FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Voting Completed - Motion Failed) Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:21 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Other TB members feel differently.

If I were a casual poster and I had a question about VX but I didnt see it in the drop-down list I might very easily conclude that FT is not the place for me.

Further I dont support this forum based on 'buzz' or thread or view counts. I support it because there is a cadre of VX flyers and folks with an interest in VX who are also passionate flyertalkers and want to have the forum. That's precisely how flyertalk itself started, with a small cadre of passionate flyers who were also passionate flyertalk posters. I believe that, just like FT itself, with that passionate cadre and so much to talk about, VX has what it take to make it as a forum here. Maybe I'm wrong. But if so, what have we lost? Nothing.
Well darn it, where is my forum for Bob's Pretty Good Cropduster? How about a forum for The Goodyear Blimp and Other Dirigibles?

Further fragmentation of FlyerTalk does not necessarily make it easier to find information. Rather than having a separate forum for every program that hints that a FF program is coming (or has even established one, though it may not be very good), a "miscellaneous" forum makes sense until such a program has demonstrated a demand.

While I appreciate the people who have weighed in on supporting a VX forum, the demand just isn't there yet. Obviously, other TalkBoard members may feel differently.