FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eSIM support for phone without eSIM (can move eSIM across phones)
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:17 pm
paperwastage

Originally Posted by draver
Please keep us updated on your experience with the setup and service with esim.me.
Originally Posted by Majuki
Keep us updated!
short update: I can confirm the "Core" idea of the technology works.
Another user also PM'd me, saying that it worked out of box for them without any issues (on non-native-esim phone: able to use app, add a few different eSIM providers to use on this esim.me product)

for me:
1) my samsung A71 5G phone doesn't work for some reason. listed as supported on their website (checks all boxes: android 9+, samsung, manually sim unlocked). The team is quite responsive, we're troubleshooting why
2) I do have a secondary device (Surface Duo1) which has native eSIM. I am able to use this device to verify the "core" technology
A) able to "put" a eSIM profile on the esim.me SIM
B) able to delete/change/add esim profiles on esim.me SIM
C) able to eject esim.me SIM, and put it on another phone (eg my "unsupported" Samsung), and my "unsupported" Samsung will use the last activated esim profile

note: there are some tricky fineprint when using on native eSIM phones (depends on your android version). Will explain the fineprint in my full writeup
On Android 10, you may not be able to use native eSIM plus eSIM.ME esim at the same time (cannot fully confirm yet)
On Android 11, you should be able to use both native eSIM plus eSIM.ME esim (cannot confirm yet).

hence, the "core" technology seems to be fine. will provide a full update/writeup after troubleshooting the issue on my "unsupported" phone

Last edited by paperwastage; Oct 21, 2021 at 1:27 pm