FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad service flying TPA-MIA-SJU in F
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:34 am
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
SJU is an interesting situation. Yes, they are US, but not a state, some will say a colony, etc. It is not considered domestic, sort of "international" that they even have their own mention regarding on the website about baggage. International in that everyone has access to buy duty free items when flying back to the US.

Mind you, I was born and raised in SJU and lived there for the first 25 years of my life. I've encountered my share of documentation requirements while flying to/from SJU even now. So yes, to some extent I would think that for someone flying out of the US mainland, they would have their paperwork in order, last thing you want is being stuck in transit as it will be an expensive lesson. Some AA personal certainly go on a power trip, and with covid restriction changing constantly, you may not know the correct info. Me, I rather err on the side of caution.
The statement still doesn't apply. There is no COVID test requirement when flying back to the mainland US when flying from PR.