Bad service flying TPA-MIA-SJU in F

Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Commenting on one's attractiveness now makes them sexist? How should the human race ever hope to procreate in the future? Asking for a friend.
FAs aren't there to be anyone's eye candy.

It's one thing to notice someone is attractive, it's another thing to post about it in a public forum particularly in the context of comparing two airlines.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:04 pm

I would have no problem if you wanted to call me hot!
mcgahat and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by bamin
They both were tested and had the results as we were aware PR requires testing or you have to quarantine / take the test there. My issue is AA did not anywhere during booking or check notify they require proof when flying and then at the airport acted that they need to see the proof (rude) which is different from trying deny boarding which I am sure they cannot.
READ: Power Tripping...
All bookings at AA clearly show this message and also during check in

Face coverings and COVID-19 testing requirements

A face covering is required by federal law at the airport and on board American Airlines flights. In addition, passengers flying to the U.S. from another country, including U.S. citizens, must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of departure, or documentation of recovery. These rules do not apply to children under 2. Passengers who may be exempt from wearing a face covering due to a disability must contact us before travel.

Read about travel requirements , Opens in a new window

Originally Posted by bamin
My family flew AA and I flew B6 due to work / flight timings and was just comparing both based our conversation.

AA F: (Note: My wife's account)
TPA-MIA: No service (Standard Nowadays)
MIA-SJU: Horrible Food. Lazy - 1 service run. Had trouble getting 2nd call.

B6 EvenMoreSeat:
TPA-SJU: Seat as good a AA F - Smiling (Hot) FA's - 2 service runs.
As mentioned before, TPA-MIA you wont get anything MIA-SJU you got your meal and 1 service run. Trouble getting the second, it happens, but has not stopped me from getting up and asking. While comparing during conversation, was the (Hot) B6 attendant mentioned?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
He did not actually say that these were female - that is your assumption. I have had male FAs who I would not describe so much hot as blistering - I will settle for whatever the American training school throws out as long as they are pleasant and bring me drinks as and when I request them. Should they not, I collar them in their lair and ask politely.

I would have been surprised if anything other than drinks were offered on such a short flight.
Even prior to Covid, service on MIA MCO/TPA was super inconsistent... sometimes you wouldn't even get a drink in F whilst other times with excellent crews you would get several drinks and even a snack basket.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 5:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by fly747first
Even prior to Covid, service on MIA MCO/TPA was super inconsistent... sometimes you wouldn't even get a drink in F whilst other times with excellent crews you would get several drinks and even a snack basket.
I was trained many years ago that the one thing that every passenger wanted was something to drink - even if there was no meal scheduled. I know that in F with 16 or so passengers at most that would be a walk in the park. In Y it is more of a challenge but only for soft drinks if you have to charge for alcohol. If we got a bit close to home, I would put it in a plastic glass . The rules are different in the US - but even so. Anyhow those times have gone and Take It or Leave It now appears to rule.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by arollins
All bookings at AA clearly show this message and also during check in

Face coverings and COVID-19 testing requirements

A face covering is required by federal law at the airport and on board American Airlines flights. In addition, passengers flying to the U.S. from another country, including U.S. citizens, must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of departure, or documentation of recovery. These rules do not apply to children under 2. Passengers who may be exempt from wearing a face covering due to a disability must contact us before travel.

Read about travel requirements , Opens in a new window
Huh? Tampa, Miami, and San Juan are all in the United States, so that statement doesn't apply.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Huh? Tampa, Miami, and San Juan are all in the United States, so that statement doesn't apply.
SJU is an interesting situation. Yes, they are US, but not a state, some will say a colony, etc. It is not considered domestic, sort of "international" that they even have their own mention regarding on the website about baggage. International in that everyone has access to buy duty free items when flying back to the US.

Mind you, I was born and raised in SJU and lived there for the first 25 years of my life. I've encountered my share of documentation requirements while flying to/from SJU even now. So yes, to some extent I would think that for someone flying out of the US mainland, they would have their paperwork in order, last thing you want is being stuck in transit as it will be an expensive lesson. Some AA personal certainly go on a power trip, and with covid restriction changing constantly, you may not know the correct info. Me, I rather err on the side of caution.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: AA
Oh please, get over your polyester fantasies. Was the original poster(m/f) referring to stewards or stewardesses?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
SJU is an interesting situation. Yes, they are US, but not a state, some will say a colony, etc. It is not considered domestic, sort of "international" that they even have their own mention regarding on the website about baggage. International in that everyone has access to buy duty free items when flying back to the US.

Mind you, I was born and raised in SJU and lived there for the first 25 years of my life. I've encountered my share of documentation requirements while flying to/from SJU even now. So yes, to some extent I would think that for someone flying out of the US mainland, they would have their paperwork in order, last thing you want is being stuck in transit as it will be an expensive lesson. Some AA personal certainly go on a power trip, and with covid restriction changing constantly, you may not know the correct info. Me, I rather err on the side of caution.
The statement still doesn't apply. There is no COVID test requirement when flying back to the mainland US when flying from PR.
chrisny2 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.