FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All electronics must be removed from bag.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 8:27 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by tlr
I was told it's all electronics as of August, by the guy conducting harraSSSSment as prescribed by the boarding pass in ORD T3 (DL concourse) on me the other week -- the rare type of senior screener who will go into that process with a big sigh, a bit of a grin, and without taking themselves any more seriously than they absolutely need to (as in, we all know this ain't useful, let's get over with it, and quickly).

Me: "Can you imagine what the lines will look like then? I don't know what the folks who come up with that kind of rule are thinking..." he: "Me neither. *sigh*"
It is entirely possible at the time you had the above conversation that was the plan from On High; thereafter, it was likely pointed out that doing so would create a logistical nightmare at checkpoints, as well as enough of a PR headache to make catching any (potential) "baddies" not worth including smaller, commonly (read: sheeple) held items. My $.02

Basically, standard laptop size (12"+) DVD players - the kind that get hooked up to TV's, are what they mean ... I think? (as opposed to the size that fits on a tray table) As far as Playstation-type devices go ... I was once on a flight where a lad brought through not only a Playstation, but a 13" portable TV set with him for use in playing games inflight (RNO - SEA)!

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Aug 3, 2007 at 8:33 pm