FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Jul 1, 2022, 9:33 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henry999
We haven't flown on United for a good few years but today I found my old Mileage Plus card in a drawer and just for kicks I thought I would check my account. Of course, I have no idea what the password is (or if I even ever set one). So I choose 'forgot password' and enter my name and account number. What I get next is an error message: 'The traveler information you entered does not match our records. Please revise the traveler's name and/or the frequent flyer program account number.' Well, I've got the card right in front of me and I'm copying the name and number correctly -- name is First Last, number is nnnnn nnn nnn. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it possible that accounts are deleted from the system after x years of inactivity? TIA
If your number is really nnnn… etc. — all digits — that’s from the pre-merger UA system. They converted all of those accounts to the new alphanumeric format as part of consolidating the CO and UA systems (in 2012, IIRC). Your account might still exist, but you’d need to contact UA to try to find the new details.