FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:32 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
That's why I don't understand people paying for F. You get the same service in C+ and even if you don't have status to get you into C+ for free it's a lot cheaper paying for a C+ seat than paying for F.
Depending on the buy-up, if one has checked bags, which could run $120 round trip, the price difference to buy-up may be less than the price for buying Y or C+ and checking bags.

Even as a Medallion who gets free bags, I have opted to buy-up to F on occasion when the fare difference to buy-up is small enough. Keep in mind too that DL is doing seat blocking in F when traveling solo and that adds a comfort factor as well. The times I've been up in F with the seat next to me blocked, it's been nice to use the area under or around the other seat as storage, use the other seat's tray table, etc. I'll also pull up the moving map on the other seat's IFE screen so I can keep it up full time as I watch a movie or show on my IFE screen.

But admittedly, as I've posted several times, all of my flights post-pandemic have been under 3 hours. If I was taking longer flights, I would be hard-pressed to fly DL due to the lack of real service (especially meals) on flights of such lengths.