FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prime Flight employees (UA outsourced) at FLL
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:02 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Free flights for yourself, Spouse, and kids is a very powerful draw to many people.
Hey, even for as much grousing as I've heard from UA employees (most with 20+ years of seniority) do about how hard it is to get NSRA on flights these days I've thought if UA were to post a PT casual/on call position at my home station [they won't, IIRC there are still a large number of displaced agents with recall rights] and I could make it work with my "real" work schedule [I almost certainly couldn't] I'd do it for "free" just for the ability to list for flights. (And I get mistaken for a UA employee often enough by crews and pax I might as well get something for it )

That said the contract language that I didn't quote up thread for UGE specifies that those are the pay rates "unless otherwise required by law" -- so in places with cost of living ordinances (which I think covers SFO/ORD/EWR/LAX... not sure of IAH) UGE agents are likely getting paid more... though also have even bleaker salary progression prospect because it reads as if the longevity scale only comes into effect if it's more than the required pay rate, so...eg. for a $15/hr city a UGE employee conceivably could never see a raise as long as this contract is in effect [I really hope I'm reading that wrong...]