Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2001, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Exclamation The Fairmont Vancouver Airport

Will be staying at Fairmont at YVR Aug. 10-13, need info and hoping to get upgrade. I am Hyatt Diamond and this is my first stay at a Fairmont Hotel. How is this property?

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Aug 5, 2001, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
There was an old thread where someone reported on this hotel when it first opened. Here is the link to that thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/000400.html
Old Aug 5, 2001, 9:43 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
This is truly a wonderfully designed hotel. the rooms are comfortable and a modern layout (you'll see what I mean). Also no noise from the runways as triple glass.

We've stayed on both sides of hotel. One's not better than the other.(I think one runway is for arrivals, the other for departure). North side has the mountains in the background, but no Skyline from downtown buildings.

We have loved it. Room service was good. Restaurant staff professional, and quietly attentive. Great Chef (Rennie) has been a great asset, improving the breakfast buffet to include ordered items (eggs etc.) As Fairmont is known for it's failing freshness at the breakfast buffet, these cahnges were welcome. Dinner was Westcaost items. Delicious.

The check in is awkward as there is no front desk. 3 or 4 computer terminals in center of reception area. Always understaffed, the agents are helpful and polite, but hard to get their attention when ANYONE is checking in. The baggage porters are willing to help, but often ill equiped to handle certain requests or unfamilliar with answers. If you have needs once checked in, call the operator or CALL the front desk manager. A trip down or by the front desk when they are busy can be frustrating or a waste of time. Or call the Entree Gold desk (even if standard room) who are accustomed to taking more time.

As for upgrades, I read earlier that upon applying for Presidents Club, 2 upgrade certs in the mail are sent. I can't confirm, but woth looking into.
Old Aug 8, 2001, 6:33 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Introduces North America's First Hypoallergenic Hotel

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Introduces North America's First Hypoallergenic Hotel Floor

Vancouver, British Columbia, August 3, 2001 - The Fairmont Vancouver Airport (FVA) is the first hotel in North America to offer an entire floor of hypoallergenic guestrooms. All rooms on the hotel's 11th floor, 42 rooms in total, have been converted to hypoallergenic or low allergen content.

This initiative comes as a direct result of increasing guest demand, says Francis Parkinson, General Manager, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport. The number of requests to provide hypoallergenic pillows and comforters in guest rooms has been increasing in recent months and we saw an opportunity to take the next step and provide a much more comfortable environment for our guests.

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/n/s...ID=87185228725
Old Aug 9, 2001, 6:13 pm
Original Member

I've stayed at this property 8 times since it has opened, and in my view, the -01 rooms are the best... they are branded as "Fairmont Deluxe" rooms, which are the level up from a Standard room.

I should correct myself, Entree Gold rooms (Concierge floor) are the best, but as for regualr rooms, -01 are very nice and overlook the US Departures apron.

[This message has been edited by Fisch (edited 08-09-2001).]
Old Aug 11, 2001, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Ha! What a coincidence. I am staying at the property now- on the 9th floor with all of the dust. :O)

Great rooms, I would highly recommend these to anyone.
Old Aug 14, 2001, 9:24 pm

Hmmm. I thought the Sheraton Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia was the first hotel to make that claim, Back in 1999 I think
Just my 2 cents
Paul
Old Aug 16, 2001, 2:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
This is good news and I hope all other hotels follow suit. I just hate feather pillows.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 2:49 pm

Fairmont Vancouver Airport

My fiancee and I will be flying into Vancouver in early September to start our honeymoon. We will arrive late in the evening and plan on staying at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport for the first night. I have two rates that I am considering and was wondering if anyone could help.

1) Entree Gold Room with continental breakfast in the lounge for $225 CAD. Will be arriving too late to take advantage of the hors d'oeuvres.

2) Fairmont Room with full buffet breakfast for $189 CAD, with a potential upgrade to the deluxe room using a Presidents Club certificate.

Is there enough of a difference between the Fairmont or deluxe rooms and the Entree Gold rooms to justify the higher price? How is the continental breakfast in the lounge?

Any help is appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
I've never stayed at the Vancouver Airport but based on my stays at other Fairmonts, I'd go for the Fairmont Room in this case.

I really like the Entree Gold floor when I'm in a city for a few days because the concierges are usually really helpful. If I wasn't planning on using that service I'd stay in a regular room. I find all the rooms to be of a very high standard, so I don't think you'll be disappointed with the "basic" room.

Also, you stand a good chance of getting an upgraded room with the certificate, probably even a better chance if you let them know it's your honeymoon!

I prefer a full cooked breakfast to a continental, but my wife is always happy with what they have in the lounges.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
Also, have you gone through all their packages on the web site? For $239 you can get their "Romance takes flight" package which gives you:

One night accommodation in one of our elegant soundproof rooms
Turndown service
Long stem red roses to add romance
Chocolate-dipped strawberries to add sweetness
Deluxe full breakfast for two in our renowned Globe@YVR restaurant
''Return For Romance'' Gift Certificate offering a special return stay rate

I'm not sure if the "soundproof room" is for the guests or the planes.
Old Apr 17, 2002, 8:18 pm
Original Member

I have stayed in Fairmont, Fairmont Deluxe, Pacific Premiere and Entree Gold rooms here, and the Fairmont Deluxe rooms are nearly twice the size of the Entree Gold.

The main thing you are paying for with Entree Gold is the access to the private lounge, the concierge service and the name Entree Gold. If it were me, I would go for the Dexlue.

As well, of you call 1-800-HELLO-BC, they will likely be able to offer you a discounted rate at the Fairmont YVR.
Old Apr 18, 2002, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. We have chosen the Fairmont room with the full breakfast and will take our chances with the upgrade to the Deluxe room. Since we are just spending the night before moving on, it does not make sense to go with the higher rate. Thanks again.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 6:53 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
My husband is staying here for business. Any comments on the property?

Any bonuses for anyone if he signs up for the President Club?
Old Jul 24, 2002, 3:07 pm

I don't know about the referrals, but you may want to try to sign him up in time to receive the welcome packet. It can take several weeks to come, but it includes two upgrade certs. If his stay is soon, email me and I'll send you one. My wife just received her packet and doesn't need the upgrades (a very generous Fter sent me two prior to my recent family stay). We didn't get the upgraded rooms because the hotel was full. However, even the basic rooms are great at this very nice hotel. It was a perfect place to wind down after a two week cruise/tour before flying home to DCA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.