FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Voting Completed - Motion Failed) Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:30 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Spiff
Well darn it, where is my forum for Bob's Pretty Good Cropduster? How about a forum for The Goodyear Blimp and Other Dirigibles?

Further fragmentation of FlyerTalk does not necessarily make it easier to find information. Rather than having a separate forum for every program that hints that a FF program is coming (or has even established one, though it may not be very good), a "miscellaneous" forum makes sense until such a program has demonstrated a demand.

While I appreciate the people who have weighed in on supporting a VX forum, the demand just isn't there yet. Obviously, other TalkBoard members may feel differently.
I compare VX to Independence. Maybe it fails, maybe it succeeds, but either way there are people who are passionate about the airline and passionate about flyertalk who are looking for a forum. And they deserve one, imho.

The airline itself will either grow or die. Either way the forum will serve a useful purpose (either as a vibrant forum or as a fascinating archive of a failed airline/frequent flyer program).

Grrrrrrr...if we were allowed to open the TB debate forum on a read only basis I wouldnt have to make these same points in two different places! @:-)