Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Mara Safari Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks to all for the useful info! I may be in touch with specific questions down the line.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:00 am

Any Recent reviews about this Fairmont? If we have a free night certificate does this include a Safari?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Any Recent reviews about this Fairmont? If we have a free night certificate does this include a Safari?
Afaik the free night cert only covers accommodation - i.e. no park fees, no food/drinks and no game drives (which are all included with most rates). IIRC the additional cost per person per day is ~$200, but my information may be outdated, so please double-check with FPC.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks for sharing! Will be there next february and this helped a lot!!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Seems that there are GR/GD for this place for 109$ a night? Are people not going b'cause of ebola or just the heat?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Seems that there are GR/GD for this place for 109$ a night? Are people not going b'cause of ebola or just the heat?
This is pretty typical. Mara Safari seems to be in GRGD more months than it's not. They often have it for $99.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmenaker
That rate actually is pretty common. However, it should be noted that the rate does not include the park entrance fee, meals and game drives.

For 2 adults the cost per night would be closer to $600 all-in.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Headed there in 3 weeks and was curious about tipping. Is it expected following each service, at the stay's conclusion or not at all?

As an update, food is $90/day, park fee is $82/day, game drives $60/person/drive.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Headed there in 3 weeks and was curious about tipping. Is it expected following each service, at the stay's conclusion or not at all?

As an update, food is $90/day, park fee is $82/day, game drives $60/person/drive.
Thanks for the update!

You'll generally get the same personal butler and driver (and possibly tracker) for the duration of the stay and it's generaly customary to personally tip each of them at the end of the stay.

As for the other staff (housekeeping, severs), I believe there is an option to add a tip to your folio upon check-out which is shared among all staff.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thinking about going there this summer. Rates are around $600 per night. Does this include game drives? Some people have mentioned that the free night voucher only gives that and no drives or meals. So does the $600 per night rate cover meals too?

Has anyone taken a 2yr old with them here?

From NBO how long does it take to get to Ngerende airstrip?

How many nights are recommended?
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thinking about going there this summer. Rates are around $600 per night. Does this include game drives? Some people have mentioned that the free night voucher only gives that and no drives or meals. So does the $600 per night rate cover meals too?

Has anyone taken a 2yr old with them here?

From NBO how long does it take to get to Ngerende airstrip?

How many nights are recommended?
The rates published on the Fairmont website typically include two game drives per day and all meals, but not the park conservation fees.

Afaik the flight is < 1h and departs from the domestic airport (not NBO).

I have not stayed at this particular property, but I generally recommend spending ~4 days at a safari camp.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The rates published on the Fairmont website typically include two game drives per day and all meals, but not the park conservation fees.

Afaik the flight is < 1h and departs from the domestic airport (not NBO).

I have not stayed at this particular property, but I generally recommend spending ~4 days at a safari camp.
Thank you. Would you know if I can utilise a Plat Suite upgrade here?
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thank you. Would you know if I can utilise a Plat Suite upgrade here?
Unless I'm mistaken, there are no suites, so I assume the answer is no. However, I believe you can use a room upgrade cert to upgrade to a "Deluxe Tent".
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unless I'm mistaken, there are no suites, so I assume the answer is no. However, I believe you can use a room upgrade cert to upgrade to a "Deluxe Tent".
Thank you.

Has anyone taken their toddlers along with them here? I was going to take my 2 and 7 year old along with me. Naturally the younger one won't be allowed on game drives right? So do they provide baby sitting facilities?

How far are the game drives from the hotel?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't get a reply from kenya.reservations at fairmont.com Would anyone have another contact email for them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.