Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Hong Kong Citygate

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markis10
Had an overnight stay checking out yesterday and enjoyed it very much. Having stayed at all three Novotel’s in Hong Kong in recent times, this hotel leaves the others for dead as a platinum. Was upgraded to a suite from base room and it was great, massive space, aircon that works and great views of the airport.

Locale is good, it’s not a great time soak to grab the MTR into Central and for the extra room for lower prices worthwhile. Agree the buffet needs work, good options but seems to be understaffed. Not sure the coffee was bad by Asian standards, seemed to be no different to the other hotels I stayed at as part of the trip.

Hotel didn’t take any pre authorisation for my stay (unlike Novotel Nathan Rd which took a pre auth then just did an online charge on checkout grrr) and was happy to provide late checkout of 4PM. Didn’t try the cocktail hours in the lounge, so no feedback there.

Overall a good choice, it’s a property that’s 11years old and needs work (like the light switch and lack of power points) but great value for Hong Kong.
Hi,

Would you recommend this property over the Pullman (if you tried it) ?

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Hi,

Thanks
You ask the question to Markis10, so I will let him give his opinion, but if I may give you mine
This Novotel and the Pullman are clearly not in the same category. The Pullman is nicer, more luxurious and is downtown, while the Novotel citygate is an airport hotel but also a very decent Novotel conveniently located near transportation system. The Pullman is usually significantly more expensive than the Novotel. I have never stayed at the Novotel Nathan Rd/Kowloon but I have stayed several times at the downtown Novotel Century. The Novotel citygate is much better IMO than the Century (larger rooms, better club lounge). But of course, location is different.
So it all depends where you want to go/to stay and how much you want to pay.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:14 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hi,

Thanks
I have never stayed at the Pullman, as he times I have been looking it has been 2x the Novotel’s in price, so,cannot really comment.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:10 am
Suspended

Thank you both for your advice.

Goldorak, your tips are of course always well appreciated.
Prices seem ok to me (I can redeem a A+ night which I find quite a good value) and I will only be there for two nights on leisure purposes so I guess I'd rather go downtown.
My flight will leave on 10am on a Monday, so I do not think I need to be that close to the airport to spare some time in bed

Thanks again
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you both for your advice.

Goldorak, your tips are of course always well appreciated.
Prices seem ok to me (I can redeem a A+ night which I find quite a good value) and I will only be there for two nights on leisure purposes so I guess I'd rather go downtown.
My flight will leave on 10am on a Monday, so I do not think I need to be that close to the airport to spare some time in bed

Thanks again
Enjoy the Pullman and we are looking forward to hear about your stay
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:12 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Really nice airport hotel

Novotel Citygate Hong Kong

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

51 Man Tung Road Tung Chung, HK

Really nice airport hotel (5 Photos)

I had one night stay at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong between flights and I was very satisfied with the hotel. 

Check In

I arrived early morning and got my room straight. There were no queues in the huge lobby. When I approached the front desk a friendly receptionist staffing Le Club counter waived to me with a smile. She checked my booking details quickly and sent me to the executive lounge for check-in. I felt myself welcomed.

I had booked a superior room when I still was a platinum member and received one level upgrade to an executive premium room lounge access included even as a gold. I don’t know why but I was thanked for being a platinum member. Vouchers for welcome drinks and breakfast were proactively given but I didn’t have time to use them.

Room

The executive premium room on the lounge floor was large and far away from typical, boring looking Novotel room. It felt more luxurious as the whole hotel. Bed was extremely comfy and two water bottles were on the house. Amenities also included Nespresso machine.

4_room1.jpg

3_room2.jpg

3_room3.jpg

Service

This is the best part of the hotel. Loyalty recognition was exemplary. Before my arrival I received an email explaining my loyalty benefits and informing me about a free airport shuttle.

Soon after getting into my room a phone rang. Someone from the front desk called asking how I liked the room and if there’s anything they can do to make my stay more comfortable. I was also asked whether I needed late check-out the next day.

Later, a welcome gift, three macarons and a bottle of sparkling water, was brought together with a welcome card.

gift.jpg

Dining

I only ate at the lounge. The selection was decent for Novotel. There were some canapés, cold cuts, cheese, desserts, fruits and very tasty crispy chicken. A bartender was mixing basic cocktails.

lounge1.jpg

Less than ten minutes away from the Hong Kong international airport and ~30 minutes metro ride to center, the location was pretty good. Free shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport operates every 15 minutes from 6am to almost midnight.

Overall

I really liked the hotel. It offered very good value for the ~110 euros I paid. The only negative thing was that the room smelled a bit musty and I would have liked to go to sauna but the hotel has none. I wouldn’t hesitate to book the hotel again for a short overnight.

Really nice airport hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Citygate Hong Kong?

No, thank you.
Yes
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Definitely a very recommendable Accor hotel in HK. Very good value for money.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: EK Skywards Silver, Sindbad Silver, Le Club Accor Gold, Flying Blue, IHG, Enrich
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm planning on staying for a couple of nights next month & am most interested in knowing what time they are likely to extend late checkout (currently Gold) up to?

I previously stayed here for 1 night 8 years ago & they were happy to extend until my requested 17:30 however, we'd like to checkout around 20:00 on the upcoming trip.

Paid late checkout until 17:00 is around 66% of another nights stay & I have considered that followed by requesting another 3 hours at the hotel in recognition of status. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by JDP1970
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm planning on staying for a couple of nights next month & am most interested in knowing what time they are likely to extend late checkout (currently Gold) up to?

I previously stayed here for 1 night 8 years ago & they were happy to extend until my requested 17:30 however, we'd like to checkout around 20:00 on the upcoming trip.

Paid late checkout until 17:00 is around 66% of another nights stay & I have considered that followed by requesting another 3 hours at the hotel in recognition of status. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
I stayed here as a Gold in November last year. I wanted a day room but their day room hours didn’t meet my requirements so I booked an overnight room - the most important thing for me was to have a room late until leaving for the airport. I arrived in the morning expecting to just drop my bags but my room was available which was an unexpected bonus, and I checked out early at 9pm.

Anyway, when I was finding out what was available and deciding what to book, I had a helpful email exchange with the hotel where I was requesting a day room. They couldn’t do a day room for the times I was requesting but in their proposal to me they offered me to book the room for the night before plus a late check out until 8pm at a charge of 64% of a nights stay. If you haven’t done so already email the hotel and see what they say about an 8pm check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.