Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:05 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Hit the jackpot on JAC-ATL yesterday. Almonds, Clif bar, Biscoff AND Goldfish.
No salami?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Hit the jackpot on JAC-ATL yesterday. Almonds, Clif bar, Biscoff AND Goldfish.
How was the ride yesterday? Was pretty bumpy over the Central/Eastern US.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Did VPS-ATL yesterday morning and there was definitely ‘rough air’ in the vicinity of Columbus, GA
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I noticed when DL rebranded the Niagara water, 10˘ appeared on the label. I wonder if someone goofed and mistakenly put the price DL pays on it without realizing.
That's likely a recycling refund value, like the CRV.

David
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Did VPS-ATL yesterday morning and there was definitely ‘rough air’ in the vicinity of Columbus, GA
But was said rough air unexpected?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Flew SWA yesterday MCO-MCI and they have added back sodas and sparkling water with ice of course. Got a cup of ice for my pre-made cocktail masked as a D20oz Diet Coke bottle.
FA said the rumor is alcohol back in May.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Flying DL tomorrow in FC so a little disappointed by no ice or soft drinks. I am a Alaska frequent flyer and AS has had soft drinks, beer, wine, water and ice for several months. Also offering fruit/cheese plate or breakfast sandwich/wrap in FC for breakfast and F/C and turkey sandwich after breakfast hours.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Klrduks
Flying DL tomorrow in FC so a little disappointed by no ice or soft drinks. I am a Alaska frequent flyer and AS has had soft drinks, beer, wine, water and ice for several months. Also offering fruit/cheese plate or breakfast sandwich/wrap in FC for breakfast and F/C and turkey sandwich after breakfast hours.
Not making any assumptions if you are in paid FC or not, but It’s time for people to start voting with their wallet instead of always complaining about the poor service. There are many people who are still paying for FC on DL even with the current bare bones service. If one doesn’t like the current FC service offerings on DL, than they should quit paying for FC which will send DL a message directly. With people continuing to pay for poor service, you are essentially telling DL that they are okay with their current offerings. I haven’t paid for one FC ticket on DL since the pandemic started (only via comp UG) and won’t do so until mostly normal service is back as it’s not worth the outrageous rates they are charging right now. Obviously some like the seat blocking, but I find it totally unessarary IMO as there’s no way to take advantage of it with the large center console between seats in FC and I can get more seat width in Y via middle seat blocking for less than half the cost of FC.
dw, unitedbusiness, Aloha1 and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Klrduks
OK, but this is no secret. Unless the price is amazing or the flight is very short, anyone that willingly chooses to buy/fly DL "First" these days gets no sympathy here.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
A bit bumpy but I'm used to it living in JAC.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Not making any assumptions if you are in paid FC or not, but It’s time for people to start voting with their wallet instead of always complaining about the poor service. There are many people who are still paying for FC on DL even with the current bare bones service. If one doesn’t like the current FC service offerings on DL, than they should quit paying for FC which will send DL a message directly. With people continuing to pay for poor service, you are essentially telling DL that they are okay with their current offerings. I haven’t paid for one FC ticket on DL since the pandemic started (only via comp UG) and won’t do so until mostly normal service is back as it’s not worth the outrageous rates they are charging right now. Obviously some like the seat blocking, but I find it totally unessarary IMO as there’s no way to take advantage of it with the large center console between seats in FC and I can get more seat width in Y via middle seat blocking for less than half the cost of FC.
That's why I don't understand people paying for F. You get the same service in C+ and even if you don't have status to get you into C+ for free it's a lot cheaper paying for a C+ seat than paying for F.

I have a DTW/LAS trip coming up next month and am taking Spirit since a big front seat is a lot less on those days than coach in Delta. Even though I have to pay for drinks at least they are available for purchase. Last time I flew spirit was back when they had business class and the seats were as comfortable as Delta in First (back when NK had business class I could fly them for about the same price DTW/LGA as Northwest in coach and the food and beverage offerings were better on that short flight than DL in First).

At least one other person in this thread commented they were using Spirit. It's pretty bad when Delta diamonds are using a low cost carrier like NK instead for better service.
cmd320 and Yellowjj like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:57 pm

As someone who has paid to fly First a couple of times during COVID and has paid to do so again in 2 weeks, I totally agree with this. We wouldn't take our masks off anyway to eat or drink so I don't care what they're serving. I want a comfortable seat in the front on a plane carrying less people since they're still blocking seats. That is worth it for me.

If I wanted ice or a meal, there are plenty of other flights.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sonkie23
As someone who has paid to fly First a couple of times during COVID and has paid to do so again in 2 weeks, I totally agree with this. We wouldn't take our masks off anyway to eat or drink so I don't care what they're serving. I want a comfortable seat in the front on a plane carrying less people since they're still blocking seats. That is worth it for me.

If I wanted ice or a meal, there are plenty of other flights.
If a comfortable seat is what you’re looking for you’re certainly not going to find that in Delta domestic F.
dw, DLATL777, apodo77 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
If a comfortable seat is what you’re looking for you’re certainly not going to find that in Delta domestic F.
I find absolutely nothing wrong with domestic F seats.
AeRoSpaceman and TXguy like this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
That's why I don't understand people paying for F. You get the same service in C+ and even if you don't have status to get you into C+ for free it's a lot cheaper paying for a C+ seat than paying for F.
Depending on the buy-up, if one has checked bags, which could run $120 round trip, the price difference to buy-up may be less than the price for buying Y or C+ and checking bags.

Even as a Medallion who gets free bags, I have opted to buy-up to F on occasion when the fare difference to buy-up is small enough. Keep in mind too that DL is doing seat blocking in F when traveling solo and that adds a comfort factor as well. The times I've been up in F with the seat next to me blocked, it's been nice to use the area under or around the other seat as storage, use the other seat's tray table, etc. I'll also pull up the moving map on the other seat's IFE screen so I can keep it up full time as I watch a movie or show on my IFE screen.

But admittedly, as I've posted several times, all of my flights post-pandemic have been under 3 hours. If I was taking longer flights, I would be hard-pressed to fly DL due to the lack of real service (especially meals) on flights of such lengths.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.