, my membership number is in the reservation and should reflect my platinum status, correct? Thanks again for your help.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:26 am

After reviewing your responses, I made a booking at the Sofitel Silom. Looking forward to it. I guess, there's no need to show my A|club card (I don't have one yet) upon checking in, right? As I made my reservation using my profile, my membership number is in the reservation and should reflect my platinum status, correct? Thanks again for your help.
Would suggest you to printout your A|club account just in case as they still prefer to see the actual card if possible as anyone can just provide the platinum number or share. Please be aware that the reservation and the front office are under different department so sometime information might missed.

If you book Luxury Room you can be upgrade to Luxury Room Club
If you book Luxury Room Club you can be upgrade to Prestige Suite Club
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by yauee

If you book Luxury Room you can be upgrade to Luxury Room Club
If you book Luxury Room Club you can be upgrade to Prestige Suite Club
If there is availability
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:56 am

If there is availability
Yeah, you are right!!!

That's why I put CAN BE instead of WILL BE.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:58 am
Original Poster

If there is availability
I hope, there will be ! First time in BKK, how busy is May? Will stay May 5-9. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.