FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Dubai EDITION [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:53 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Thanks for the review illico. We are contemplating going to the NYE firework show, and thinking of walking from Burj Khalifa area back as it seems to be relatively close. But from prior posts here and elsewhere, seems to be a long walk as you indicated.

Coincidentally, the St. Regis and Edition both had award night availability when I checked an hour ago. Debating if I should try out St. Regis and just enjoy the view of NYE from the hotel instead of the ground level (secured my access pass (zone 12) already. Decisions, Decisions... albeit first world decisions...
If you are considering the St. Regis I hope the windows are cleaner now than when it was a Renaissance as they were filthy to the point the view was obstructed before. I stayed over NYE last year and it was a pretty shocking stay overall from a service perspective - can’t comment on since the change to St. Regis as I have no intention of ever going back. I’m about to check out of the EDITION so can provide some more photos of the Burj view etc shortly.