FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Cancellation Wording
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:37 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JBNV123
For my case, I was never charged a deposit so it seems like a) the amount they would keep = deposit amount = 0 and more generally b) that the amount they would charge should have been made clear at the time the deposit was charge, which was never charged, therefore whatever amount they decide to charge will exceed what they promised per policy to charge.

Im curious, if i end up having to fight this via credit card chargeback do you think that would affect my ability to use my hyatt card and account? TIA.
Is this for an award stay or a cash stay? Regardless whether the deposit was charged or not, it was disclosed that cancelation inside of thirty days would result in a one-night's charge. If it's an award stay, I would tend to agree with you that they haven't disclosed the amount of the charge. If it's a cash stay, you do know what one night's charge would be.

A charge-back to a Hyatt property probably would not impact your relationship with Hyatt, as I don't recall reading any reports of Hyatt bans (though you might be banned by the specific property). I do recall occasional reports of problems with Marriott. If you do it with Hertz, they will definitely ban you.