Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: VA Gold, BA Silver
Any idea how to get rates down for September, any special deals etc? Coming in around $399 for the most basic room at the moment, which makes me tempted to head into the city instead.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Any idea how to get rates down for September, any special deals etc? Coming in around $399 for the most basic room at the moment, which makes me tempted to head into the city instead.
The Fairmont YVR is the nicest airport hotel I´ve seen, but $399/night is just insane.

I´m not aware of any good promos right now, but the Fairmont YVR is regularly listed in the monthly Great Rates Great Dates promo (you need to sign up for the FPC newsletter). If the hotel is listed, it usually is in the $150-$200 range which is a good deal.

My advice would be to book a fully refundable rate and see whether a promo rate / decent advance purchase rate becomes available.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:50 am

That's great, I've signed up and will check it on thursday for any good deals. What you've suggested would be perfect, it's what the Fairmont in the city costs, which isn't as convenient.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
http://www.fairmont.com/vancouverairport/HotelPackages/

Hotel packages for YVR Fairmont.. I usually can get a pretty good rate whenever I'm staying there.. Sometimes there is a low cost promo.. I would also try www.hotelclub.com and their visa promo..
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
My advice would be to book a fully refundable rate and see whether a promo rate / decent advance purchase rate becomes available.
Agree. Hold something while holding out for something better.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
Agree. Hold something while holding out for something better.
Is there any point if I'm not going to take the hotel at that rate? I'll have a look tomorrow when the new rates come out.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Cubiscus
Is there any point if I'm not going to take the hotel at that rate? I'll have a look tomorrow when the new rates come out.
If you´re sure you don´t want the room at that rate, it of course doesn´t make sense to book it. In that case you may want to book a fully refundable rate at another hotel while waiting for the rates at the Fairmont to drop.

Btw, I wouldn´t get my hopes up about the GRGD this month, they are usually only valid for bookings over the next 2-3 months. I´d assume if there will be any good rates, they won´t be published before June/July.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Video of this hotel:

http://fairmont.clipps.tv/fva.html?e...va_gold_offer&
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:08 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

FAIRMONT VANCOUVER AIRPORT NAMED ONCE AGAIN AS BEST IN NORTH AMERICA
Hotel Recognized as Continent’s Best at World Airport Awards 2012

Vancouver, BC, April 19th, 2012 – The Fairmont Vancouver Airport has been named as winner of the “Best Airport Hotel in North America” title at the 2012 World Airport Awards held at the Passenger Terminal EXPO in Vienna, Austria. Continuing with its inaugural recognition of 2011, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport was ranked for the second year running as North America’s number one airport hotel. In addition, the hotel also was included in World’s Top 10 Airport Hotels list.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:36 pm

Stayed in it over the weekend (GRGD $159 rate)
It's really nice, overlooking the mountain and runway

Bathroom is huge (3 sections - shower, tub, toilet)

Too bad hotel is in the USA departure end, it's a LONG walk to International, and even LONGER to Canada domestic flight
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Stayed in it over the weekend (GRGD $159 rate)
It's really nice, overlooking the mountain and runway

Bathroom is huge (3 sections - shower, tub, toilet)

Too bad hotel is in the USA departure end, it's a LONG walk to International, and even LONGER to Canada domestic flight
The walk to US is at bottom of steps,right. 2-3 minutes for international and no more than 5 minutes to get to Canadian security/departure gates.
I was also there on 21st weekend . Was a very quiet terminal ,IMO
Old May 2, 2012, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
The walk to US is at bottom of steps,right. 2-3 minutes for international and no more than 5 minutes to get to Canadian security/departure gates.
I was also there on 21st weekend . Was a very quiet terminal ,IMO
You walk really fast then

It was a group of 8 adults for us, usual walking pace, and 5-10 mins to International, and another 5-10 to WestJet all the way at the end
with luggage and stroller, I think that's fair walking time

5 minutes from Fairmont to Domestic gate A... you'd really be running or fast walk
Although, YVR may still be shorter than YYZ (with some FAR gates)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Looking for some general directions to the Hotel upon arrival.

I'll be flying in during late December at ~11PM at night and just staying there until the morning when we rent a car and head up to Whistler.

We are flying from PDX to YVR on AS.

Do we exit immigration then look for the hotel or is it on the secure side as we get off the plane? To bad the Gold Floor is closed right now I could have used one of the Chase Certificates.

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Looking for some general directions to the Hotel upon arrival.

I'll be flying in during late December at ~11PM at night and just staying there until the morning when we rent a car and head up to Whistler.

We are flying from PDX to YVR on AS.

Do we exit immigration then look for the hotel or is it on the secure side as we get off the plane? To bad the Gold Floor is closed right now I could have used one of the Chase Certificates.

Thanks!
Google?

Here's the YVR map, and you'll see Fairmont in the middle right, by USA check-in. I don't believe it has a Secured side at all, so you have to "enter" Canada anyway. Look up your gate # to see how far of a walk
Welcome to Canada!!

http://www.yvr.ca/en/navigating-yvr/terminal-maps.aspx
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Do we exit immigration then look for the hotel
Yes, you do have to clear Customs and then walk to the hotel though luckily it's not far and all indoors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.