FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:30 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Not making any assumptions if you are in paid FC or not, but It’s time for people to start voting with their wallet instead of always complaining about the poor service. There are many people who are still paying for FC on DL even with the current bare bones service. If one doesn’t like the current FC service offerings on DL, than they should quit paying for FC which will send DL a message directly. With people continuing to pay for poor service, you are essentially telling DL that they are okay with their current offerings. I haven’t paid for one FC ticket on DL since the pandemic started (only via comp UG) and won’t do so until mostly normal service is back as it’s not worth the outrageous rates they are charging right now. Obviously some like the seat blocking, but I find it totally unessarary IMO as there’s no way to take advantage of it with the large center console between seats in FC and I can get more seat width in Y via middle seat blocking for less than half the cost of FC.
That's why I don't understand people paying for F. You get the same service in C+ and even if you don't have status to get you into C+ for free it's a lot cheaper paying for a C+ seat than paying for F.

I have a DTW/LAS trip coming up next month and am taking Spirit since a big front seat is a lot less on those days than coach in Delta. Even though I have to pay for drinks at least they are available for purchase. Last time I flew spirit was back when they had business class and the seats were as comfortable as Delta in First (back when NK had business class I could fly them for about the same price DTW/LGA as Northwest in coach and the food and beverage offerings were better on that short flight than DL in First).

At least one other person in this thread commented they were using Spirit. It's pretty bad when Delta diamonds are using a low cost carrier like NK instead for better service.