FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westjet Economy Preferred Seats
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:52 pm
FlyerJ

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by progapanda
However, their seat selection page (for a flight operated on this aircraft type) seems to suggest Rows 4-7 are Preferred Seats (incl. beverage and snack) and the Exit Rows are the next cheaper seat category. I see we've had some discussion on other 737 variants earlier, but could someone confirm the Preferred Seats in Rows 4-7 of the 737-8 MAX indeed have 35 inches of pitch?
Originally Posted by Sopwith

OK ... I'm confused by this too. I must be missing something. There are now two seating layouts for the MAX 8 ... one 'normal', the other 'economy seating only'. Exactly which layout is Aerobod's post (in that other thread) referring to? (I assume he's referring to "Layout 1" which includes a Premium cabin, since he mentions Y starting at row 4. But it's in the thread about the all-Y-configuration aircraft.)
Originally Posted by aerobod
They should be in the 32-33" range, with the 2 emergency exit rows at 35-36". The current 9 rows (rows 4-12) in front of the emergency exit are about 31", rows 4-9 should become about 32.5", rows 10-12 28".
And for the love of god, why do WestJet's seat maps on their website apparently not clearly and accurately communicate which seats are actually designated as "Preferred" (both MAX seatmaps are, it seems, wrong), nor does that page accurately communicate the seat pitches? WestJet's own site doesn't match what Aerobod shared here -- and I trust Aerobod more than their website.

Other than exit rows, are there really, truly, actually "Preferred" seats on the MAXs now? If so, is there an accurate seatmap? And what are the seat pitches in Preferred non-exit-row seats??

Come on, WestJet, could you make this clear and easy for your customers? We shouldn't have to be scrolling through multiple posts and threads on a customer forum to figure out what your seat layout really is.

Last edited by FlyerJ; Dec 20, 2023 at 1:32 pm