Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet Economy Preferred Seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by brewster
Preferred seating on 737-700 appear to be nother more then 3cm. So for $138.00 you 3 cm? Come on Westjet. TOTAL RIP OFF.

Centimetres or inches?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Preferred seating on 737-700 appear to be nother more then 3cm. So for $138.00 you 3 cm? Come on Westjet. TOTAL RIP OFF.
Centimetres or inches?
Indeed, it's inches (and maybe more than 3, I'm not sure on that). And it makes a significant difference in comfort, especially if one has long legs. To each his own as to whether it's worth the price, but it's a noticeable difference.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Indeed please don’t buy it, so that when I have to fly Y, there’s an empty seat in my row. You can remain in the back where you can crush your knees at a 28” pitch!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Indeed, it's inches (and maybe more than 3, I'm not sure on that). And it makes a significant difference in comfort, especially if one has long legs. To each his own as to whether it's worth the price, but it's a noticeable difference.
CM. Regular i
those seat prices are just cash grabs. I paid BA less for an 8 hour flight.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: AC 35k
CM. Regular i
those seat prices are just cash grabs. I paid BA less for an 8 hour flight.
Cool. Take BA from YVR to YYZ! Oh, wait...
aerobod likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I have a Premium cabin ticket but WS downgraded the aircraft to the Sunwing or Swoop economy only aircraft.

there appears to be no row 4 on the DEF side? Are the first few rows any better than others?

Annoyingly WS also expects me to now pay for the checked bags “and try and claim it back later”… A lovely WS Premium travel experience as customary these days.
Old May 6, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Originally Posted by SamuelS
I have a Premium cabin ticket but WS downgraded the aircraft to the Sunwing or Swoop economy only aircraft.

there appears to be no row 4 on the DEF side? Are the first few rows any better than others?

Annoyingly WS also expects me to now pay for the checked bags “and try and claim it back later”… A lovely WS Premium travel experience as customary these days.
Yes, the first 5 or 6 rows on the starboard side feature more legroom and are the best pick.

During last-minute aircraft swaps, WestJet have in the past blocked the 1B, 1E, 2B, 2E, 3B, and 3E and offered the snack basket and free drinks to passengers in these seats as a quasi-Premium offering. Not sure if they're still doing this, and I imagine they wouldn't do it for long lead time swaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.